Axl's Contract

SerenityScorp

7 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/watch-axl-rose-get-back-on-his-feet-for-acdcs-vienna-concert/

"Rose recently indicated that he's willing to continue with AC/DC past the 22 shows he's contracted for."

I thought it's just 10 shows

12 European dates  he is currently doing (now plus 1 new date) then the 10 postponed U.S. dates after the GNR summer dates.

i hope he does! he needs to do a show near enough me so I can go, he has been so great I HAVE to see him in Axl/DC. but I doubt he'd do it permanently, GN'R is his baby, i can't see him doing someone else's songs for the rest of his career and abandoning the ones he has written in GN'R. but yeah do some concerts while in Axl/DC on the west coast please please please! and write some new songs while you do the GN'R summer tour too :heart:

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

2 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i hope he does! he needs to do a show near enough me so I can go, he has been so great I HAVE to see him in Axl/DC. but I doubt he'd do it permanently, GN'R is his baby, i can't see him doing someone else's songs for the rest of his career and abandoning the ones he has written in GN'R. but yeah do some concerts while in Axl/DC on the west coast please please please! and write some new songs while you do the GN'R summer tour too :heart:

Well you are unlucky because all cancelled show are on east coast:P

8 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

Nobody is talking about him abandoning GN'R if he continues with AC/DC. You've gotta remember that being a full-time member of AC/DC is still only a part-time commitment with how infrequently they do anything. Their albums and tours have been spaced on at least a 5-year cycle ever since 1990.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

Nobody is talking about him abandoning GN'R if he continues with AC/DC. You've gotta remember that being a full-time member of AC/DC is still only a part-time commitment with how infrequently they do anything. Their albums and tours have been spaced on at least a 5-year cycle ever since 1990.

Exactly, plus GN'R has been a part time job for him over the last 20 years as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DexAxl said:

Well you are unlucky because all cancelled show are on east coast:P

apparently you missed the part that said Axl was willing to do MORE shows after the ones only on the East Coast so I might be VERY lucky if he stays on and they do shows on the west coast! :P

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

I'd rather Axl continue with AC/DC than completely retire from everything.

Though as much as I love all of this, I do want him to focus on Gn'R.

As great as ACDC has been and as awesome as it is to watch Axl do this I think there will be a huge sense of "that's where he belongs" when we see him hit the stage with Slash and Duff in Detroit a month from now. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

As great as ACDC has been and as awesome as it is to watch Axl do this I think there will be a huge sense of "that's where he belongs" when we see him hit the stage with Slash and Duff in Detroit a month from now. 

I agree. I think the tone will change when he's back on stage with Guns again.