GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

3 hours ago, Frey said:

That story stuck out to me as well.

Because in my whole life I have never received a Christmas gift from one of my friends' mothers. 

Not even as a kid, so I think that is quite uncommon.

Then again, Axl did apparently spend a lot of time making noise in the Isbells' garage lol.

Nah, it's not really the norm to get a Christmas present from your friends parents, unless they feel sorry for you. My friends mum bought me and my sister a present each one year when my parents split up and I used to hang around their house all the time. I was fucking embarrassed by it though. Weird how your brain processes things as a kid. 

I think maybe Izzys mum felt bad for Axl. If his teachers knew his difficulties at home then she probably did too. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, giuls said:

Am i the only one that loves it when he dress kitsch? It's like an 80's throwback

I love it too. I don't think he ever really stopped dressing kitsch lol

6 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Some things never change.

076.jpg

Lol expression and all....now where's that pesky red solo cup of JD

41 minutes ago, killuridols said:

this is the ULTIMATE DISGRACE! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

(we were going so good...... :no:)

LOL! The coat is so hideous, even the fake fur 80ies one is hideous, so bad it's already cool again. Axl has the facial exression of a five year old who has to be on the foto, doen't want to but plays along to please. The ghostbuster next to him is like his over excited uncle. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Tori72

Just now, Tori72 said:

LOL! The coat is so hideous, even the fake fur 80ies one is hideous, so bad it's already cool again. Axl he has the facial exression of a five year old in who has to be on the foto, doen't want to but plays along to please. The ghostbuster next to him is like his over excited uncle. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think the 80's one belonged to Erin but this thing... this "robe" is so atrocious I feel like burning it :anger: to ashes.... that animal print is so bad, soooo bad, sooooooooooo bad. It's a hell I can't describe!

And why were that thing when he's fully dressed? :question:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Frey said:

That story stuck out to me as well.

Because in my whole life I have never received a Christmas gift from one of my friends' mothers. 

Not even as a kid, so I think that is quite uncommon.

Then again, Axl did apparently spend a lot of time making noise in the Isbells' garage lol.

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Nah, it's not really the norm to get a Christmas present from your friends parents, unless they feel sorry for you. My friends mum bought me and my sister a present each one year when my parents split up and I used to hang around their house all the time. I was fucking embarrassed by it though. Weird how your brain processes things as a kid. 

I think maybe Izzys mum felt bad for Axl. If his teachers knew his difficulties at home then she probably did too. 

Yeah, getting Christmas presents from your friends' parents seems unusual to me too. I've known my best friend for 16 years or so and have often been at her family's home, but I've never received a gift from her mom and would feel really strange giving her one as well. Have never heard of anyone else receiving or exchanging gifts with friends' moms either.

I also agree that Izzy's mom probably knew about Axl's home life and likely felt bad for him if she's as nice as the guy in the other thread (and Izzy himself) said. I would probably have felt like doing something nice for the poor kid as well and would probably have embarrassed the fuck out of him by doing so (because I totally get what you're saying @MillionsOfSpiders, I would have felt the same way as a kid as you did).

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Didn't you want to sneak into his room and burn all the hats, by the way? :lol: I hope you got your job done....  

I dont have much problem with the hats although the only one I support is the Janis one.

They keep his crazy hair tamed, at least.

But this cheetah robe instead... :facepalm:

18 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Yeah, getting Christmas presents from your friends' parents seems unusual to me too. I've known my best friend for 16 years or so and have often been at her family's home, but I've never received a gift from her mom and would feel really strange giving her one as well. Have never heard of anyone else receiving or exchanging gifts with friends' moms either.

I don't remember receiving presents from my friends parents either as a kid but as an adult, I have and I gave to her too, since we have had them invited for Christmas dinner.

Don't get what's so weird about it.... Or is it that in your cultures you are only allowed to receive presents from your families only? :question:

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I dont have much problem with the hats although the only one I support is the Janis one.

They keep his crazy hair tamed, at least.

But this cheetah robe instead... :facepalm:

I don't remember receiving presents from my friends parents either as a kid but as an adult, I have and I gave to her too, since we have had them invited for Christmas dinner.

Don't get what's so weird about it.... Or is it that in your cultures you are only allowed to receive presents from your families only? :question:

For some, receiving Christmas gifts as children from family friends is a sign of charity....and no one wants to feel like a charity case. As we get older, we understand it for the purely loving gesture it is meant to be.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

For some, receiving Christmas gifts as children from family friends is a sign of charity....and no one wants to feel like a charity case. As we get older, we understand it for the purely loving gesture it is meant to be.

I think this may definitely be a cultural thing as I've never heard of such shame when I was a kid.... unless... your parents didn't give you anything at all.

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Hah no, it's perfectly fine to receive presents from all kinds of people, but usually you get them from people you are close to. And who is close to their friends' parents? Not that many people in my experience (may be different in other countries).

My friends' parents are people that I chat to politely when I run into them or when I'm at their house, but I don't hang out with them and am not close enough with them to exchange or give presents.

• Like 1