Richard Fortus: I Identify A Lot With Izzy Personally And Musically

22 minutes ago, onetimer said:

yeah sure, there's possibility of them lying about this givin' him shit after his departure :) I agree...

I just really don't believe that Izzy's willing to learn & play chinese stuff when Axl is pretty happy w/ Slash and Duff playin' it so they're not dropping them.

Why wouldn't Izzy play CD stuff? He toured with nuGNR and wrote material with them. What objections would he have to playing CD songs?

• Like 1

On Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 3:45 PM, Slash787 said:

I don't blame Fortus, he is just doing his job, I guess Axl, Slash and Duff are to be blamed.

As fans we love Izzy and want him to be there, so it will be better if they come out and tell the reason why Izzy is not involved, we are just hearing stories from here and there, but no one knows the exact truth.

Once we know what happened, then I guess Fortus won't get that much hate. 

I get as fans wanting to know. I'm curious as well. But since we've basically heard nothing other than speculation for the most part I'm gonna take into account old interviews. In older interviews it was said Izzy didn't like the tour life so much.

Izzy has came Herr and there to do shows when he felt like it.

Me personally I think it may be a matter of money wanted. Which in all fairness if that's the case Axl,Slash and Duff should get more than Izzy. Not because Izzy doesn't deserve it but this is a business and Izzy left the business side for them to carry on years ago.

Axl, in his own admission tried to change Izzy's mind to no avail. 

Rather we want to admit it or not, as fans, they have to keep that in mind. They have all worked hard the 3 that remained tied to thr business side in whatever capacity. Izzy will always remain a huge part of GnR in my heart but I understand the business side and why they're just not gonna make him a partner for lack of better word again.

Why blame Axl,Slash and Duff?

None seem to hold a grudge with him but without knowing what's going on and why Izzy isn't there I'm going with Loyalty when it comes to Frank and lack of agreement on money and involvement when it comes to Izzy. All things I can understand.

I'm still holding out for some Izzy involvement soon.

36 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

Why wouldn't Izzy play CD stuff? He toured with nuGNR and wrote material with them. What objections would he have to playing CD songs?

Maybe he isn't into that the newgnr stuff that much. Sure he played with them here and there but just for 2-3 old songs and an old cover which he's known how to play them for about 20 years by now :) Maybe he's having hard times learning someone else's material or to do it justice. According to Marc Canter (and he surely knows him better than fans) he sometimes also isn't the easiest person to work with (reckless road interviews).

Is there any (officialy released or performed) CHD song co-written with Izzy? I don't know of any... 

I'd personaly love to see those original 5 fuckers doin' their thing together for the entire tour (plus Dizzy on piano) but I just don't have high hopes. 

3 hours ago, onetimer said:

Maybe he isn't into that the newgnr stuff that much. Sure he played with them here and there but just for 2-3 old songs and an old cover which he's known how to play them for about 20 years by now :) Maybe he's having hard times learning someone else's material or to do it justice. According to Marc Canter (and he surely knows him better than fans) he sometimes also isn't the easiest person to work with (reckless road interviews).

Is there any (officialy released or performed) CHD song co-written with Izzy? I don't know of any... 

I'd personaly love to see those original 5 fuckers doin' their thing together for the entire tour (plus Dizzy on piano) but I just don't have high hopes. 

Heard it all now... Izzy is difficult to work with... Maybe, but that's the first I heard that one...

• Like 1