Richard Fortus: I Identify A Lot With Izzy Personally And Musically

22 hours ago, Get In the Ring Motherfker said:

So now Fortus is eligible to sing 14 years instead of Izzy

Except he  can't even sing backup vocals which apparently makes Reese the blueberry pop tart soooo important.... Izzy and Gilby could sing backups...

15 hours ago, Hollywood Zombie said:

Can't wait to see people whine when Izzy does come back if he ever does. No one would be happy even if steven and izzy came back, someone would find something to bitch about. I for one like fortus. Seeing my favorite band live was amazing. They could play My world over and over and I'd still be smiling like a little school boy. Just saying that GNR will never please anyone they cant. Waaaaaaaas melissa sucks, ewww shes a girl, Waaaaaaaa no izzy Waaaaaaaa fortus sucks, Waaaaaaaa to many chinese songs, Waaaaaaaa axls voice Waaaaaaaa slash isn't playing Robins parts right. Waaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaa 

People can still love a band and be happy but not like everything about them or want them to be better.. If you would enjoy a show where Guns plays My World over and over than you are just a blind fan boy. I can assure you that 99.9% of the people posting here love the band just as much if not more than you.  

Slash/Axl and Duff are together and that is fucking awesome.. It doesn't mean that people need to think that having a little blue smurf on stage is awesome.. People don't like Fortus.. Deal with it..

People fins flaws with the Illusions albums but still love them as a whole. You can still love something and recognize it's flaws.. Many find flaws in some of the hired hands.. They could really have done a better job.. There was a reason the majority of Guns fans bailed and weren't into Guns the last 15 years.. The musicians were a big part of it

Luckily Axl, Slash and Duff are rock Gods and can over shadow the rest.

• Like 2

Fuck, dude, please ... just shut up.  Please go away.  You're not in GNR.  You never will be.  Have some decency, do the right thing, and go the way Ashba and Bumble went.  If really necessary, you can be Izzy's guitar tech.  But stay in the wings during the shows !

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kickingthehabit said:

He either wants a lot of money for guest appearances and they won't pay his price, or he wants to be a full time member and they don't think he's dependable. Richard keeps the job because he always shows up.

Nailed it.

It's true, Richard does always show up... kinda like a bad rash that won't go away. Only kidding - don't hurt me Fortus fans :P

To Mr. Stradlin's credit -- he's never missed a single GnR gig. Axl on the other hand....how many gigs has he missed? 

Izzy's on record as saying he didn't show up for the Don't Cry video because he hated the idea of those videos and felt like his opinion wasn't being heard. Hard to blame him for that one considering the reputation of those three Stephanie Seymour videos.

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 4

On 8/18/2016 at 6:28 PM, Nikki_Sixx said:

Fuck, dude, please ... just shut up.  Please go away.  You're not in GNR.  You never will be.  Have some decency, do the right thing, and go the way Ashba and Bumble went.  If really necessary, you can be Izzy's guitar tech.  But stay in the wings during the shows !

I love to see Nikki Sixx giving a lecture in matters of decency.

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 4:39 PM, Tom-Ass said:

Except he  can't even sing backup vocals which apparently makes Reese the blueberry pop tart soooo important.... Izzy and Gilby could sing backups...

Like he can do anything properly. The man thinks he's playing rhythm guitar. Rhythm guitar my ass. At least gilby played true rhythm,when you could hear his guitar.I'm not saying he's not talented or anything ,but he's sure as hell not playing rhythm and can't sing backup vocals .

5 hours ago, Get In the Ring Motherfker said:

Like he can do anything properly. The man thinks he's playing rhythm guitar. Rhythm guitar my ass. At least gilby played true rhythm,when you could hear his guitar.I'm not saying he's not talented or anything ,but he's sure as hell not playing rhythm and can't sing backup vocals .

Harsh but true, he's not a good fit for the band. Dude is a lead guitarist.

But hey, he can shred and stumble around making orgasm faces during his solos, therefore he's better than Izzy and Gilby.

• Like 1

On August 18, 2016 at 11:05 AM, Kickingthehabit said:

He either wants a lot of money for guest appearances and they won't pay his price, or he wants to be a full time member and they don't think he's dependable. Richard keeps the job because he always shows up.

my guess - it's about money. I think Izzy deserves an equal share with Slash and Axl. 

Edited by Hell House

16 minutes ago, Hell House said:

my guess - it's about money. I think Izzy deserves an equal share with Slash and Axl. 

The worst thing Izzy did was leave the partnership, but I think they would have tried to force him out regardless. He became too antagonistic during UYI. Refusing to record overdubs, no showing, lifeless performances. Axl, Slash and Duff had their fair share of problems, but they could (and still can) come to an agreement as business partners, whereas Izzy was a pain in the ass. The question becomes, "Why have four people in charge of Guns N' Roses when we can have three?" Still wish he was there :(

• Like 3

On Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at 5:08 PM, Slash787 said:

I don't have a big problem with Fortus, he was the best one in Axl's solo band. 

Now when he is been hired by GNR, he should stop doing solos in RQ and KOHD. If they sounded good, I would have said it sounds good, but it doesn't.

I wish Izzy was there, I don't even know why some people compare Izzy with Fortus, like man Izzy is so much more talented. 

Another thing I don't like about Fortus is that when he doesn't knows shit, then he should stop saying it, like since the past 5 years he kept on saying "New music next year". He knows how Axl works so he could have just said He has no idea.

Then around 2 years ago he said he won't share the same stage with Slash, now when Axl is friends with Slash, so he is sharing the same stage with Slash? Fortus should grow some balls, at least Bumblefoot spoke his mind.

Izzy is a really cool dude and does whatever he wants, his music is great and not scared of anyone. 

Axl, Slash and Duff are the owners of this business venture called Guns N' Roses, my advice to them to make their company better would be fire Fortus and Frank and bring back Izzy and Steven to make it better. 

Actually he only said out of respect for Axl at the time, not anything else. It wasn't that he disliked Slash he was just being loyal to Axl at the time in respect to the feud.

3 hours ago, Hell House said:

Izzy gave up his share. As far as the terms I'm sure he got something but it was Izzy who did it. 

I love Izzy and what he's done for the band but he made his choices as did others. Some just went about it different.

As far as Fortus comments. I see no issue. I doubt Izzy does either. So man make it an issue because he feels they have similarities. They would know more than us.

What's the big deal? People want to bash him because he says something nice? Get over yourselves. 

As fans we are entitled but sometimes we take it too far myself included I'm sure.

1 minute ago, BOSSY78 said:

Izzy gave up his share. As far as the terms I'm sure he got something but it was Izzy who did it. 

I love Izzy and what he's done for the band but he made his choices as did others. Some just went about it different.

As far as Fortus comments. I see no issue. I doubt Izzy does either. So man make it an issue because he feels they have similarities. They would know more than us.

What's the big deal? People want to bash him because he says something nice? Get over yourselves. 

As fans we are entitled but sometimes we take it too far myself included I'm sure.

I don't blame Fortus, he is just doing his job, I guess Axl, Slash and Duff are to be blamed.

As fans we love Izzy and want him to be there, so it will be better if they come out and tell the reason why Izzy is not involved, we are just hearing stories from here and there, but no one knows the exact truth.

Once we know what happened, then I guess Fortus won't get that much hate. 

4 hours ago, Kickingthehabit said:

The worst thing Izzy did was leave the partnership, but I think they would have tried to force him out regardless. He became too antagonistic during UYI. Refusing to record overdubs, no showing, lifeless performances. Axl, Slash and Duff had their fair share of problems, but they could (and still can) come to an agreement as business partners, whereas Izzy was a pain in the ass. The question becomes, "Why have four people in charge of Guns N' Roses when we can have three?" Still wish he was there :(

'...overdubs' which ruined Use Your Illusion - wise decision on Stradlin's part, as was the decision to leave just before the cheesy videos started with ''Don't Cry''. And 'lifeless performances' is complete bollocks.

31 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

'...overdubs' which ruined Use Your Illusion - wise decision on Stradlin's part, as was the decision to leave just before the cheesy videos started with ''Don't Cry''. And 'lifeless performances' is complete bollocks.

Izzy quit Guns N' Roses.

He did it because he didn't agree with the direction of the band. The band was more than just him. It was three other guys who were working incredibly hard to keep Guns going and moving toward their vision of it - whatever that was. Not many people in this world appreciate getting equal reward in a group when one person is only doing the bare minimum to even be considered to be doing anything.

It makes perfect sense for Izzy to back off if he didn't want what the others wanted. It also makes perfect sense for the others to point out they they over rule him and keep going in their direction. It makes perfect sense for Izzy to then quit.

No one is to blame. No one is more wrong than the others. It is just how life works.

Edited by sanity_lost
oops... accidently hit submit.
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Kickingthehabit said:

:(

I think Izzy for what ever reasons doesn't want to learn / is maybe not capable to rehearse and play Chinese Democracy tunes in the first place. :) 

Long ago I've read somewhere in interviews or a book Izzy was not reliable even to play songs he wrote/co-wrote back in the illusion tour days properly and they have to turn the knob on his amp a little down cause he tended to play different tune sometimes :)

I love Izzy but there's no way the rest of the guys would allow anyone to fuck it up for them, "NITL" tour and big "GnFnR" comeback. There are shitloads of money on the table.

If only AFD, Lies and UYI songs were planned to be played for this tour I'm sure they would give him a chance to do full set, but there's no chance Axl would completely give up chinese tunes. According to him (in china exchange interview) he enjoys performing chinese tunes the most these days.

...just my opinion :)

4 minutes ago, onetimer said:

I think Izzy for what ever reasons doesn't want to learn / is maybe not capable to rehearse and play Chinese Democracy tunes in the first place. :) 

Long ago I've read somewhere in interviews or a book Izzy was not reliable even to play songs he wrote/co-wrote back in the illusion tour days properly and they have to turn the knob on his amp a little down cause he tended to play different tune sometimes :)

...If you believed Axl and Slash's lies after Izzy quit.

I do not.

Edited by DieselDaisy

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

...If you believed Axl and Slash's lies after Izzy quit.

I do not.

yeah sure, there's possibility of them lying about this givin' him shit after his departure :) I agree...

I just really don't believe that Izzy's willing to learn & play chinese stuff when Axl is pretty happy w/ Slash and Duff playin' it so they're not dropping them.

On 21/08/2016 at 8:37 PM, BOSSY78 said:

Actually he only said out of respect for Axl at the time, not anything else. It wasn't that he disliked Slash he was just being loyal to Axl at the time in respect to the feud.

Pathetic imo. He was a grown man in his 40s, not some high-schooler. Is it any wonder the "feud" dragged on for as long as it did when this was the mentality of those in and around the situation. Though I also think it was a case of, "I can't do much else outside of GNR, let me keep a good thing going by snubbing Slash and ingratiating myself to Axl".

It seems Duff truly was the guiding light.