Official Japan Tour Announced

Just now, serendipity said:

so no actual ticket collection at all till jan? I was planning to get a friend to help me pick up mine in Nov when she is in tokyo. at least then i know if i get conned (but hope NOT)

Nope, tickets won't be available before January 5th.

23 minutes ago, serendipity said:

so no actual ticket collection at all till jan? I was planning to get a friend to help me pick up mine in Nov when she is in tokyo. at least then i know if i get conned (but hope NOT)

shit. is that really the trend for don't cry for all the concerts? im so so so fickle. i would die to hear him sing that

Yeah it seems so, I really love Don't Cry. I just hope the show ends before midnight cause I have a train to catch next day for Osaka.

@Nalbi did you get the confirmation from Alan? he sent you the paypal link?

1 hour ago, Axe1975 said:

I've had no response from Alan today. So i guess I missed out. I'm travelling from Australia and I only need one ticket, is there any chance of buying a ticket when I arrive in Japan? 

You should send him an email, he also din't give me any response, I emailed him to ask him and then he replied with the paypal link.

Now after paying, Im waiting for his response again.....

Why aren't you going to the shows is Australia? 

2 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

You should send him an email, he also din't give me any response, I emailed him to ask him and then he replied with the paypal link.

Now after paying, Im waiting for his response again.....

Why aren't you going to the shows is Australia? 

Sent Alan an email. I'm going to the M.C.G and Adelaide Oval shows! Always wanted to go to Japan and see them! Taking the family to Disneyland then trying to sneak of to a GNR concert. Hopefully they release VIP packages just like Australia.

3 minutes ago, Axe1975 said:

Sent Alan an email. I'm going to the M.C.G and Adelaide Oval shows! Always wanted to go to Japan and see them! Taking the family to Disneyland then trying to sneak of to a GNR concert. Hopefully they release VIP packages just like Australia.

Thats cool man, I hope you go to the show in Japan too. 

44 minutes ago, Nalbi said:

Nope, tickets won't be available before January 5th.

Paying for the tickets and actually getting them are separately done in Japan. There are very specific time slots for payments and ticket pickup. When you pay at a convenient store you receive a voucher that has the concert details on it, as well as a series of numbers and a QR code for when you pick up the actual tickets at a convenience store (you don't need to use both, just one or the other). On my voucher, it says ticket pickup times are from January 5th (Thursday) 14:00 - Jan. 30th (Mon.) 21:00

Also note: the preordered ticket payments must be done by this Saturday (Sep. 3rd) by 21:00 otherwise those tickets will be cancelled. 

I'm surfing the Japanese discussions about the concert finish times, and there is some discussion going on that a last train at 23:00 from the Keihin Tohoku Line (京浜東北線) may be available should the GnR concert finish spectacularly late, or more realistically a mode of transport made available for people deciding to spend some time hanging around the area afterward. 
I'll see if there's any more info. like seating that can be transferred onto this forum, sorry if this seemed jumbled.

Congrats to those who have their tickets confirmed, hang in there! Sometimes it feels like fighting tooth and nail to get through.

1 minute ago, Redbird3192 said:

Yes, sorry I didn't post earlier about this...what's up Slash787?

I will be staying near Ueno Station, I know there is a line to Saitama from Ueno station, I heard the last train leaves at 12.30 am.

Btw do you know any good reliable website from where I could book train tickets from Tokyo to Osaka? 

4 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

I will be staying near Ueno Station, I know there is a line to Saitama from Ueno station, I heard the last train leaves at 12.30 am.

Btw do you know any good reliable website from where I could book train tickets from Tokyo to Osaka? 

Hmmm...online booking...
Generally I use hyperdia.com to search up train times and the cost getting to places, which is the really single reliable website.
Japan guide has the details about getting a JR pass, but the minimum number of stays is 7, so I'm not sure about that one... 

http://www.hyperdia.com/en/
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361.html
https://www.japan-rail-pass.com/?ap=j0095g

But the thing is, booking online has so many hoops that need you to jump through I usually call the JR East line to confirm and have them directly tell me.  The international number is +81 (50)2016-1603
English speakers are available, but as far as I know purchasing the ticket you may have to do it by yourself, but I would rather speak to someone who knows about the lines and is familiar with the services. 

When are you arriving in Ueno? You can purchase tickets at the station although it will probably be a Shinkansen ticket.

1 minute ago, Redbird3192 said:

Hmmm...online booking...
Generally I use hyperdia.com to search up train times and the cost getting to places, which is the really single reliable website.
Japan guide has the details about getting a JR pass, but the minimum number of stays is 7, so I'm not sure about that one... 

http://www.hyperdia.com/en/
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361.html
https://www.japan-rail-pass.com/?ap=j0095g

But the thing is, booking online has so many hoops that need you to jump through I usually call the JR East line to confirm and have them directly tell me.  The international number is +81 (50)2016-1603
English speakers are available, but as far as I know purchasing the ticket you may have to do it by yourself, but I would rather speak to someone who knows about the lines and is familiar with the services. 

When are you arriving in Ueno? You can purchase tickets at the station although it will probably be a Shinkansen ticket.

Well if things go by fine, then Im supposed to Arrive in Tokyo on the 25th, then I will do sightseeing and all till the 28th. Then on 29th I will go to the show and 30th morning I will be leaving for Osaka. 

The Shinkansen ticket is easily available for Osaka? or it needs to be booked in advance? thats why I asked so its better I book it online. 

Which show are you planning to go? 

8 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Well if things go by fine, then Im supposed to Arrive in Tokyo on the 25th, then I will do sightseeing and all till the 28th. Then on 29th I will go to the show and 30th morning I will be leaving for Osaka. 

The Shinkansen ticket is easily available for Osaka? or it needs to be booked in advance? thats why I asked so its better I book it online. 

Which show are you planning to go? 

If you like I can call the JR East tomorrow and confirm the necessity of booking the tickets and message you back?

I wouldn't worry about missing the last train to Tokyo at all.  When they played Tokyo Dome in 2009 for 3 hours and 37 minutes, we all still had plenty of time to get to the trains.

There's no way they'd make 40,000 people miss the train and miss work the next day.   Baseball games don't even go into extra innings here.  If GNR were on significantly late for some reason, 75% of the crowd will just get up and leave before Paradise City cause they will NOT want to get stuck out in Saitama all night.

Just checked the start times....6:00PM on Saturday, 5:00PM on Sunday.   I think we'll be fine.   I remember Axl coming on a bit late at Tokyo Dome, but not nearly as bad as "Axl time" and the crowd was getting restless.  They take punctuality pretty seriously here.

Edited by estrangedtwat

21 minutes ago, Redbird3192 said:

If you like I can call the JR East tomorrow and confirm the necessity of booking the tickets and message you back?

That would be really kind of you to do. Btw which show are you planning to go? 28th or 29th? 

This guy Alan is just a typical reseller (scalper?)

He got your money.  There's no incentive for him to hurry.  He probably just takes his time.  He may have had dozens of people to try to order for?  Who knows.

The process is probably instant.  You pay the money, you get the voucher. 

Maybe he's waiting to actually PAY for the tickets?  He has almost 48 hours to do so.   I don't know.  I'm probably gonna get mine tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, serendipity said:

He has not sent me the link. How much exactly is the payment?

Its in Hong Kong Dollars, 3,003.58 HKD to be exact for the one VIP standing. 

Edited by Slash787

8 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

This guy Alan is just a typical reseller (scalper?)

He got your money.  There's no incentive for him to hurry.  He probably just takes his time.  He may have had dozens of people to try to order for?  Who knows.

The process is probably instant.  You pay the money, you get the voucher. 

Maybe he's waiting to actually PAY for the tickets?  He has almost 48 hours to do so.   I don't know.  I'm probably gonna get mine tomorrow.

Yeah it seems so and he will make around $100 in between, thats why he said it will take 2 to 3 days for the confirmation, Which I assume is the voucher, to come.

But at least he should care to reply when some one has already send him the money. 

50 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

That would be really kind of you to do. Btw which show are you planning to go? 28th or 29th? 

No problems, so sorry for the late response! I'll be going to the 29th concert! 
Has this Alan guy said when he'd be able to give everyone an answer? Maybe he's collecting payment from everyone and will process all the info. and release the voucheres after this Saturday when the deadline passes?? 

9 minutes ago, Redbird3192 said:

No problems, so sorry for the late response! I'll be going to the 29th concert! 
Has this Alan guy said when he'd be able to give everyone an answer? Maybe he's collecting payment from everyone and will process all the info. and release the voucheres after this Saturday when the deadline passes?? 

He did mention before that it will take 1 to 3 days for the confirmation to come after the payment. 

Its not a small amount, so I just wanted to know that if he even got it or not. 

You will be in the VIP standing or SS? 

Edited by Slash787

10 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

He did mention before that it will take 1 to 3 days for the confirmation to come after the payment. 

Its not a small amount, so I just wanted to know that if he even got it or not. 

You will be in the VIP standing or SS? 

I'm SS. Let me guess, VIP for you right:)