Official Japan Tour Announced

1 minute ago, Slash787 said:

I guess he will forward it to us in Jan. Even I thought that if something happens to him or his company, then we are literally fucked.

I don't know why he won't send us the E voucher now and just send a screen shot? 

From what I understood, the e-voucher won't be available until January 5th, but there must be a way for him to enter our email address on the account to get it directly as soon as they're released, instead of having all of them emailed to him before forwarding them to us.

Edited by Nalbi

11 minutes ago, serendipity said:

I will arrive via haneda on 26 jan 1530hrs. Now i hv to think abt the accomodation. Where are you guys staying? Im leaving on 31 jan

Im on a tight budget, for me the prices for everything has gone up.

I will be staying near Ueno station, it well connected to the Saitama Arena.

It is even well connected to the Tokyo station where all my tours will leave from.

Hotels are Japan are expensive, but as you are from Singapore, even that is expensive, I was in Singapore last year and man it is an expensive city.

You can check out the rates of the hotel on www.booking.com 

4 minutes ago, Nalbi said:

Yeah, I got that, thanks but that's not what I meant, sorry for the confusion.

My question is: Will the e-voucher be emailed to him who will forward it to us in January or directly to us. If the former, we'll still be depending on that guy until January and if anything happens to him or his business, we're screwed.

@estrangedtwat and @Redbird3192, you guys living in japan? If alan is a damn scammer, you guys will be the huntsman

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nalbi said:

From what I understodd, the e-voucher won't be available until January 5th, but there must be a way for him to enter our email address on the account to get it directly as soon as they're released, instead of having all of them emailed to him before forwarding them to us.

Yeah but does this e voucher being available on the 5th applies to everyone?

I thought the people who are already in Japan, once they make the payment, they immediatly get the E Voucher and then they can redeem it on the 5th Jan.

I really don't know if Alan will get the vouchers before or on the 5th and then email us.

@estrangedtwat and @Redbird3192 might be able to answer the E voucher question better as they applied directly. 

8 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Im on a tight budget, for me the prices for everything has gone up.

I will be staying near Ueno station, it well connected to the Saitama Arena.

It is even well connected to the Tokyo station where all my tours will leave from.

Hotels are Japan are expensive, but as you are from Singapore, even that is expensive, I was in Singapore last year and man it is an expensive city.

You can check out the rates of the hotel on www.booking.com 

Alright, i will figure out over the next few days on where to stay. This ticket thing has been pretty stressful 

I can't imagine not getting the voucher IMMEDIATELY.

I'm paying for my ticket tomorrow.  In person.   I'm going to the little kiosk in the convenient store, entering my confirmation number, and a ticket comes out.  I'll hand that to the cashier and pay the money.  Cash.  The cashier will enter it into the computer that I paid.   I can't see any scenario where I'd walk out of there without a voucher saying I paid and reserved my ticket.  It would be crazy to think that it isn't issued immediately upon payment.

Obviously seats aren't assigned, but this voucher is a receipt and a reservation.  It's the whole reason we did the pre-sale.

And again, I'm not trying to make you guys worry.  I don't think this Alan guy is ripping anyone off...but I just think he's lazy.  He wants to do things at his own pace.  And he assumes his customers will just take his word for it that "oh this is how it's done in Japan."

I'll find out tomorrow afternoon/evening when I go to pay for mine.

FML, Bryan Adams is playing Tokyo on the 24th and I will be reaching there on the 25th......

Im on a tight budget, but If I knew this before, I could have done something.....

But well getting a concert ticket in Japan is a pain in the ass, so well I guess I will go to some other country for Bryan Adams.....

7 hours ago, Slash787 said:

FML, Bryan Adams is playing Tokyo on the 24th and I will be reaching there on the 25th......

Im on a tight budget, but If I knew this before, I could have done something.....

But well getting a concert ticket in Japan is a pain in the ass, so well I guess I will go to some other country for Bryan Adams.....

bryan adams 21 jan in kuala lumpur is a perfect one for me. but that's just wayyyy too much to spend on concerts this year. i wld like to get SS ticket for 29 during general sales to maximize the chance for 'don't cry'. plus im going queen in singapore (sep) and rockaway fest in kuala lumpur (nov)

7 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Thanks for waiting, I've given JR East a call about booking Shinkansen tickets to Osaka from Tokyo. The Shinkansen tickets CANNOT be booked online, and can only be purchased at a train station when you are in Japan.

The Shinkansen stops at Shin-Osaka and from there you transfer onto a local line to Osaka. That is the usual route, you can check hyperdia.com for times and costs etc. but you will have to purchase the ticket at one of the train stations. Probably Ueno, where you're arriving right? 

Went to the convenient store and paid for my ticket.

It was exactly like I said it would be.  Put my confirmation number into the screen, it prints a little ticket.  Take the ticket to the cashier, he takes my money, and he hands me my receipt and voucher.  The voucher is generated instantly.

If Alan is telling you it takes 1-3 days, that's just him doing things on his own time.  I don't think he's a crook or anything to worry about, but he's obviously not in a hurry to get all this stuff done and processed.

Also, I can still purchase an "S" ticket for the Sunday, 29th show.   I'm not gonna go.   But if you want it, speak now or forever hold your peace.  That pre-sale reservation expires in a little over 24 hours.

1 hour ago, estrangedtwat said:

Also, I can still purchase an "S" ticket for the Sunday, 29th show.   I'm not gonna go.   But if you want it, speak now or forever hold your peace.  That pre-sale reservation expires in a little over 24 hours.

How much was that S ticket?

7 hours ago, serendipity said:

bryan adams 21 jan in kuala lumpur is a perfect one for me. but that's just wayyyy too much to spend on concerts this year. i wld like to get SS ticket for 29 during general sales to maximize the chance for 'don't cry'. plus im going queen in singapore (sep) and rockaway fest in kuala lumpur (nov)

Well going to Kuala Lumpur will be pretty expensive for me, so well Bryan Adams can be done some other time.

1 hour ago, estrangedtwat said:

It was exactly like I said it would be.  Put my confirmation number into the screen, it prints a little ticket.  Take the ticket to the cashier, he takes my money, and he hands me my receipt and voucher.  The voucher is generated instantly.

If Alan is telling you it takes 1-3 days, that's just him doing things on his own time.  I don't think he's a crook or anything to worry about, but he's obviously not in a hurry to get all this stuff done and processed.

He said in 1 to 3 days he will just send a screen shot of the confirmation/voucher and he will send the voucher via email on 5th JAN. 

Whereas you and other people who are in Japan got the Voucher immediately. 

7 hours ago, Redbird3192 said:

Thanks for waiting, I've given JR East a call about booking Shinkansen tickets to Osaka from Tokyo. The Shinkansen tickets CANNOT be booked online, and can only be purchased at a train station when you are in Japan.

The Shinkansen stops at Shin-Osaka and from there you transfer onto a local line to Osaka. That is the usual route, you can check hyperdia.com for times and costs etc. but you will have to purchase the ticket at one of the train stations. Probably Ueno, where you're arriving right? 

Thanks for finding info for me, I really appreciate it.

Yeah I will be staying near Ueno station, so I will most prob. buy it from there. 

1 hour ago, serendipity said:

I got an email from alan saying that my ticket is confirmed and he provided a screenshot of the transaction.

Same here

does anyone knows where is the sequence number written? Or it will be in the main ticket?

i assume we will have a mich better sequence number than the people who will buy in general sale

On 9/1/2016 at 9:01 PM, estrangedtwat said:

Just checked the start times....6:00PM on Saturday, 5:00PM on Sunday.   I think we'll be fine.   I remember Axl coming on a bit late at Tokyo Dome, but not nearly as bad as "Axl time" and the crowd was getting restless.  They take punctuality pretty seriously here.

With those start times you'll have plenty of time (a few hours) to catch the trains afterward. Those start times are par for the course in Japan.

5 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

Sequence number is on the real ticket.  No idea how that's gonna be determined.  

Sequence numbers are normally issued in the order they were purchased. Promoters do that to encourage fans to buy tickets sooner rather than later. Come the evening of the show, ticket holders normally line up behind a sign by sequence number (all tickets 001-100 in group one, etc.) Promoters/bands do this to discourage people from standing in line outside the venue for hours on end hoping to be first ones in. Bands want them standing in line (first come, first serve) to buy merchandise instead.

Edited by SteveAJones

Which I will definitely be doing.  Hope they have lithographs for Japan like they did the US.   I live about 25 minutes away on the Utsunomiya line, so I'm hoping I can coerce one of my friends who owes me a favor to come to the Arena with me.   Then I'll send them home with all the merch I wanna get and don't have to carry anything into the venue. 

At the Zepp Tokyo show I bought the towel and t-shirt, and I kinda shoved em down the front of my pants during the show.  Can't shove a lithograph down my pants.

39 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Sequence numbers are normally issued in the order they were purchased. Promoters do that to encourage fans to buy tickets sooner rather than later. Come the evening of the show, ticket holders normally line up behind a sign by sequence number (all tickets 001-100 in group one, etc.) Promoters/bands do this to discourage people from standing in line outside the venue for hours on end hoping to be first ones in. Bands want them standing in line (first come, first serve) to buy merchandise instead.

This is quite a good thing. I wouldnt want to queue crazy long hours during winter

Edited by serendipity

13 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Which I will definitely be doing.  Hope they have lithographs for Japan like they did the US.   I live about 25 minutes away on the Utsunomiya line, so I'm hoping I can coerce one of my friends who owes me a favor to come to the Arena with me.   Then I'll send them home with all the merch I wanna get and don't have to carry anything into the venue. 

At the Zepp Tokyo show I bought the towel and t-shirt, and I kinda shoved em down the front of my pants during the show.  Can't shove a lithograph down my pants.

If they do lithos would you grab me one if i pay you? Itd be a huge pain in the ass and youd get nothing in return

At least im honest