Official Japan Tour Announced

Maybe.  I will also be honest.  If it's not a hard to get item that sells out instantly, if there's no "one per customer" limit, you're willing to pay the cost and shipping....then yes.

Japanese people LOOOOOOVE merch though...I've seen stuff sell out hours before the show even starts in the past.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

At the Zepp Tokyo show I bought the towel and t-shirt, and I kinda shoved em down the front of my pants during the show.

I didn't get them on the way in and both were long gone after. Haven't seen one on ebay since then (and I've been looking).

Edited by SteveAJones

20 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

Maybe.  I will also be honest.  If it's not a hard to get item that sells out instantly, if there's no "one per customer" limit, you're willing to pay the cost and shipping....then yes.

Japanese people LOOOOOOVE merch though...I've seen stuff sell out hours before the show even starts in the past.

Thanks man!

Do you like X Japan by any chance? 

22 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Not really.

I used to watch their final farewell live show with Hide on DVD when I was drinking over at my Japanese buddy's place.

They would play "Forever Love" and we'd both start crying when they hug onstage, cause the alcohol makes us all maudlin and pussified.

Lol! Id have liked to see them in Japan

2 hours ago, serendipity said:

@Slash787 you are so right. I just had the time to look at the tour setlist and yes, dont cry is almost always only on the second night. arrghhhh

I really love don't cry. When im paying so much then i really deserve to hear don't cry. 

• Like 1

Yeah me too. Ive been listening to that every night since the announcement of the japan tour. Now i must get ticket for the second night during general sales. Out of the 5 two-night shows in a city, dont cry was played 4 times on the second night. Only once they played both days. 

I thought first night is a better choice since they would have more energy:(

• 2 weeks later...

Most people just take the shinkansen (bullet train) but I guess it all  depends on what's cheaper.

The flight might be shorter, but a lot of standing around and waiting in airports and stuff?

Maybe take the train just cause it's a more unique experience?    Price might be around the same.  I don't know cause I've never actually gone to Osaka.  I think the train is only like an hour or two.   A flight would be really short but there's the hassle of airport shit.

4 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Most people just take the shinkansen (bullet train) but I guess it all  depends on what's cheaper.

The flight might be shorter, but a lot of standing around and waiting in airports and stuff?

Maybe take the train just cause it's a more unique experience?    Price might be around the same.  I don't know cause I've never actually gone to Osaka.  I think the train is only like an hour or two.   A flight would be really short but there's the hassle of airport shit.

True, but I am saving up to $100 when I'm taking the flight. 

I know I will waste around to 2 to 3 hours only in commuting and waiting at the airport, but maybe I can do that.

Another thing I wanted to ask is there a lot of people in the Metro in the morning? 

The flight is at 9am, so I assume I should leave my hotel at around 6am ? 

3 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Yes, the Metro will be crowded as shit from about 7 to 9 in the morning.

Dang....

Another thing I wanted to ask you, when I buy the tickets from the machine, for how long are they valid until I use them?

For example when I go to see GNR, can I buy the ticket for the return before cause otherwise there will be a lot of people buying the ticket after the show ends. 

not sure about tickets...there's an expiration on them.  Maybe a few hours?

I'd recommend either a Suica or Pasmo card.   You can get them at any train station.   It's basically a train ticket debit card.  So put like 20 bucks on it and you can just swipe it at the ticket gate and don't need to bother with a ticket.   But that's just for local trains.   So for example, after the show in Saitama, you can just swipe this for your return trip to Tokyo or wherever you're staying.

The shinkansen however requires an actual ticket purchased in advance.

not sure about tickets...there's an expiration on them.  Maybe a few hours?

I'd recommend either a Suica or Pasmo card.   You can get them at any train station.   It's basically a train ticket debit card.  So put like 20 bucks on it and you can just swipe it at the ticket gate and don't need to bother with a ticket.   But that's just for local trains.   So for example, after the show in Saitama, you can just swipe this for your return trip to Tokyo or wherever you're staying.

The shinkansen however requires an actual ticket purchased in advance.

I will be staying near Ueno station and will be mostly going to Tokyo station cause my tours start from there and for just one day I will go to Saitama for the show, so that card will work on those lines and to the lines for the airport?

Yeah I know for the Shinkansen one needs to purchase it separately, but I guess I will take the flight to Osaka as I will be saving $100 to $150 on it. 

Yeah, when you leave Narita and get to the trainlines (entrance to JR line is in the airport) just buy a Suica card and charge it up.  If you want to take the local trains that is.

From Narita to Ueno, I'd recommend the Skyliner though.   That's another one where you buy a separate ticket.

Then when you get to Ueno, get the Suica and charge it up for all your local travel, such as Ueno to Saitama Shintoshin for the concert.

Yeah, when you leave Narita and get to the trainlines (entrance to JR line is in the airport) just buy a Suica card and charge it up.  If you want to take the local trains that is.

From Narita to Ueno, I'd recommend the Skyliner though.   That's another one where you buy a separate ticket.

Then when you get to Ueno, get the Suica and charge it up for all your local travel, such as Ueno to Saitama Shintoshin for the concert.

Thanks for the info man.

Yeah from Narita I will take the skyliner to Ueno. But my flight to Osaka is from Haneda, so will this suica card work to Haneda airport? From ueno station I will have to change a line at Hammatscho station and take the monorail to the Haneda Airport, so it works on the monorail too?

Yeah, the Suica card should work on all local trains in Tokyo.

Thanks for the help again man.

Sorry for asking so many questions, but any idea how much will be the return fare or Single fare from Ueno Station to Tokyo station?

or from Ueno station to the station near the Saitama Arena? I just want to have a general idea. 

Ueno to Tokyo is really close...that's no more than 15 minutes on the yamanote line.   I wanna say about 250 yen at the most.

Ueno to the Saitama Super Arena is gonna be around an hour or so...maybe in the neighborhood of 1000 yen?

For local fares and times, this site should answer most of your questions, all in English:

http://world.jorudan.co.jp/norikae/cgi-bin/engkeyin.cgi

1 minute ago, estrangedtwat said:

Ueno to Tokyo is really close...that's no more than 15 minutes on the yamanote line.   I wanna say about 250 yen at the most.

Ueno to the Saitama Super Arena is gonna be around an hour or so...maybe in the neighborhood of 1000 yen?

For local fares and times, this site should answer most of your questions, all in English:

http://world.jorudan.co.jp/norikae/cgi-bin/engkeyin.cgi

Thanks again man