2006 Axl was better then 90's Axl (2006 Appreciation Thread)

30 minutes ago, marunic said:

2016 axl is overrated to hell, he cant hit mid range songs at all, go listen to sweet child, paradise city or better from NITL.

i love axl but let it go 2006 axl is the best post 2000 axl youll get

I am not only referring to voice. I am talking about everything else as well. 2016 Axl is the closest he has been to his old self. Still far away, but the closest.

None of this matters anyway because 2016 is the only year that matters. It is the only year we have to compare to the 90's as far as I am concerned. It is the first time he has performed with GNR since the 90's. I couldn't care less what he sounded like with his solo band. We'll see how he does in South America and next year.

25 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

I am not only referring to voice. I am talking about everything else as well. 2016 Axl is the closest he has been to his old self. Still far away, but the closest.

None of this matters anyway because 2016 is the only year that matters. It is the only year we have to compare to the 90's as far as I am concerned. It is the first time he has performed with GNR since the 90's. I couldn't care less what he sounded like with his solo band. We'll see how he does in South America and next year.

yes he was in great shape in 06 and was more 90s then, running around and being alive, now hes meh and struggles on mid range

Edited by marunic

22 minutes ago, Riddick Bowe said:

hes voice was good but he lacked energy in the performances. Fare from hes heyday in the 90s

Agreed his 06 performances didn't involve a ton of running. He seemed more inclined to focus on his presence and vocals. I'd like to have seen him undo that ponytail of dreads and just go running from side to side with his hair loose haha it would have looked awesome IMO 

but he had his moments like @ :47 here 

and 1:06:00 here. That out Ta get me was incredible

Edited by IncitingChaos