Guitar World: SLASH & IZZY STRADLIN

1 hour ago, maxpax said:

Izzy was very important for the melodies and made the complex songs easier for the listeners. Perfect dude for studio. Im not convinced of Izzy as a live player since he is clean. And the truth is that Izzy and Slash had no hit songs together since 1991...Izzy didn't use his chance to join Velvet Revolver as well...

I'm sure Izzy would do just fine live. He believes he could. The problem is Axl Slash and Duff aka JUST AXL probably feels he's too flaky and can't be depended on. Also, Fortus was already there. In axls mind, he probably felt that they didn't need to deal Izzy back into the partnership and it would be easier to just have him guest. And Izzy clearly wants back in full time. It's a shame they disagree on that, in my opinion Izzy should be dealt back in with an extent of responsibility. If he blows it, he's out.

its the best scenario for both sides really 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sousadias said:

Izzy's guitar is clearly audible on this show: 

Have watched 14 Years so far and if you know how a guitar works you'll see the strumming pattern Izzy is doing is simply unlistenable. If it was, the song would sound entirely different. But I'll watch the others to see if you're right in any of the others.

Edited by maynard

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

Yeah but by technicality, it's a band called Guns N' Roses. That was the point being proven. And regardless of whether you can see it or not, it doesn't bury your point. 

I would still say that ultimately, It is axls call and has the final say. He's the owner of a sports franchise. As much as people hate sports analogies with music, this isn't any old band. It's Guns N' Roses. Aka a beast of its own.

And off the record, they're playing 6 songs from Chinese democracy. No one other solo material, not velvet revolver even. So even though Tom and slash787 and some others want to see the picture differently, it is what it is. Axl isn't a control freak, probably never was really, and it's clear he's allowing everyone else to have a say as long as he gets the final sign off. 

No, you clearly said GNR was always Axl's band. And that is simply incorrect.

Most of your other points are just your assumption because we still don't know who's running the band.

The argument with the CD songs doesn't count since they're playing a lot of covers in their gigs.

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

I'm sure Izzy would do just fine live. He believes he could. The problem is Axl Slash and Duff aka JUST AXL probably feels he's too flaky and can't be depended on. Also, Fortus was already there. In axls mind, he probably felt that they didn't need to deal Izzy back into the partnership and it would be easier to just have him guest. And Izzy clearly wants back in full time. It's a shame they disagree on that, in my opinion Izzy should be dealt back in with an extent of responsibility. If he blows it, he's out.

its the best scenario for both sides really 

Izzy 2016 is the same passive as slash and Duff. Dudes are just doing their job and do not interact with the audience or other band members too much. So Izzy would fit perfectly with them, but gilby did a perfect job during UYI. I would prefer him for this current tour...his interaction is perfect. Just take a look at his Argentina gig. 

Edited by maxpax

Why would anyone choose Gilby over Fortus? I don't get the fascination with bringing people from the UYI era just because, it's not like the shows haven't been great without them, plus I honestly enjoy this combo more than I did that one when watching the overall performances.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

Nope, I'm from Spain so english is hardly my first language but still I think you stated clearly that Izzy was the most untalented member of the AFD guys.

Yeah but what about the other part? The albums released without him, you made that up for what reason?

And who do you think is more untalented than him from the AFD era? I'd say Adler and Duff are on the same level but are better live musicians. Axl and Slash are superior musicians. What do you think?

7 minutes ago, maynard said:

And who do you think is more untalented than him from the AFD era? I'd say Adler and Duff are on the same level but are better live musicians. Axl and Slash are superior musicians. What do you think?

:facepalm::facepalm:

Sweet baby jesus please send fire already. I'm begging you.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, maynard said:

Have watched 14 Years so far and if you know how a guitar works you'll see the strumming pattern Izzy is doing is simply unlistenable. If it was, the song would sound entirely different. But I'll watch the others to see if you're right in any of the others.

03:01, Izzy have a more full-bodied sound than the other three.

You can hear Izzy's guitar on Used to Love Her, he do a toggle switch effect on 01:52.

7 hours ago, maynard said:

Yeah but what about the other part? The albums released without him, you made that up for what reason?

The other part is just the fact that, after "the most untalented" (according to you) left the band they didn't release any decent album, not even a single song, but a cover one. So it's really highly unlikely that Izzy was the most untalented when his departure had such a big impact. AFD and GnR were the perfect combination of 5 incredibly talented parts and no band after that has even come close, but even Duff himself has been quoted saying that Izzy was the main force of the band when it came to songwriting. 

And about Izzy's songs, seriously? He has quite a lot of great songs by himself but also a lot of considered big GnR songs are credited as being written by him or with a remarkable contribution: Patience, Brownstone, You could be mine, 14 years...

10 hours ago, maynard said:

I'd say Slash would have had nothing to shred on if Izzy hadn't written over half the GNR catalogue :facepalm:

Please go away.

• Like 2

All of the guys from GNR make pretty shitty solo albums.

I'm not that much of a fan of them, but in all honesty I have to say that Izzy's albums are the best, and the most reminiscent of classic GNR than any of the other guys- even Velvet Revolver!

I love Duff in GNR, but his solo output/Loaded is putrid...you'd have to have brain damage to enjoy that schlock.

Chinese Democracy had the luxury of many years in the making, a huge budget and "all star" cast so I'm sort of not figuring it into this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DR DOOM said:

All of the guys from GNR make pretty shitty solo albums.

I'm not that much of a fan of them, but in all honesty I have to say that Izzy's albums are the best, and the most reminiscent of classic GNR than any of the other guys- even Velvet Revolver!

I love Duff in GNR, but his solo output/Loaded is putrid...you'd have to have brain damage to enjoy that schlock.

Chinese Democracy had the luxury of many years in the making, a huge budget and "all star" cast so I'm sort of not figuring it into this.

uhm. no!

All of Slash solo stuff from 5o clock till WOF was great, maybe WOF not so much, but Snakepits, Slash and VR were great.

Loaded was decent.

Gilby stuff also very decent.

N Outsiders fantastic. IMO

Loaded is pretty Blah, I only liked 2 songs of how many every albums Duff released. 

Adlers Appetite and Adler have put better songs than Loaded. 

Slash's solo albums are good, I don't like every song of the albums, but the guitar work is amazing.

Izzy's albums are great too, he is an amazing song writer, again I don't like every song if it, but its pretty cool. 

Gilby also has put out some decent songs.

Axl's solo album, I don't even know what to say, It had great potential, but he messed it up, but I do like some songs of them. 

VR stuff was just ok, liked a few songs, but never became a hardcore fan. 

All of them are 5 stars in their own way, but when they come together, they become 7 star. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

I'd say Slash would have had nothing to shred on if Izzy hadn't written over half the GNR catalogue :facepalm:

Please go away.

Izzy wrote half of the GNR catalogue? And they were all great genius work since the beginning? They were 100% done and all Slash had to do was shred over them? 100% Izzy creations? Cool, now show me the classic Izzy solo songs all the world loves since he's so great by himself.

• Like 3