Guitar World: SLASH & IZZY STRADLIN

On 11. oktober 2016 at 8:29 PM, maynard said:

You're the one saying Izzy wrote this, somebody else wrote that, like you were there.

AFD is clearly a collaboration between them. Izzy didn't write those songs alone and even if he did they probably sound 100% better after the other guys' input.

Izzy's solo songs show he has no intention or ability to do anything beside basic rock progressions with simple structures, simple solos, vocal lines, very basic stuff, completely different from the GNR dynamic, amazing solo sections, amazing vocals, etc. I hear similar songs from the local bands in the place where I live.

If you like this kind of music, fine. I think musicians who do the same thing their whole life are very limited and in some cases, untalented.

The more I think about it, the more I realize Izzy is not really THAT good. Slash and Duff had VR which was very good. Axl has 2 or 3 solo songs that show at least ambition. Adler still plays the drums like a pro. Izzy writes the same stuff over and over again and looks clueless on stage. So I think he's the one with the biggest decline since AFD. From Nightrain and YCMB to "Take it Easy" or whatever, it's a huge quality drop.

Man, you are a joke

I put this over in the musicians section but i realise many of you probably don't go there and it's pretty related to this topic,also you don't have to play guitar to enjoy it. Two guys in the UK try to get Slash and Izzy's tone, they've done it before on a budget but this time they had no budget.

• Like 2