UK Citizenship Test

Len Cnut

Question: Is American history more common knowledge overseas than other foreign histories here?

I'm going to guess so, since a huge amount of pop culture comes from here.

And shit, one of our candidates for President couldn't name a single foreign leader. I bet most of my friends can't either.

In fact I couldn't even name the PM right now (unless its still Cameron). But I do know Nigel and Boris and those clowns. I also know Merkel from Germany. Used to know the PM and Presidents of Mexico but they're lost on me now :lol:

2 minutes ago, Dan H. said:

Question: Is American history more common knowledge overseas than other foreign histories here?

I'm going to guess so, since a huge amount of pop culture comes from here.

And shit, one of our candidates for President couldn't name a single foreign leader. I bet most of my friends can't either.

In fact I couldn't even name the PM right now (unless its still Cameron). But I do know Nigel and Boris and those clowns. I also know Merkel from Germany. Used to know the PM and Presidents of Mexico but they're lost on me now :lol:

I doubt it, some of it was pretty obscure, but I must stress, I actually studied for it back in the day.

Now, it's Brian May of Queen and James May formerly of BBC Top Gear's sister-in-law Theresa, she's our new PM.. :rolleyes:

Going to take that test now, wish me luck!

Edited by Snake-Pit

1 hour ago, Snake-Pit said:

I just got 23 out of 24 correct on the http://www.washingtontimes.com/quiz/2015/feb/11/us-citizenship-test-could-you-pass/ US Citizenship Test that I found.

Around 58% I seriously thought about emigrating but I'm not surprised because it's actually I something studied at home back in secondary school when I was a teenager with aspirations of living in America and stuff, but, that was fun, for me, that test, seeing it all go green and knowing it.. Pretty much...

It was pretty straight forward though like; What ocean's the the west, When do we celebrate Independence Day but that was also easy for me since, I knew half that stuff anyway being a little history buff myself sometimes.. Also, in 2001, I got the chance to see America's birthplace like the room it was born in as a baby and everything; where they signed the declaration of Independence... I didn't know who the current Chief Justice is but I got everything else.

uscitizenshiptestresult.png

Mixed emotions, since I'm still pretty patriotic to the Queen and the Union Jack and to Soho and The City of Westminster in general as well as London as a region and such.. :lol:

But it's all good. - I'm going to take that UK one now and complete it to the best of my ability and share whatever I get, even if I don't know who won what at the Oscars.

AMERICA.

Be warned.

Fuck your citizenship test... After the miserable onslaught of insular xenophobia that was the Conservative Party conference, does anyone fancy meeting me at Gretna Green with some shovels to help dig a trench right up the Scottish Border to Berwick-on-Tweed?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Graeme said:

Fuck your citizenship test... After the miserable onslaught of insular xenophobia that was the Conservative Party conference, does anyone fancy meeting me at Gretna Green with some shovels to help dig a trench right up the Scottish Border to Berwick-on-Tweed?

...and reunite (Bumblefoot line-up) Nugnr to play a live free festival while this trench digging stuff is happening?

7 hours ago, Graeme said:

I got this mental image of a really depressed looking Groundskeeper Willie with 8 foot of trench dug and the entire Scottish border stretching out before him, wiping his sweaty brow as no one shows up to help :lol:

http://www.turning-japanese.info/2012/12/could-you-pass-japanese-citizenship-test.html

I guessed 1 correct out of 10... Was doomed from the first question and it didn't even tell me my answers, it just said what the correct answers were and taught me about Japan and what I needed to know for their quiz @ Turning-Japanese.info and I had to remember what answers I put (like this was 1997 or 1998) and that's how I assertained I'm 1 for 10 on that one.

Edited by Snake-Pit