UK Citizenship Test

Len Cnut

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

There were a few oddities in there that I'm not necesserly going to know though such as, ''which Two British film actors have recently won Oscars?''. I've never watched the Oscars in my life and do not know any of the current actors.

How'd you get on?

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

How'd you get on?

I got that wrong because I basically do not know actors now, and I could only remember St David's Day being in March, but selected the wrong day (sorry Spunko).

Some of the questions were a bit iffy historically. William the Conqueror certainly began what became the Tower of London with the building of The White Tower, but subsequent monarchs made additions over hundreds of years. It is not as if William came along in 1066 and built the entire thing as it stands today which the question implies! Much of the Tower as you see today was built in the 12th and 13th century infact under various Plantagenet kings.

I kept on getting that fucking Northern Ireland true or false question wrong; go ahead, deport me now.

I gave up after question 6 or whatever after like 4 or 5 attempts.

I know it was Crystal Palace erected in Hyde Park though...

Edited by Snake-Pit

Just now, Dan H. said:

"When someone compliments your clothes what do you say?"

"Penneys"

Gave up after that

I went for the one that sounded Klingon and still got it wrong.

It's sort of shameful that I gave up on the UK one though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spunko12345 said:

I gave up after getting the first 2 questions wrong.

I thought Ireland was an overseas territory (northern Ireland)

And i didnt know Crystal Palace was in Hyde Park.  I though Hyde park was in the posh bit and Crystal Palace was in the shitty bit where snakes lives?

Do you even know London?

3 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

I thought Ireland was an overseas territory (northern Ireland)

Sigh. 

You know it's painful when you go to a store in England and give someone a £10 Bank of Ireland note and they look at you funny, because they have no idea what sterling is. 

• Like 1

I just got 23 out of 24 correct on the http://www.washingtontimes.com/quiz/2015/feb/11/us-citizenship-test-could-you-pass/ US Citizenship Test that I found.

Around 58% I seriously thought about emigrating but I'm not surprised because it's actually I something studied at home back in secondary school when I was a teenager with aspirations of living in America and stuff, but, that was fun, for me, that test, seeing it all go green and knowing it.. Pretty much...

It was pretty straight forward though like; What ocean's the the west, When do we celebrate Independence Day but that was also easy for me since, I knew half that stuff anyway being a little history buff myself sometimes.. Also, in 2001, I got the chance to see America's birthplace like the room it was born in as a baby and everything; where they signed the declaration of Independence... I didn't know who the current Chief Justice is but I got everything else.

uscitizenshiptestresult.png

Mixed emotions, since I'm still pretty patriotic to the Queen and the Union Jack and to Soho and The City of Westminster in general as well as London as a region and such.. :lol:

But it's all good. - I'm going to take that UK one now and complete it to the best of my ability and share whatever I get, even if I don't know who won what at the Oscars.

Edited by Snake-Pit