If That Ain't Country

Fitha_whiskey

43 minutes ago, tharbin80 said:

@Fitha_whiskey yeah it’s hard to believe we’re such good friends. Him and everyone around him are absolutely fantastic humans. However, it was weird being on the same stage that Dimebag was killed on yesterday. 

Wow. I didn't realize that man. That would be kinda eerie. Especially for the band I would think.

20 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

@tharbin80 yeah that is really different from him. Reminds me of Lyle Lovett right there- that's a departure, to say the least! I like that sound (although not a big fan of songs about Texas for the most part), so I can't wait to hear the new album. Do you know when it's gonna be out?

Not until sometime next year. Apparently he has 2 and a half records done. He’s got a couple of albums he’s produced that he wants to release first. 

Its a fun song, I’m interested to hear the rest of the album. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Terrible shooting at a music festival last night in Vegas where he was headlining. I've seen reports saying 50 people were killed. Guy just opened fire on the crowd from a nearby hotel. Awful.

12 hours ago, J Dog said:

Terrible shooting at a music festival last night in Vegas where he was headlining. I've seen reports saying 50 people were killed. Guy just opened fire on the crowd from a nearby hotel. Awful.

I know! This world is f*cked. Not sure why Jason Aldean was on my mind last night..i saw a video where he is on stage and the tat tat tat of the bullets start...just so horrifying.

I didn't know that semi-automatic, automatic, machine guns, whatever you want to call them, are legal in the states and anyone can just buy them. I thought it was just rifles and hand guns! Those are bad enough, but wtf.

37 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

@J Dog I think I remember you saying Tom Petty was your first real concert.

Yes it was. It'll always have a special place for me. I was real young so seeing a big time guy like him was just a huge event. Went with some really close friends, not just some friends but some friends till I die type of people. I can see it right now, when he played Don't Come Around Here No More, he put on the big mad hatter top hat like he wore in the video. And he did a really cool version of Gloria where he adlibbed a bunch of lyrics, I can't remember them but one went along the lines of, he needs a haircut and his clothes smell like reefer :lol: It was a great show. One of the best shows I've ever been to and I've been to quite a few.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

@J Dog I heard that on my ride home today. Had a whole different feel now that they’re both gone.

I know what you mean.

Quick story about that song and it's much better when Tom told it...

So Tom sings backup on Cash's version. When they went to record it he was going to meet Cash and Rubin at Cash's home studio, which was apparently in a little cabin in the woods behind his house. So Tom gets there and Rubin is doing something somewhere else. So Tom is just sitting in this cabin in the woods, it's nighttime, it's dark, he's by himself, and there's a thunderstorm going on. And after awhile he's like, all of sudden the door flies open, and there's this big figure of man, wearing all black, trench coat, pants tucked in his boots, rain pouring off him, thunder and lightning behind him. Tom said for a split second he was scared to death :lol:

20 minutes ago, J Dog said:

I know what you mean.

Quick story about that song and it's much better when Tom told it...

So Tom sings backup on Cash's version. When they went to record it he was going to meet Cash and Rubin at Cash's home studio, which was apparently in a little cabin in the woods behind his house. So Tom gets there and Rubin is doing something somewhere else. So Tom is just sitting in this cabin in the woods, it's nighttime, it's dark, he's by himself, and there's a thunderstorm going on. And after awhile he's like, all of sudden the door flies open, and there's this big figure of man, wearing all black, trench coat, pants tucked in his boots, rain pouring off him, thunder and lightning behind him. Tom said for a split second he was scared to death :lol:

Haha- that sounds pretty goddamn awesome right there. Man in Black coming for ya...

6 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

September and October have been so beautiful here I feel like I can finally post a summer song! :lol: Sing it Gord!

Dang it's finally starting to feel like fall is in the air down here. Still some hot days though. And who the heck is Gord ?!