If That Ain't Country

Fitha_whiskey

6 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I am always amazed when I hear a song by one of the legends that I haven't heard before. It happened today with this one for me...

That's a good one. I know what you mean, I tend to think I've heard every Cash Willie Possum Hag Waylon etc...it's always cool to here one those songs you missed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J Dog said:

That's a good one. I know what you mean, I tend to think I've heard every Cash Willie Possum Hag Waylon etc...it's always cool to here one those songs you missed.

Yeah those guys have about a million tunes. Sometimes I'll hear one on Sirius like I did this one. Usually I'm 9 sheets to the wind and fall way the fuck down a YouTube rabbit hole and find stuff though too... :lol:

2 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Never heard Mike's version before. Pretty bad ass. You can hear his country influence on so many of Social D's songs- that's part of why I like them so much... 

Same here, the punk influence is there obviously, but they always had a country influence too, not as in your face as the punk side, but it's there on a bunch of their stuff.

Pretty cool kinda countrified version Ball & Chain...

Edited by J Dog

22 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I really like this tune a lot... 

@tharbin80 How was the Shooter show you went to last night? Looked like a good time. Did he play this one?

It was a fantastic two nights of hanging out and great music. Yeah he played Outsider, it’s a setlist mainstay. He added a Hank Jr cover too, and I caught it on FB live. 

@tharbin80 yeah I saw this morning that you were at back to back shows. You must've had a great time! Hanging out backstage before and after shows, writing up the setlist- damn man! That's wild that you're such good friends. 👍 And yeah, I love that song the Pressure is On! Waylon knew that was the truth! :lol: