If That Ain't Country

Fitha_whiskey

14 minutes ago, J Dog said:

This guy restored my fuckin' faith in American Country music.  He's probably, as far as my limited experience goes, the most perfect amalgamation of being true to the original sound of the shit I listened to without watering it down but having a personality and character of his own.  Kinda like i was saying to you in that PM that i don't wanna listen to a Moonless Who, it's a similar thing where i didn't wanna listen to a Hank Williams progeny, for the simple fact that Hank was/is a fucking titan to me, i really give that guy like...the highest respect, didn't think he could be respectably followed...but i was wrong.  Not that he's as good as but...he's a worthy link in the chain...and thats the highest respect I can give an artist.  I certainly don't think the same of any of the guys following Bob Marley, the Ziggys and Damians etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

This guy restored my fuckin' faith in American Country music.  He's probably, as far as my limited experience goes, the most perfect amalgamation of being true to the original sound of the shit I listened to without watering it down but having a personality and character of his own.  Kinda like i was saying to you in that PM that i don't wanna listen to a Moonless Who, it's a similar thing where i didn't wanna listen to a Hank Williams progeny, for the simple fact that Hank was/is a fucking titan to me, i really give that guy like...the highest respect, didn't think he could be respectably followed...but i was wrong.  Not that he's as good as but...he's a worthy link in the chain...and thats the highest respect I can give an artist.  I certainly don't think the same of any of the guys following Bob Marley, the Ziggys and Damians etc.

Yeah he's the real deal, a genuine link in the chain. Shooter up there has some of that other stuff in him like the Marley's. That's why I told you skip Hank III's debut, Nashville really wanted that, gimmicky, Hank Sr impersonator over modern radio music, they gave his first album that sound. I'll give him that too, after what he called a hard look in the mirror he really fought to be his own man and make his own music.

Listen to the music on this one, he's not trying to sound classic, he just knows exactly how it needs to sound, without trying to make it hot. Great musical ability too. Him and his band know it almost too good. A lot of their stuff musically is straight up great.

You'd like that album. From the Lovesick Broke and Driftin era. Some songs from that album, some Sr covers, and some unreleased ones like Sun Comes Up.

9 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I don't know why, but this song makes me think of slow dancing in the kitchen with the one you love. @Fitha_whiskey, go grab your "ol lady" as you like to call her, :P and have a dance! 

That is a great one @Whiskey Rose! Love that tune. Makes me think of something other than dancing in the kitchen though- hey oh!!! ;)

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Something about country music makes me think of nothing but drinking :lol:  Bar envoirnments and drinking.

And cleaning. I've found by coming to this thread and listening to these songs that ive mostly never heard, i'll be sipping my wine and madly dashing around scrubbing away. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Something about country music makes me think of nothing but drinking :lol:  Bar envoirnments and drinking.

Me too man. That's why 99% of the shit I post in here is about drinkin, on Saturday nights when I'm shitfaced. But I grew up with it, and in the rural area of upstate NY where I grew up, all the bars were full of older crusty motherfuckers who would just skip your song if you played anything on the jukebox besides old school country. Blues & country are just fuckin made for an all day drinkin session...

Just now, Whiskey Rose said:

And cleaning. I've found by coming to this thread and listening to these songs that ive mostly never heard, i'll be sipping my wine and madly dashing around scrubbing away. :lol:

It has a kinda drunken pace to it too...just nice and slow and mellow.  Gram Parsons is wonderful like that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Probably healthy, you're kitchen shenanigans sounded decidedly unhygienic :lol: (in my mind this post was done in an Alan Partridge voice :lol: )

Not to worry, i have a fantastic disinfectant! :lol:  But i was just about to post a sad face...no more tunes? Maybe another Hank Williams? please. I don't know what the good ones are. And my floor needs mopped... :lol:

2 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Not to worry, i have a fantastic disinfectant! :lol:  But i was just about to post a sad face...no more tunes? Maybe another Hank Williams? please. I don't know what the good ones are. And my floor needs mopped... :lol:

Thank you J

There you go dearie!

25 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Country and drinkin go together like hip hop and smoking the chronic my friend.

• Like 1