Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

On 5/6/2017 at 7:24 AM, Cold Jen Time said:

Apparently I can't figure out how to respond to multiple things at once and not double post. SOS!  Sorry.

Re: the Steven interview I def need to watch bc a Twitter pal also sent it to me and said "do you think he's on coke?" :o(I'm currently in my bed pretending to be asleep so my kiddo doesn't demand I get up and make breakfast :wacko: ... so can't watch now). There was also a FB post last night  of him was rehearsing and he looks just super tired and worn down. Eeeeeek. Hope he's ok. 

Gah. Let's face it- whether that's cocaine or just Adler adlering that's 90% of the reason he isn't touring with them in even half capacity. His 'unreliable' is not Izzy's 'unreliable.' And Adler would do it for free.  

10 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

From the makers of "Patience is not an Izzy song" now comes "Is Axl who sings DTJ on the record". I can't with this forum. Axl was probably the first man on the moon too. :facepalm:

That cartoon is so accurate is actually scary. :lol:

i was saying the same thing yesterday with this article... if you wanna cry, read it... it seems this was made just to piss me off http://clrvynt.com/trim-the-fat-guns-n-roses-use-your-illusion-i-and-ii/

Yes!  I watched Steven live on IG.  The first song was WTTJ and he sounded off.  I was like "oh shit"...but then he seemed to get on track with SCOM.  And then I saw Eddie Trunk's post and was so happy - he sounded great.  Yay!  <side note: @Darkenchantress I tried to quote your Trunk video but I dunno why I couldn't -- stupid phone>.

Also, @Kris_1989 - you win the internet today.  Braaaaa-vo on that gif!

Edited by Cold Jen Time
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Izzyarg said:

i was saying the same thing yesterday with this article... if you wanna cry, read it... it seems this was made just to piss me off http://clrvynt.com/trim-the-fat-guns-n-roses-use-your-illusion-i-and-ii/

As much as I don't agree with that list, I have to say it is well written. Also, the author spotted the songs weak points wisely, I can admit that. 

Sorry. :P

5 hours ago, Izzyarg said:

Did Izzy steal his gf or something? I'm sorry I stopped taking him seriously when he left out Dust n' bones. :facepalm:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

As much as I don't agree with that list, I have to say it is well written. Also, the author spotted the songs weak points wisely, I can admit that. 

Sorry. :P

i agree about some things like don't cry alt lyrics and my world.. i think they weren't necessary, but it has plenty of mistakes ( like who wrote each song) , and he only likes the catchy songs ... even he prefer to leave a cover instead a song by the band.. and i don't think is an article to publish, cause as i said, every band has a record when you can find the "radio songs" and those are called greatest hits... i mean i'm sure if every true GNR fan had to choose the best songs,  we all choose different ones and in different order, but i'm sure we wouldn't choose only the classics  :D  the rest of the critics has to do with my personal taste in each song , and everyone's are valid 

1 minute ago, Izzyarg said:

i agree about some things like don't cry alt lyrics and my world.. i think they weren't necessary, but it has plenty of mistakes ( like who wrote each song) , and he only likes the catchy songs ... even he prefer to leave a cover instead a song by the band.. and i don't think is an article to publish, cause as i said, every band has a record when you can find the "radio songs" and those are called greatest hits... i mean i'm sure if every true GNR fan had to choose the best songs,  we all choose different ones and in different order, but i'm sure we wouldn't choose only the classics  :D  the rest of the critics has to do with my personal taste in each song , and everyone's are valid 

I agree with you in general and especially on Don't Cry alt lyrics :facepalm: But still I enjoyed reading the article and I do agree with the too much-ness of most of the UYI songs. I like even Estranged (when I'm in the mood) but did find some witty seeds in this totally exeggerated article that is not a to-be-taken-serious music review to begin with. Don't be offended by me please.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Did Izzy steal his gf or something? I'm sorry I stopped taking him seriously when he left out Dust n' bones. :facepalm:

While he doesn't care about Dust n' Bones it's obvious that he consideres it to be "Izzy" song....maybe  that style is just not his cup of tea...

8 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I agree with you in general and especially on Don't Cry alt lyrics :facepalm: But still I enjoyed reading the article and I do agree with the too much-ness of most of the UYI songs. I like even Estranged (when I'm in the mood) but did find some witty seeds in this totally exeggerated article that is not a to-be-taken-serious music review to begin with. Don't be offended by me please.

haha don't worry one of the things that i like most of the Gang is that we can say our opinion without taking anything personal :D ( anything but talking bad about the One who sees all, our greatest one a.k.a Izzy S. )  :wow:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Izzyarg said:

haha don't worry one of the things that i like most of the Gang is that we can say our opinion without taking anything personal :D ( anything but talking bad about the One who sees all, our greatest one a.k.a Izzy S. )  :wow:

I only talk bad about Izzy in the women's thread. ;)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

While he doesn't care about Dust n' Bones it's obvious that he consideres it to be "Izzy" song....maybe  that style is just not his cup of tea...

Yeah but... November Rain, Estranged, Coma... are not my cup of tea either but I wouldn't leave them out of UYI's, for example. But I'll give him the credit for considering DnB an Izzy song, phew, someone I won't have to argue with. :P

Edited by Darkenchantress
  • Like 1

On 8.5.2017 at 9:47 AM, Darkenchantress said:

Yeah but... November Rain, Estranged, Coma... are not my cup of tea either but I wouldn't leave them out of UYI's, for example. But I'll give him the credit for considering DnB an Izzy song, phew, someone I won't have to argue with. :P

I prefer Don't Cry over November Rain. And for me-  the best version of Don't cry is this:

I'ts simple, rough around the edges and genuinely emotional.   I'm   "less is more" type .... like Lord of the avocados...

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

I prefer Don't Cry over November Rain. And for me-  the best version of Don't cry is this:

I'ts simple, rough around the edges and genuinely emotional.   I'm   "less is more" type .... like Lord of the avocados...

Simply beautiful. :heart: