Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

I don't think that Slash's Snakepit was part of the Slaxl-Drama. But we'd have to ask @killuridols or @Frey, they know everything.

Well, Axl better be ok and make sure Slash still feels creatively challenged in GNR, otherwise he's gone. That means for the ginger: write new music. I'm not sure whether this is going to happen. But if they're not writing new music, GNR will come to an end. That's my feeling. The tour will stop somehow after the next USA / South America leg. Without new music there's no need to tour more.

Who knows..... apparently Axl was mad that Slash wanted to build a career outside of GN'R and according to Slash, Axl accussed him of using material that "belonged" to GN'R, to make his first Snakepit album. :shrugs:

Axl should have known better... he can't tie a wild soul like Slash to a post and make him wait decades until he decides to release music. Slash is the total opposite of Axl so I hope Axl learned his lesson and understands the damage he's done to his career by being this way.

Nowadays, things are different so I doubt there's room for Axl to demand anything from Slash other than comminment to the current projects. If there is a GN'R album in the making, I doubt Slash will be waiting another decade to release it. He will want it done pretty soon so he can move on to the next thing.

And yes, it was said that there's an album with Myles Kennedy waiting to be released or promoted (not sure, I dont follow) and I dont think Slash will take sabbatic year after this tour. Dont know either when this tour will be over but probably not much longer than half of 2018?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Who knows..... apparently Axl was mad that Slash wanted to build a career outside of GN'R and according to Slash, Axl accussed him of using material that "belonged" to GN'R, to make his first Snakepit album. :shrugs:

Axl should have known better... he can't tie a wild soul like Slash to a post and make him wait decades until he decides to release music. Slash is the total opposite of Axl so I hope Axl learned his lesson and understands the damage he's done to his career by being this way.

Nowadays, things are different so I doubt there's room for Axl to demand anything from Slash other than comminment to the current projects. If there is a GN'R album in the making, I doubt Slash will be waiting another decade to release it. He will want it done pretty soon so he can move on to the next thing.

And yes, it was said that there's an album with Myles Kennedy waiting to be released or promoted (not sure, I dont follow) and I dont think Slash will take sabbatic year after this tour. Dont know either when this tour will be over but probably not much longer than half of 2018?

Yeah, I don't think they can milk it for much longer with these ticket prices.  I mean, I know bands like Def Leppard and Poison stick around and do tour after tour, but to me, they're just kinda super fun bands to see and they don't charge exhorbitant amnts for tickets.  GNR is a little more intense. :headbang:Plus those other bands actually have all mostly original members (besides Steve Clark from DL who passed - but Vivian C has been with them forever now ... and I guess Phil Collen replaced that Pete Willis guy but that was in like 1982).

And honestly, I don't think Duff, Axl, or Slash have any real interest in making any new music together.  I think I mentioned several days ago that I'M not even really interested in a new album either.  

Edited by Cold Jen Time

4 minutes ago, Cold Jen Time said:

Yeah, I don't think they can milk it for much longer with these ticket prices.  I mean, I know bands like Def Leppard and Poison stick around and do tour after tour, but to me, they're just kinda super fun bands to see and they don't charge exhorbitant amnts for tickets.  Plus they actually have all mostly original members (besides Steve Clark from DL who passed - but Vivian C has been with them forever now ... and I guess Phil Collen replaced that Pete Willis guy but that was in like 1982).

And honestly, I don't think Duff, Axl, or Slash have any real interest in making any new music together.  I think I mentioned several days ago that I'M not even really interested in a new album either.  

This teaming up with The Who is not working already... it's an outrageous price in a market of people who struggle to make a living. They are not selling very well.... Last year, at this point, the tickets for a spot in front of stage were already gone and sold out. This year there are thousands available yet.

Def Leppard and Poison are shit bands, lol... I'd never go see that but good for them if they have managed to stick around and tour after tour :shrugs:... Guns N' Roses is stale and once the spark is gone, they will have to wait a couple years before they can jump on a new nostalgia tour.

I do have an interest in new music and that's the only thing that will keep me following the band after they are over with NITL, but I dont know if THEY wanna do it. Slash, Duff and Izzy fans can be happy because those guys will keep making music and playing forever. Axl.....?? I have serious doubts.

30 minutes ago, killuridols said:

This teaming up with The Who is not working already... it's an outrageous price in a market of people who struggle to make a living. They are not selling very well.... Last year, at this point, the tickets for a spot in front of stage were already gone and sold out. This year there are thousands available yet.

What is your rough estimate: 

How big percentage of the people attending these concerts now are fans (who would buy a ticket to another show, or several shows) and how big part are casual listeners (who know the biggest hits etc, but would be less likely to buy a ticket to another show? )

3 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

What is your rough estimate: 

How big percentage of the people attending these concerts now are fans (who would buy a ticket to another show, or several shows) and how big part are casual listeners (who know the biggest hits etc, but would be less likely to buy a ticket to another show? )

I assume that most people attending the shows are casuals but in this case with The Who and the show in Buenos Aires, you have to be a die-hard to now pay the double of what it costed 7 months ago and having to put up with a band that you don't like, without any chance of skipping it :shrugs:

Not sure it's gonna be a sold out show but its gonna be until the last minute that they will be promoting and selling tickets, because it is going veeery slow...

Another thing to take into consideration is if they are playing secondary markets or the same places than last year. I think in the USA they are hitting new towns, so it is possible that the shows are a success again, since a lot of people have not seen them yet.

In the case of South America, you have a massive festival like Rock In Rio in which they cannot fail when it comes to attendance. Then there is the Sao Paulo festival with The Who, Aerosmith, Alice Cooper... maybe that factor helps in the sales. In the case of Chile, they were selling "packages" of double tickets with discounts so you can go see GN'R + The Who - Deff Leppard + Aerosmith. I've been informed those packages sold well but now there are the normal tickets left and they are going pretty slow. Also being offered with discount.

In Argentina, it was the worst! There was a huge confusion with the prices first and then with the beginning of sales. Everything was posponed like 2 or 3 weeks after it was announced and they have not sold out the VIP tickets yet. I don't think they will because people are really upset because of the prices, the location of stadium and the date of the show. But all in all, I think at some point they will have to lower the prices if they want to fill the stadium. I don't know. I still don't have a ticket for any show in South America since I've been trying to find a way where I don't fucking lose so much money. I saw them twice last year and I want to go again, but just because I'm spoiled. But I'm really not losing my sleep on that. I will push it 'til the end.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

@MillionsOfSpiders & @downliner then @BorderlineCrazy and then me... I think?

Oh and @marlingrl03 is going to one of the Texas shows I think.

I think you're going before me. I'm going in October, isn't your show in July or August?

--------------------------------------------------------

Axl was partially right about the Snakepit thing IMO. There's no reason why he should like EVERY song Slash brought but they could have worked on those he did like. I totally understand Slash's frustration about the band going nowhere and him needing to get out and tour again but I think he could have handled things better. I think their communication was terrible at that point and they were both acting like kids instead of working things out in a "mature" way.

I agree with those who don't think Axl will have a problem with Slash doing his own thing. This time things are different, Axl knows Slash had an album pretty much ready to record prior to the reunion and he expressed his desire to do something with Angus as well (and Slash has been extremely supportive of the AC/DC thing).

I'm really looking forward to SMKC getting back together next year. Want new music from Slash, love the shows in way smaller places, miss hearing the rest of Slash's catalogue and Frank really makes me miss Brent every day :lol:

17 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I still don't have a ticket for any show in South America since I've been trying to find a way where I don't fucking lose so much money. I saw them twice last year and I want to go again, but just because I'm spoiled. But I'm really not losing my sleep on that. I will push it 'til the end.

I envy you. I couldn't help but buy the ticket as soon as possible. I once promised myself I would never miss a Slash show in Buenos Aires... it's become quite an expenssive promise to keep :cry:

• Like 1

Just now, BorderlineCrazy said:

I think you're going before me. I'm going in October, isn't your show in July or August?

Nope, the end of November - The Forum show. So I'm the last one to see them I guess. :lol:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I envy you. I couldn't help but buy the ticket as soon as possible. I once promised myself I would never miss a Slash show in Buenos Aires... it's become quite an expenssive promise to keep :cry:

LOL... well... what can I say?? I'm sure they will lower the prices or people will start selling their tickets, haha. There's always someone who sells it last minute and sometimes half the price because they can't get rid of it :P

I have to decide on what to do in the next few weeks. I've been playing with my options so I don't wanna say anything but I think I will see them again. But if it doesn't happen I will not feel bad because I already conquered a lot last year when it comes to the show, the spot I got and other extra adventures.

Soon I'll communite my decision :ph34r:
(lol, like anyone cares :lol:)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Nope, the end of November - The Forum show. So I'm the last one to see them I guess. :lol:

Oh, there's a long way to go still. You must be so anxious :P

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

LOL... well... what can I say?? I'm sure they will lower the prices or people will start selling their tickets, haha. There's always someone who sells it last minute and sometimes half the price because they can't get rid of it :P

I have to decide on what to do in the next few weeks. I've been playing with my options so I don't wanna say anything but I think I will see them again. But if it doesn't happen I will not feel bad because I already conquered a lot last year when it comes to the show, the spot I got and other extra adventures.

Soon I'll communite my decision :ph34r:
(lol, like anyone cares :lol:)

Well, I'll be paying attention. I'm intrigued now! Especially about the extra adventures :lol:

I enjoyed the show the other day but I won't pay again to see this same line up. So, it's Izzy and Adler or no more GnR shows for me.

About the Slash/MKC, well, Slash is a workaholic, he needs to be constantly creating things so he probably has his plans for when this tour is over or on a hiatus and I don't think Axl cares honestly. They probably have a contract just about the tour and this is not the 90's anymore. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Well, I'll be paying attention. I'm intrigued now! Especially about the extra adventures :lol:

And more extra adventures to come!!  :smiley-confused2:

53 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Axl might care. He needs time to prepare security to protect his ass. :P

:ph34r: I have developed new strategies to hack security of any protected ass.

Toiletts are not protected yet, right? :ph34r:

43 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

If it is not gotten bitten off somewhere in Europe before, that is. :takethat:

Have you?

As far as I know you've got your chance but you failed :max:

Ass eaters left are not as sharp as I am. I will reign!

:devilshades:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, killuridols said:

Def Leppard and Poison are shit bands, lol... I'd never go see that but good for them if they have managed to stick around and tour after tour :shrugs:... Guns N' Roses is stale and once the spark is gone, they will have to wait a couple years before they can jump on a new nostalgia tour.

I do have an interest in new music and that's the only thing that will keep me following the band after they are over with NITL, but I dont know if THEY wanna do it. Slash, Duff and Izzy fans can be happy because those guys will keep making music and playing forever. Axl.....?? I have serious doubts.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH DEF LEPPARD?!?! WHY DOES EVERYONE ON HERE HATE DEF LEPPARD?!?!

giphy.gif

:P