Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

31 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I have on down the road and juju hounds on CD but Like a Dog is my favorite. When I was a little kid I had the juju hounds on cassette too but it fell apart or got lost at some point.

I lost a lot of cassettes a couple years ago during a reform at my parents house. :no:

24 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

I had Appetite on cassette, I stole it from my brother and then lost it. 

:lol::lol::lol:

I just see they removed my comment on the bouquet thread (I just said "this is so lame i can't even" :facepalm:). So i guess now I'm on the Holy trinity black list together with Steven and Izzy. :hahafyou:

67076403.jpg

Edited by Darkenchantress

5 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

I just see they removed my comment on the bouquet thread (I just said "this is so lame i can't even" :facepalm:). So i guess now I'm on the Holy trinity black list together with Steven and Izzy. :hahafyou:

67076403.jpg

Guess that means no "Not in this lifetime" flowers for you then! :P

I used to have boxes and boxes of cassettes but most of them were stolen when we moved one year. :( When I was 7 or 8 my mom dated a guy that owned a local record store so he used to bring tapes home all the time. That's how I found Izzy's music in the first place. At some point she broke up with the guy but kept the tapes. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Guess that means no "Not in this lifetime" flowers for you then! :P

I used to have boxes and boxes of cassettes but most of them were stolen when we moved one year. :( When I was 7 or 8 my mom dated a guy that owned a local record store so he used to bring tapes home all the time. That's how I found Izzy's music in the first place. At some point she broke up with the guy but kept the tapes. :lol:

Your mom had her priorities straight I see. :lol:

Forum:

Guns-N-Roses-Valentines-Day-Flowers.png?

Me:

adicta-al-maquillaje-24.gif

:lol:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

67076403.jpg

WTF. Why? It's the truth. The bouquet was lame. 

**Goes back to my corner to see this comment removed too** 

:smiley-confused2:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

I think I now have everything Izzy has put out there, legally, of course. :lol: 

But you know, Stradlin,  if you ever decide to do a cover of, let say, Allman Brothers "Melissa" playing from your living room I'd fucking pay for it. :awesomeface:

me too

• Like 1

Ok, my favs are Juju Hounds, River and Concrete. And Fire. Still digging through his whole stuff. And I love Baby Rann. :headbang:

And now I'm officially the worst fan ever, and probably one of the newest: I have'nt bought nothing yet and listen to spotify. Sorry Stradlin. :awesomeface: Will do as soon as I make some new loot, promise.

I had Appetite on cassette too, still when I listen to it on CD, when it gets to My Michelle I consider it the other half, the R side. 

Had the Illusions on tape too, UYI2 got chewed up by my car radio and I could've honestly done what Slash does to his car in the Don't Cry video! 

I saw AFD on vinyl in a supermarket the other day, It was next to an old Iron Maiden album and The Smiths, but still :vomit:

I wanted to buy them all up but I don't have a record player any more. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

Thanks for posting the podcast. The interviewer called her out for putting 'how I lost my son to Guns N Roses' on the cover, instead of addiction. Which she absolutely tried to fob him off at first with "he didn't do hard stuff before he was in GnR" so he said he'd ask Adler when he got there, to which he admitted that he did do and it was was put on the cover by the publishers at the last minute to sell the book, nothing to do with them. :shrugs:

Ill listen to the Axl blame in a bit.

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

I'm not sure I'm ready for more drama from this fandom. :lol:

Thanks dear!

Same. I'm not ready for more "Steven has brain damage, he doesn't understand people, he's doesn't know what he's saying". :facepalm:

Mean and cruel people.

Edited by Jane M.
  • Like 2

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Warning for people going to listen to the podcast. The interviewer is a total bellend!!  :facepalm:

Told you!!! :vomit:

10 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Same. I'm not ready for more "Steven has brain damage, he doesn't understand people, he's doesn't know what he's saying". :facepalm:

Mean and cruel people.

There should be some sort of a rule on the forum that nobody is allowed to diagnose band members. Calling them brain damaged, stupid or worse is pretty mean especially when we know for sure some of the guys read here frequently. If you don't like Steven just stop reading posts about him, ya know? It's not that hard.

Also, sorry for my MIA post earlier. I went to edit a typo and accidentally deleted the whole thing. :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

Told you!!! :vomit:

There should be some sort of a rule on the forum that nobody is allowed to diagnose band members. Calling them brain damaged, stupid or worse is pretty mean especially when we know for sure some of the guys read here frequently. If you don't like Steven just stop reading posts about him, ya know? It's not that hard.

Also, sorry for my MIA post earlier. I went to edit a typo and accidentally deleted the whole thing. :lol:

I was thinking the same.

Some rules for decency. But, to be completely honest. There hase been some Axl-diagnosis, which I enjoyed. Meain, I found them very insightful and enlightening. Also, because we have so many interviews, videos etc with Axl that it seems somewhat easier to think about what makes him tick. What I mean is: With a general rule, lots of really intelligent und interesting discussions in this forum would not have been possible. Rule's are difficult... :shrugs:

Edited by Tori72

5 hours ago, Jane M. said:

Mean and cruel people.

Yeah. I hate to read comments of people judging lightly like they know everything about him. The stigma of being a drug addict in the past might be even worse than the actual physical/mental consequences he got from it.

Follow me on this one:

So I shot out a rare tweet this morning:

And I've received 10 LIKES so far (thank you!) but the official Twitter notification line only shows me a TOTAL OF 9 USERS that 'liked' it.

So...who is the MYSTERY user that LIKED my tweet?  Could it be?!

According to Twitter: "1 user has asked not to be shown in this view."

WEIRD

13 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

Follow me on this one:

So I shot out a rare tweet this morning:

And I've received 10 LIKES so far (thank you!) but the official Twitter notification line only shows me a TOTAL OF 9 USERS that 'liked' it.

So...who is the MYSTERY user that LIKED my tweet?  Could it be?!

According to Twitter: "1 user has asked not to be shown in this view."

WEIRD

It's Axl :shrugs:

• Like 1

Izzy did not rehearse because he didn't agree to the amount of $$$ offered from the beginning for the shows promoted by AEG and for the Mexico City dates.  

From Eddie Money, I took it from the Steven interview thread.

So in that Brazilian interview, when Axl said "you never know with Izzy, you think he's doing something and then he does something different" and made people think that Izzy was on board at some point and then bailed, he was lying? 

Any opinions?

Honestly? I give much more credibility to this version of him not being involved from the beginning. It was clear that what Axl said on that interview wasn't true since it enraged Izzy so much to actually get him out his cave and tweet what we all know already as "the loot incident" (that fucking perfect tweet, always in our hearts). Seems obvious to me, and I don't know the man at all, that he wanted a real AFD reunion with all of them being equal but that clearly crashes with Axl's plans. Some things never change and I'm happy that Izzy is standing his ground, even if it means not having him up there. :shrugs:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Honestly? I give much more credibility to this version of him not being involved from the beginning. It was clear that what Axl said on that interview wasn't true since it enraged Izzy so much to actually get him out his cave and tweet what we all know already as "the loot incident" (that fucking perfect tweet, always in our hearts). Seems obvious to me, and I don't know the man at all, that he wanted a real AFD reunion with all of them being equal but that clearly crashes with Axl's plans. Some things never change and I'm happy that Izzy is standing his ground, even if it means not having him up there. :shrugs:

I always believed Izzy, I'm just surprised, even though I shouldn't, at how this band keeps pulling the same bullshit of the past . There was nothing wrong in saying "Izzy is not involved". So why not being honest? 

Ansolutely nothing has changed and as always it's just a matter of time until the truth starts coming out from different places.

• Like 2