How long is this 'No Interview' policy gonna last?

15 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Slash was the one who decided not to be part of the brazilian interview, though. I know he never liked doing interviews but he knew he had to so maybe when Axl said "hey, we're not doing interviews" he was like "fuck yeah!" :lol:

Slash likes doing interviews. It's not his call though, like it or not 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2017 at 0:06 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

pretty much!

OT: are you guys ok there? heard there was flooding!

Ok where I live in the foothills. I haven't heard of anything too bad. But it has been raining pretty much non-stop which is a welcome sight considering the drought we've been in for most the past 5-6 years.

• Like 2

Just now, thunderram said:

Ok where I live in the foothills. I haven't heard of anything too bad. But it has been raining pretty much non-stop which is a welcome sight considering the drought we've been in for most the past 5-6 years.

that's good! i remember when i lived in Citrus Heights and it was so bad people were rafting down the street right down from where i lived!

• Like 1

What would be the upside? As others pointed out, the tour has done incredibly well without any traditional interviews. The few interviews done (China Exchange and the "Izzy is Izzy" interview) provided enough little tidbits and fodder to keep the band and tour in the news. If the band engaged in numerous interviews, all that would happen is one of the "big three" would say something that would piss of the others. Most likely, that would mean Slash saying something that pissed Axl off. Why put a good thing in unnecessary danger? Axl says one off-the cuff comment about Izzy, and Izzy starts a shitstorm on Twitter a few hours later (not saying that Izzy did not deserve to air his side of the events, but it certainly showcased why the band has probably dodged in-depth interviews). 

Edited by themadcaplaughs

I really wou

5 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

What would be the upside? As others pointed out, the tour has done incredibly well without any traditional interviews. The few interviews done (China Exchange and the "Izzy is Izzy" interview) provided enough little tidbits and fodder to keep the band and tour in the news. If the band engaged in numerous interviews, all that would happen is one of the "big three" would say something that would piss of the others. Most likely, that would mean Slash saying something that pissed Axl off. Why put a good thing in unnecessary danger? Axl says one off-the cuff comment about Izzy, and Izzy starts a shitstorm on Twitter a few hours later (not saying that Izzy did not deserve to air his side of the events, but it certainly showcased why the band has probably dodged in-depth interviews). 

I really wouldn't expect that to happen, they are all older now and more mature, not in their mid twenties anymore, and as we all know (or at least those of us who are old enough), you change a lot within a good 20 years.

On 1/9/2017 at 6:03 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

that's good! i remember when i lived in Citrus Heights and it was so bad people were rafting down the street right down from where i lived!

I'm guessing that was around 1996? I remember it was so bad that President Clinton actually visited Roseville just to survey the damage. I think 2005/6 had some flooding, but, aside from that, we haven't had too much problem.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thunderram said:

I'm guessing that was around 1996? I remember it was so bad that President Clinton actually visited Roseville just to survey the damage. I think 2005/6 had some flooding, but, aside from that, we haven't had too much problem.

yep! we flooded here in Reno but since we are on a mountain we were ok...it was just getting through the flooded streets surrounding me that was tricky. glad you're ok :)

8 hours ago, donny said:

here's how the interview will go

interviewer "do you guys plan on recording any new material ?"

axl "not in this lifetime"

ha!