2016/17 National Football League (NFL) PLAYOFFS

Zurimor

42 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I moved back home last year and it looks like we are going to the Super Bowl...pretty cool. :lol:

the Falcons have a good team so no matter who wins the AFC game I will be rooting for the birds of prey............Ryan gets my vote for MVP no matter who wins the SB...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

the Falcons have a good team so no matter who wins the AFC game I will be rooting for the birds of prey............Ryan gets my vote for MVP no matter who wins the SB...

I hate that my dad died last year so he can't see it. Used to watch football with him when I was a kid, he was a high school football coach before I was born. They sucked when I was growing up but we used to go to the games anyway. :P:P:P

This is too funny..earlier today during the Falcons game, they mentioned that one of the players was a pro bowler (of course we all know that means someone who is picked to play in the Pro Bowl).  My 86 year old mom says I don't see how he can play both sports...I looked at her going wtf??? She thought it meant he was a Professional Bowler too :rofl-lol:

5 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

It's all a semantics game but I disagree. Not only was Rodgers comparable in stats, he had less to work with. 

Without him, the Packers don't come close to the playoffs. 

Ryan will win it, however. 

Ryan was simply more effective this year, his yards per attempt and completion percentage were significantly better than Rodgers while he only had 2 less passing TD's. Yeah he has more to work with, but MVP is about the guy who puts up the best numbers on the best team, unless they do something freakish like AP in 2012. Ryan is a deserving MVP. Tom Brady on the other hand, would not have been.

Playoff stats under QB's A and B

A:

In wins: Offense scores 29.83 points per game while the defense gives up 17.58 points per game.
In losses: Offense scores 17.77 points per game while the defense gives up 26.44 points per game.
Record? 24-9, 4 Super Bowl titles (6 appearances) - can possibly add 1 to each in 2 weeks

B:

In wins: Offense scores 30.88 points per game while the defense gives up 18.77 points per game.
In losses: Offense scores 25.57 points per game while the defense gives up 35.42(!) points per game.
Record? 9-7, 1 Super Bowl titles (1 appearance)

Psst Ted - get some decent defensive players and stop relying on undrafted FA's for starters/depth, please! 

Edit: Just to beat the Falcons the Packers would've had to score touchdowns on 7(!) of their 9 drives. 

Edited by Crazyman

2 hours ago, Crazyman said:

Playoff stats under QB's A and B

A:

In wins: Offense scores 29.83 points per game while the defense gives up 17.58 points per game.
In losses: Offense scores 17.77 points per game while the defense gives up 26.44 points per game.
Record? 24-9, 4 Super Bowl titles (6 appearances) - can possibly add 1 to each in 2 weeks

B:

In wins: Offense scores 30.88 points per game while the defense gives up 18.77 points per game.
In losses: Offense scores 25.57 points per game while the defense gives up 35.42(!) points per game.
Record? 9-7, 1 Super Bowl titles (1 appearance)

Psst Ted - get some decent defensive players and stop relying on undrafted FA's for starters/depth, please! 

Edit: Just to beat the Falcons the Packers would've had to score touchdowns on 7(!) of their 9 drives. 

We need several CB's that can cover and an OLB who can actually rush the passer....DJones has been bust, Peppers is done, Matthews is on the wrong side of 30 and is starting to get nicked up, and Perry is  FA who I am guessing they will make a priority to sign.......Wonder if Ted dips into the FA pool this year for some Defensive help......... 

On the Offensive side we have 2 OL going UFA, need to resign Cook and either resign Lacy or draft on mid rounds........

23 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

We need several CB's that can cover and an OLB who can actually rush the passer....DJones has been bust, Peppers is done, Matthews is on the wrong side of 30 and is starting to get nicked up, and Perry is  FA who I am guessing they will make a priority to sign.......Wonder if Ted dips into the FA pool this year for some Defensive help......... 

On the Offensive side we have 2 OL going UFA, need to resign Cook and either resign Lacy or draft on mid rounds........

I'll be honest - I haven't followed college football nearly as much as I have in the past, so I'm not entirely sure what type of draft we're looking at this year. That being said, I'd personally look to draft these positions somewhat in order:

1st - CB
2nd - OLB (or double-dip CB's again)
3rd - DL (edge rusher)/HB
4th - HB/DL (edge)
5th - TE
6th - WR
7th - (probably 5th round at this point with comp picks) - OG/OT
8th - same as above
9th - project QB

My FA signings would look like this:

Sign - Lang (hopefully we get a discount, otherwise let him walk and move OG up on the draft list), Lacy (1 year cheap deal, otherwise let him walk), Cook (2 yr/6-8 mil hopefully), Perry (please don't kill our cap), Tretter (basically hinges on Lang, I think)

Let them walk/cut - Peppers (even if he chooses not to retire), Shields (obvious), Hyde (probably wants too much), Jones (bust), Starks (sucks), Michael (eh)

Hopefully guys like Kenny Clark (who I think will), Rollins/Randall (at least one), and Martinez/Ryan (again, at least one) makes a big improvement next year.

Also hopefully Ted breaks his trend and signs an edge rusher or CB (or any playmaker on defense, at all) in FA

Edited by Crazyman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...