Saw these on eBay rip off

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day, just offhandedly, whilst i was on Jimi Hendrixes website browsing for a good t shirt and i was like 'why are shirts so massively overpriced now?' and the response i got was quite interesting, though I'm not sure how accurate.  Apparently these things aren't really marketed to fans of the music, i.e. your common average working class person who happens to be a fan of said artist because your common average working class person isn't really a fan of that kind of music anymore, it is now more marketed towards middle class hipsters with a fair bit of cash and they are the target audience for this stuff, more money in it.  Dunno how true that is.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day, just offhandedly, whilst i was on Jimi Hendrixes website browsing for a good t shirt and i was like 'why are shirts so massively overpriced now?' and the response i got was quite interesting, though I'm not sure how accurate.  Apparently these things aren't really marketed to fans of the music, i.e. your common average working class person who happens to be a fan of said artist because your common average working class person isn't really a fan of that kind of music anymore, it is now more marketed towards middle class hipsters with a fair bit of cash and they are the target audience for this stuff, more money in it.  Dunno how true that is.

Yeah. It's true. That's why H&M and other big brands sell Guns N Roses, Iron Maiden, Metallica, AC/DC etc shirts.

It's fucking ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, The Cosmic Ted said:

Yeah. It's true. That's why H&M and other big brands sell Guns N Roses, Iron Maiden, Metallica, AC/DC etc shirts.

It's fucking ridiculous. 

If it is true its not so much anyones fault so much as a sign that times have just changed.

6 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

there is a "test" i did fow a while some years ago when everyone seemed to have a ramones t-shirt

when i saw anyone on the street wearing a ramones t-shirt id ask said person who they like better: johnny or dee dee

i fond out that it is very likely that said person wearing ramones songs has no idea about who is dee dee

which proves your friend's point

===

oh, and when you find someone who actually knows dee dee, its always fun to have a conversation about how much dee dee rocks

(not having a dee dee/ramones song is likely the biggest flaw of spaghetti, he was the izzy stradlin of ramones before izzy stradlin even existed!)

52 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

there is a "test" i did fow a while some years ago when everyone seemed to have a ramones t-shirt

when i saw anyone on the street wearing a ramones t-shirt id ask said person who they like better: johnny or dee dee

i fond out that it is very likely that said person wearing ramones songs has no idea about who is dee dee

which proves your friend's point

===

oh, and when you find someone who actually knows dee dee, its always fun to have a conversation about how much dee dee rocks

(not having a dee dee/ramones song is likely the biggest flaw of spaghetti, he was the izzy stradlin of ramones before izzy stradlin even existed!)

If someone asked me I'd say i didnt know just to get on their tits :lol: