GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

9 hours ago, purplestargirl said:

I know which IG account you're talking about because I read those comments too. I actually never saw what the big deal was because it happened in the past and she is with Duff now and that's all that matters.

Yeah I agree.

9 hours ago, killuridols said:

What is embarrassing is the way some grown ass female fans are stalking and being aggressive towards Susan and Meegan, just because they are the current partners.

I mean, you cannot dictate on someone's life and you shouldn't obsess whom they've chosen to have a relationship with. :rolleyes:

Well hello to the real world where creepy fans exist!

Besides, it's not a one way street. Celebs and their fans feed off of each other. Celebs love to be admired, fans love to admire them. So the minute you start actively sharing private stuff on internet is when you open yourself not only for admiration but for criticism as well. 

Edited by Inbox

43 minutes ago, Inbox said:

Besides, it's not a one way street. Celebs and their fans feed off of each other. Celebs love to be admired, fans love to admire them. So the minute you start actively sharing private stuff on internet is when you open yourself not only for admiration but for criticism as well. 

Harassing their girlfriend/spouse, following their every move, harassing their kids and going to their homes is not criticism or admiration. It's stalking and unacceptable behavior. Nobody deserves that regardless of what their "celebrity" status is. The only reason why these people are getting away with it now is because the current laws are behind the times. If any of this behavior was done offline and in person they'd be arrested and prosecuted.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Inbox said:

Criticism that is negative and only meant to destroy people's lives or feelings has to be stopped and should be exposed for the piece of shit that it is. Not celebrated, not promoted and not excused like you're doing.

I applaud the celebs that have the guts to lecture their so-called fans and other idiots who think they are entitled to insult or say nasty things about them.

The other day, Lorde couldn't sing on the MTV's VMA's due to having the flu, so she decided to dance her performance. On her IG account, one fan told her how disappointed they were about this and a few comments later, Lorde addressed the comment with a thoughtful message about what being an artist means to her. It was fantastic and this comes from a very young girl. As expected, the hater got embarrassed, freaked out and immediately changed her tune, apologizing and praising her. Same way that person who criticized Axl did with Beta.

7 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

Harassing their girlfriend/spouse, following their every move, harassing their kids and going to their homes is not criticism or admiration. It's stalking and unacceptable behavior. Nobody deserves that regardless of what their "celebrity" status is. The only reason why these people are getting away with it now is because the current laws are behind the times. If any of this behavior was done offline and in person they'd be arrested and prosecuted.

Spot on!

And it doesn't even have to be as bad as stalking. Writing nasty things to people is bad, the same way it would be rude to tell someone on their face that they are fat, ugly, or have an annoying voice. What's the point on saying such things?

I saw this happening the day I was watching Meegan's stream, people being so mean and rude to her and she is reading all that... At some point she said "why you guys have to be so rude?" and turned off the thing for some minutes.... The comments about her voice are already annoying and boring... Like she could do anything about it... But why are people there only to be nasty to her it is out of my understanding. Just don't be! Go watch something else.

There was also someone very stupid asking people why do we pay money to see that band of geriatric men and another one asking "who is this band" :facepalm:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I saw this happening the day I was watching Meegan's stream, people being so mean and rude to her and she is reading all that... At some point she said "why you guys have to be so rude?" and turned off the thing for some minutes.... The comments about her voice are already annoying and boring... Like she could do anything about it... But why are people there only to be nasty to her it is out of my understanding. Just don't be! Go watch something else.

I was appalled by this...She in no way, shape or form have to do this...she choose to do it, some people were very, very rude...I was wondering why so nasty? and I truly believe that same people who do that, are the ones that when something like this happen to them, whine and whine about it.

49 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I was appalled by this...She in no way, shape or form have to do this...she choose to do it, some people were very, very rude...I was wondering why so nasty? and I truly believe that same people who do that, are the ones that when something like this happen to them, whine and whine about it.

Yeah. I became enraged from seeing this done by one of those "famous" fans that are always front row and chasing band members for pictures. The disappointment from realizing or seeing the true colors of people who I thought were fans of the whole band, not just one member and how they play nice in public but they are snakes when no one sees them (or think they are not being watched).

Really, one doesn't have to be after the musicians or crazy or antifeminist or whatever to find this or other person irritating and not likable, at least at the shallow level of Internet or instagram interaction. It's more than obvious that certain people we see on the media, wheather journalists, musicians, actors, politicians, men, women, wives, husbands, whoever, gain our sympathy from the first glance and others to the contrary. It can be a completely wrong impression that would get verified within 5 minutes in real life but It's just how it is. To add some crazy ideology to it is simply stupid.

Of course, going as far as leaving rude comments under this person's posts, not to mention threats or stalking of any kind is already sick and much beyond acceptable but that is a different story.

And as for the right of the families to privacy - well, to be honest, neither Susan nor Meegan act as if they wanted to stay private but rather they seem to want that limelight on themselves and their children as well. Otherwise why would they be so active in the media? After all, they could refrain from posting anything if that was what they wanted. But it seems they want to be celebrities as well and gain something from it either for themselves or their offspring. Not saying there's something wrong with that but certainly it has its downside too and surely they're aware. It's not like Axl or Slash or Duff are only getting positive reactions from people, either. Negative comments just go with the territory of being popular and they consciously chose to make themselves popular. So I'd say dramatizing over their poor fate is much of an exaggeration, except for the creepy behaviors verging on illegal that should be taken care of by proper services, regardless of who they concern.

1 hour ago, Asia said:

To add some crazy ideology to it is simply stupid.

What's the ideology? You make no sense.

1 hour ago, Asia said:

Negative comments just go with the territory of being popular and they consciously chose to make themselves popular. So I'd say dramatizing over their poor fate is much of an exaggeration, except for the creepy behaviors verging on illegal that should be taken care of by proper services, regardless of who they concern.

That's a wrong conception some people have because that's what they've been doing behind closed doors their whole life. Now it is different because you're just not commenting with a friend or in front of the tv about someone else who can't hear you.

The people you talk these things about now can read you and hear you say the negative comments. Twitter, Instagram, etc. are not phantom places. Many celebrities DO READ the comments and do react to them. Or have started to react against them, because no one can tolerate for much longer being insulted or given negative comments without even flinching.

It looks to me like there's a tendency in general among celebrities to shut down the haters and lecture them. This is not dramatizing but finding an opportunity to raise awareness on how bad it is to do what people are doing. If you're gonna wait for the law or justice to take care of it, it just won't happen.

21 hours ago, killuridols said:

Well I partially agree with that..... Because celebs are humans too and they have a right to defend themselves, even from whacky fans on the Internet or whatever.

Wouldnt you defend yourself if random people who know jack shit about you were talking bad stuff about you or your family, freely just because they can?

No, I wouldn't defend myself.  This is partly because I wouldn't care about the opinions of random people, partly because if I were a celebrity I wouldn't personalise my social media (strictly business, promoting and marketing) and partly because I'm conflict averse.  I'm intensely private and avoid conflict at all costs so these qualities are why I would never be a celebrity! :lol:   I could never put myself out there in the way you have to, to become a celebrity/actor/musician/whatever. 

That said, I agree that people don't a have right to harass a celebrity just because they are a celebrity.   In the case of a performer or entertainer, they don't sign up for that, harassment is not part of the job, nor should it be.  

It's funny because one of the things that amazed me about Axl (RS interview) was when he gave his reasons for dealing with badly behaved fans and the interviewer was like, you shouldn't give them the time of day and why should you deal with those cretins?  And Axl was like, why shouldn't I?  That kind of thinking is so alien to me - I could never deal with people the way Axl does/did, I don't have what it takes! lol

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

5 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

No, I wouldn't defend myself.  This is partly because I wouldn't care about the opinions of random people, partly because if I were a celebrity I wouldn't personalise my social media (strictly business, promoting and marketing) and partly because I'm conflict averse.  I'm intensely private and avoid conflict at all costs so these qualities are why I would never be a celebrity! :lol:   I could never put myself out there in the way you have to, to become a celebrity/actor/musician/whatever. 

Ok, then if you think you don't have what it takes to be a celebrity, it is a bit strange that you're advising them to stay mute about the comments. You don't know what is like to be criticized or escrutinized every minute of your life, hence, you really dont know how you'd react to it.

Another thing.... you seem to reduce it all to the private life of people but listen, I work in marketing/social media and celebrities are not the only ones who receive terrible comments. For example, companies that have a social media presence receive a lot of criticism and complains from the clients, users and competitors.

You say you wouldn't personalise your social media, but you dont know that even your work, your product and your business can be subject of Internet trolls, so I don't think that ignoring the comments is the solution. Actually, it is not and there's a lot of bibliography on the matter.

11 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

It's funny because one of the things that amazed me about Axl (RS interview) was when he gave his reasons for dealing with badly behaved fans and the interviewer was like, you shouldn't give them the time of day and why should you deal with those cretins?  And Axl was like, why shouldn't I?  That kind of thinking is so alien to me - I could never deal with people the way Axl does/did, I don't have what it takes! lol

Yeah. I think it is different in this case, because what Axl did was very dangerous and also inappropiate. If he's hired a security service to do the job, it is stupid that he's start doing the job of security guys and if he thinks they are not doing it right, he should call them out after the show.

By taking it on his own hands is what has caused riots, cancelled shows and people injured. So in that case, his logic is wrong.

26 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Ok, then if you think you don't have what it takes to be a celebrity, it is a bit strange that you're advising them to stay mute about the comments. You don't know what is like to be criticized or escrutinized every minute of your life, hence, you really dont know how you'd react to it.

Another thing.... you seem to reduce it all to the private life of people but listen, I work in marketing/social media and celebrities are not the only ones who receive terrible comments. For example, companies that have a social media presence receive a lot of criticism and complains from the clients, users and competitors.

You say you wouldn't personalise your social media, but you dont know that even your work, your product and your business can be subject of Internet trolls, so I don't think that ignoring the comments is the solution. Actually, it is not and there's a lot of bibliography on the matter.

You're right, I don't know what's it like, nor do I understand.  Lot of things I don't understand in life! :lol: 

The reason I'd 'advise' (using that word very loosely here for argument's sake - I don't claim to want to advise anyone) to ignore online harassment is because that's what I'd do.  Normally, in most day to day matters I can see things from different perspectives but when it comes to this sort of thing, I can't really see it from anyone's POV but my own.  I wouldn't give the cretins the time of day and that's that.  I don't understand why they do.  To me, it just fuels the fire. 

I don't know, I suppose ignoring trolls is not the solution, even if it's my solution.  JK Rowling is a master at dealing with trolls and putting them down - and then see, that's another reason I wouldn't deal with them.  I'm not witty, or caustic in my comments, I don't deliver withering put downs.  Equally, I don't rant or rave, or get angry, or hurl abuse.  I don't see that I have the tools, if you like, to deal with trolls, except for ignoring them.  If celebs do have the tools, then great.  I guess it's just something I can't relate to.

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

It's really not fair to rationalize this type of behavior with "well they're online so they get what they deserve." The entertainment industry has changed and it's pretty much impossible to get work if you don't have an online presence nowadays. You don't have a choice to not be on social media anymore.

Back when I had my channel I only had around 15k followers total (instagram+youtube) and I was receiving at least 600 comments a day on Youtube alone ripping me to shreds. I NEVER spoke about my private life on social media and I was still harassed to the point where my families home addresses were posted online and threads were being made about me on Reddit every time I uploaded. Your every move is criticized even when you aren't a celebrity and there is nothing you can do about it.

I just think unless you've gone through it, you can't possibly understand how bad and vile it can get.:shrugs:

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

That said, I agree that people don't a have right to harass a celebrity just because they are a celebrity.   In the case of a performer or entertainer, they don't sign up for that, harassment is not part of the job, nor should it be.  

The funny thing is, that if you are outstanding, people will talk shit about you, if they don`t get material, they will start to dig and puff trivia or completely make it up (small town moral is enough to taste this). The more famous you are, the more probable is that you`ll attract some really sick personalities, so being world famous band member or near one of that... That`s the thing that the outstanding person becomes a target of some people`s doubts, insecurities and their way to not to think about their (basically shitty and meaningless) life and mistakes. You can taste the bright lights but that`s the price you pay. 

11 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

It's funny because one of the things that amazed me about Axl (RS interview) was when he gave his reasons for dealing with badly behaved fans and the interviewer was like, you shouldn't give them the time of day and why should you deal with those cretins?  And Axl was like, why shouldn't I?

Dealing with it is a personality trait. I tend to be fighter, I somehow understand that, sometimes there comes a situation and you fight just to show that there`s something to fight for (I don`t give a ... if others generally think it`s worthy, for me is. Beginning, middle, end of the story). It even may be a kind of fight you do for yourself to feel that there is something worthy and you sill feel it and you didn`t become negligent asshole. Sometimes it`s fight not to win, but not to give up. And my volatility is not any near to Axl`s. When to fight and when just overcome things is an art anyway...

Edited by Alja

3 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Back when I had my channel I only had around 15k followers total (instagram+youtube) and I was receiving at least 600 comments a day on Youtube alone ripping me to shreds. I NEVER spoke about my private life on social media and I was still harassed to the point where my families home addresses were posted online and threads were being made about me on Reddit every time I uploaded. Your every move is criticized even when you aren't a celebrity and there is nothing you can do about it.

I'm sorry to hear that..that is terrible.

I guess you have to use an imaginary armour to not loose your self steem

3 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

It's really not fair to rationalize this type of behavior with "well they're online so they get what they deserve." The entertainment industry has changed and it's pretty much impossible to get work if you don't have an online presence nowadays. You don't have a choice to not be on social media anymore.

I just think unless you've gone through it, you can't possibly understand how bad and vile it can get.:shrugs:

Wow, that's horrible.  How do they get your family home address?  Just curious.  I don't go on Reddit so have no idea how that works.  The closest I ever get to even witnessing online harassment that's really vile is in the comments section on YouTube and that's bad enough!  I don't think I want to know what else is out there.  I can imagine Instagram gets pretty bad.

Just now, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Wow, that's horrible.  How do they get your family home address?  Just curious.  I don't go on Reddit so have no idea how that works.  The closest I ever get to even witnessing online harassment that's really vile is in the comments section on YouTube and that's bad enough!  I don't think I want to know what else is out there.  I can imagine Instagram gets pretty bad.

Home purchases are public record in California so it's easy to find.

23 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I wouldn't give the cretins the time of day and that's that.  I don't understand why they do.  To me, it just fuels the fire. 

There is no need to address EVERY comment that is made but if there is something that a person wants to particularly respond to, then I think it is only fair for the celebrity to want to do that.

26 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I don't know, I suppose ignoring trolls is not the solution, even if it's my solution.  JK Rowling is a master at dealing with trolls and putting them down - and then see, that's another reason I wouldn't deal with them.  I'm not witty, or caustic in my comments, I don't deliver withering put downs.  Equally, I don't rant or rave, or get angry, or hurl abuse.  I don't see that I have the tools, if you like, to deal with trolls, except for ignoring them.  If celebs do have the tools, then great.  I guess it's just something I can't relate to.

Some trolls have to be ignored, others blocked but there are people who are not exactly trolls. For example, you can get a very upset client. If you ignore them, they're gonna trash you and your brand everywhere and create a bad reputation for your company. So things have to be dealt with and there is a whole art of online custom service that aims to soothe the lions.

Usually, getting agressive is not recommended. Trolls enjoy feeling they are making the other person upset. A mix of nice but solid argumentation usually makes them back off.

24 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Me and a group of people were persecuted online by a crazy guy for our political thoughts and activism. The asshole was identified and had to remove all the fake pages he had created.

I hold dearly the legal veredict :headbang:

• GNFNR 1

On 8/31/2017 at 3:23 PM, Andy14 said:

Two new covers last night? Gotta love the band and their trolling :rofl-lol:

Honestly, I would prefer them playing their own songs even though Axl sounded great on the covers...dammit, bring back Dead Horse, Perfect Crime and So Fine :max:

What the heck!  :wow: When I take a break from GN'R suddenly Axl decided to sing a new cover :wow: Anyone can tell Me the other cover beside I feel Good? 

On 8/31/2017 at 5:20 PM, Andy14 said:

Am I seeing things or did Axl pointed at Slash during "like sugar and spice"? (around 1:30)

I love his voice here :drool:

Edit: Yeah, Axl, we all saw it coming :rolleyes:

d691kbj.gif

:rolleyes:

Does anyone know what the hell is this? :question:

20664918_871593619657843_242788931712124

The Days of Guns, & Raz's by Raz Cue

In the year of our Lord, nineteen hundred and eighty-five, a little ol’ band called Guns N’ Roses formed in Raz Cue’s living room. And thus, Cue became the band’s first manager... to be fired. With absolutely no hard feelings, Mr. Cue remained a trusted member of G N’ R’s inner circle for the remainder of the decade, allowing him to witness the iconic band tour the world’s stages as they rose to the pinnacle of rock ‘n’ roll. When the Guns N’ Roses party quit being fun for him, Cue stepped away from the swelling ranks of backstage hangers-on so that he might fully enjoy the band’s incendiary performances from a fan-in-the-audience perspective.

With good times and fun stories constantly swirling about in his mind’s eye, a few years back, Mr. Cue resolved to set the standard for which all future memoirs should be judged. Four hundred and twenty drafts later, the product of that quest emerged: The Days of Guns, and Raz’s. Far more than a Hollywood rock ‘n’ roll memoir, the book follows Cue’s drug-addled journey from feral child to moral-ish adult. His spinal injury during high school and lifetime of riding a wheelchair, while higher than the International Space Station, are thrown in to keep it all rolling along.

Mr. Cue manages to wrap up the whole shebang neatly within the changing landscapes of 1970s through 90s America, all the while showcasing his lifelong love of music and cheap thrills. With an undying admiration for hungry up-and-coming artists, Cue remained involved in the Los Angeles music scene through the mid-90s implosion of the Sunset Strip, so he wedges in a bit of name-dropping from that period, too. If you’ve longed for a caustic, satirical, blue-collar rock bio that delivers a stinging bitch slap to our current insanity-level political correctness, this one’s for you!

Axl Rose and Ole Beich, L.A. Guns at the Troubadour 1984

20770390_871606382989900_731295431084555

Same L.A. Guns Troubadour Show, Axl showing off the package!

20664631_871610156322856_107622184727440

https://www.amazon.com/Days-Guns-Razs-Raz-Cue-ebook/dp/B073YBNMTS/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Does anyone know what the hell is this? :question:

Steven Adler mentions this guy in his book as part of their circle during the Hell House days. I don't know anything else and I found out about this book just recently too through this thread: