Did Duff's brief return make you believe a reunion would happen?

About the Axl and Duff chance encounter at hotel; Sorry for no source, but I am 100% certain I saw and interview with the hotel manager/clerk who said he thought Axl and Duff were both in the band and figured theyd want to have rooms next to each other.

He was just a casual GnR fan and didn't know Duff had ever left.  It was just standard procedure to put bands in same area.  If thats true, what a miracle!

To answer OP: I was underwhelmed when Duff filled in for Tommy.  Not because of Duff,  I was just so bored and let down with that lineup that even Duff didnt help.  I do remember being a bit excited that he played CD tracks, even though of course he would in that context.  So, no it didnt get me hoping for anything.  

• Like 1

On 3.8.2017 at 6:52 PM, soon said:

About the Axl and Duff chance encounter at hotel; Sorry for no source, but I am 100% certain I saw and interview with the hotel manager/clerk who said he thought Axl and Duff were both in the band and figured theyd want to have rooms next to each other.

He was just a casual GnR fan and didn't know Duff had ever left.  It was just standard procedure to put bands in same area.  If thats true, what a miracle!

To answer OP: I was underwhelmed when Duff filled in for Tommy.  Not because of Duff,  I was just so bored and let down with that lineup that even Duff didnt help.  I do remember being a bit excited that he played CD tracks, even though of course he would in that context.  So, no it didnt get me hoping for anything.  

I sort of remember something like this as well, yeah.

But I also remember Axl saying he's not really convinced that Duff ending up in the room next to his in the same hotel is a coincidence (or miracle!), so who the hell knows :lol:

• Like 1