Donington Download

Unsure about the time slot they'll be allocated, but it will definitely be longer than 2 hours, I'd imagine. I'd highly recommend going to one of their own shows though. There's more chance of them throwing in something different if they play 3 hours, than playing for less time, trying to please a festival crowd with hits etc.

Hard to tell. 3 and a half hours is pushing it for a festival set. But then again, they played the full 3 and a half hours at Rock in Rio and also Sao Paulo Trip. I guess it really depends on the festival and whether they give them that time. Maybe it's best to ask Download directly, even though they most likely won't give an answer.

49 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

True but Pearl Jam for example never shortens their set for a festival and they play 2h30m-3h shows. Bruce Springsteen too

And yet their show isn't as long as GNR. And Springsteen doesn't really play that many festivals, now does he? With a show between 2 - 3 hours I also would count on GNR to play their full set. With 3 - 3,5 I'm not sure. I wouldn't bet on it, hoping for it though, as I also will see them at 2 Download Festivals.

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

And yet their show isn't as long as GNR. And Springsteen doesn't really play that many festivals, now does he? With a show between 2 - 3 hours I also would count on GNR to play their full set. With 3 - 3,5 I'm not sure. I wouldn't bet on it, hoping for it though, as I also will see them at 2 Download Festivals.

I saw GnR at a festival in 2012 and they did 3 hours and they were 45 minutes late. I really don't think that show length is gonna be a problem. If GnR wanna play 6 hours they'll give them 6 hours cause they are the most expensive band and the biggest draw of a festival :D

27 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

I saw GnR at a festival in 2012 and they did 3 hours and they were 45 minutes late. I really don't think that show length is gonna be a problem. If GnR wanna play 6 hours they'll give them 6 hours cause they are the most expensive band and the biggest draw of a festival :D

Yes. And there was another festival, where they were late and got cut off before finishing their set. It really depends on the festival and circumstances. They really are not gonna just give them 6 hours. The longer they play, the longer the festival has to pay for the people working there. Also if there is a strict curfew they won't care if they want to play 6 hours. But the fact that this is not fake GNR might help in the organizers allocating the time needed for a 3 and a half hour show.

Edited by PatrickS77

Im willing to bet its a full show.

Also, its only recently the shows have been 3.5 hours because of the arena run. Im willing to bet it will go back to a 3 hour show. 

Donington will get the full show, maybe others get an extra song or two but its most likely an acdc cover or a deep cut from chinese democracy if it is.

More importantly, when do day tickets go on sale?

Edited by Axl_morris

46 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Also, its only recently the shows have been 3.5 hours because of the arena run. Im willing to bet it will go back to a 3 hour show.

The last shows in Europe were almost 3.5 hours as well. The Werchter one, which was a one day festival, was the shortest I attended. I think that one was almost or around 3 hours.

Off topic: Nice to have the gender signs back. I always thought you were a guy.

35 minutes ago, Lio said:

The last shows in Europe were almost 3.5 hours as well. The Werchter one, which was a one day festival, was the shortest I attended. I think that one was almost or around 3 hours.

Off topic: Nice to have the gender signs back. I always thought you were a guy.

I am. Its just my sarcastic personality, i should really change it back.