My Interview with Arlett Vereecke (Former GNR Publicist 87-92)

23 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I dont know why but I remember Adler saying CD was crap or that it wasn't GN'R :shrugs:

In my opinion, all of this aligns with things Axl said many many years ago: that if there ever was a reunion he would only take Duff and Slash. Sorum was not welcomed anymore for being a source of contempt and that Adler had betrayed him that time they made up and he went out opening his mouth.

So Axl LOVES Steven? :lol: You say so?

Please, you dont believe your own lies.

Axl doesnt like Steven. Never did. Not that he hates him but that's not the kind of "artist" Axl wants to be involved or associated with. He thinks less of Steven (even though he's not much better when it comes to work discipline) because Steven is stuck in the 80s.

How do you explain that Steven only appeared in a couple shows, played two songs and then he stopped for the rest of the tour? Ah, the back pain? :rofl-lol:

He could have continued playing two songs in every other show after that but it didn't happen. Steven himself said Axl was already pissed off at him during the Argentina shows.

About Izzy, I think its the same old story. Izzy asked for a lot of money and Axl believes he doesn't deserve it. Just like in 1991 Axl said Izzy was basically a lazy fuck who didn't want to make one single effort to help the GN'R big machine.

Lol, I never said he loves Steven. Where did I say that? But yes, annoying when someone doesn't see things black and white. That's your prefered mo for someone you don't agree with. Try to make a fool out of them by making up stuff they supposedly said.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lio said:

Lol, I never said he loves Steven. Where did I say that? But yes, annoying when someone doesn't see things black and white. That's your prefered mo for someone you don't agree with. Try to make a fool out of them by making up stuff they supposedly said.

You said "sure, believe that it was because Axl doesn't like Steven"- DIDN'T YOU? :question:

We all know Axl doesn't like Steven, so maybe it is not the solely entire reason why he's not there, but it is part of those many reasons.

You denying this fact is what makes yourself look like a fool. Not me.

You are the Axl nutswinger who can't see any wrong in Axl's doing, that's why you are able to deny the undeniable.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, killuridols said:

You said "sure, believe that it was because Axl doesn't like Steven"- DIDN'T YOU? :question:

We all know Axl doesn't like Steven, so maybe it is not the solely entire reason why he's not there, but it is part of those many reasons.

You denying this fact is what makes yourself look like a fool. Not me.

You are the Axl nutswinger who can't see any wrong in Axl's doing, that's why you are able to deny the undeniable.

Fool and Axl nutswinger, now we've had it all, queen of the bullies. You're just upset you can't bully me into shutting up :lol:

You're always telling people they must not understand the English language. Well, now I guess it's you who doesn't understand. Not sure if it's the lack of knowledge of the language, but "sure, believe that it was because Axl doesn't like Steven" does not mean "Axl loves Steven".

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Lio said:

Fool and Axl nutswinger, now we've had it all, queen of the bullies. You're just upset you can't bully me into shutting up :lol:

Oh because you're less of a bully when you said my modus operandi  was trying to make you look like a fool. You are the one who took it to a personal level, so I responded accordingly.

Now you play victim and OUT TA GET ME, over dramatizing and talking about bullies, censorship and what not. HOW OLD ARE YOU?

Grown up people cannot be bullied.

24 minutes ago, Lio said:

You're always telling people they must not understand the English language. Well, now I guess it's you who doesn't understand. Not sure if it's the lack of knowledge of the language, but "sure, believe that it was because Axl doesn't like Steven" does not mean "Axl loves Steven".

Where did I say you don't understand English? :question:

My response "So Axl loves Steven?" is basically an irony.

Not sure if it has anything to do with understanding English or not but if you didn't pick it, oh well.... :shrugs:

11 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

This was a great listen, thanks a lot @sidman69! She shared some great stories and insights. Very entertaining. Would have loved to hear more about Izzy but I get it, is what it is.

Her declining to say anything about future plans makes me believe she also might know something, since she's still close with Slash. "I'm not at liberty to speak on the topic" is the diplomatic answer, in other words it's "Something's cooking but I'm keeping it quiet for now." It could very well be nothing at all, I mean this is Guns N' Roses, but why can't she just say it's nothing? I feel like eventually all these people keeping quiet, all this skirting around, someone will let something slip just enough for us to figure it out and we'll finally know what's happening. 

...or I might just currently be in dreamland and need to be slapped silly for still believing :lol:

I think she actually did give some insider insights just as the reunion was being announced?  Her, Zutuat and Niven all said that Slash was in studio for GNR iirc.  They must of all got the corn for that one!!!

19 minutes ago, soon said:

I think she actually did give some insider insights just as the reunion was being announced?  Her, Zutuat and Niven all said that Slash was in studio for GNR iirc.  They must of all got the corn for that one!!!

Yep she did, just googled it today. That's why she didn't share any insights from nowadays. ;) 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CHRISSY said:

What a great interview, I never knew of this woman.

She must have been a lot of fun when she was a younger woman. I'll have to see if I can google an early picture of her.

And she didn't like Chinese Democracy :o

Yeah I'm not surprised she worked for the band very no non sense type of person. We hope to have her on again when GNR tours Europe next year 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

How come no one knows Arlette? :question:

What kiind of GN'R fans are ya?? :bitchfight:

:P

She's in the credits of every album and she's been interviewed before for documentaries like VH1 Behind The Scenes:

I didn't recognize the name, but as soon as I saw her I remembered who she was. GNR & their side projects go through a lot of employees... Can't blame us for not remembering all their names! :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, Zoot said:

I didn't recognize the name, but as soon as I saw her I remembered who she was. GNR & their side projects go through a lot of employees... Can't blame us for not remembering all their names! :lol:

But she's legend from the real GN'R times, not from when they started side projects :shrugs:

Good one. She knows something about something but is clearly under a gag order about it. Hopefully it turns out to be some new music. I’d be happy with even one new kick-ass tune from them but would obviously prefer a full-blown album release. Some filler in the meantime would certainly be nice like an ep release a’ la’ lies type of deal to hold us over for a bit would be super sweet!! 👍🏻😎:headbang:

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

How come no one knows Arlette? :question:

What kiind of GN'R fans are ya?? :bitchfight:

:P

She's in the credits of every album and she's been interviewed before for documentaries like VH1 Behind The Scenes:

And A&E Biography:

lol I've always been a very bad fan. :lol: Thanks for the videos.

I think she's really interesting. I would like to know more about her work and how she did everything and how she learned all of it. She's quite a character.

2 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

lol I've always been a very bad fan. :lol: Thanks for the videos.

I think she's really interesting. I would like to know more about her work and how she did everything and how she learned all of it. She's quite a character.

Maybe it says so in her book "Rockstarlett" :question:

19 minutes ago, killuridols said:

There should be a translation to it, though.... because what's the use for it to be only in Dutch? :shrugs:

There will only be a translation for it if her agent or publisher sells the rights to other countries.  Either no attempt was made to sell the rights, or no other publisher wanted to buy it; usually the latter occurs because prospective publishers don't think the book will sell enough copies to make it worth their while.

Just now, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

There will only be a translation for it if her agent or publisher sells the rights to other countries.  Either no attempt was made to sell the rights, or no other publisher wanted to buy it; usually the latter occurs because prospective publishers don't think the book will sell enough copies to make it worth their while.

Then it must be some bad shit if no one wanted to translate it :blink:

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Then it must be some bad shit if no one wanted to translate it :blink:

No, it's about market.  Will this book be popular enough, or in demand enough to sell enough copies to earn back (and the aim is to make a profit) the money the publisher paid for it?

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 1

Just now, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

No, it's about market.  Will this book be popular enough, or in demand enough to sell enough copies to earn back (and the aim is to make a profit) the money the publisher paid for it?

I dont know what the book is about, to be honest, but I assumed it would be about her life as a publicist for big bands and artists of Hollywood...

So I assumed her target audience would be in America rather than Belgium or dutch speaking countries... wouldnt ya think? :shrugs:

That's odd.