Appetite for Distortion - Ep. 39: Deron Miller, former CKY

So who went to the 2002 Chinese Democracy tour? Who had tickets only to be cancelled on? 15 years after I saw GnR on the last show of that tour before it was cancelled, we interview Deron Miller. He told us that NO ONE has asked him about it since.

The most curious takeaway for me, who were the other bands that CKY was up against that Axl picked them over to open?

Enjoy!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/appetite-for-distortion/id1116569741?mt=2

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

So who went to the 2002 Chinese Democracy tour? Who had tickets only to be cancelled on? 15 years after I saw GnR on the last show of that tour before it was cancelled, we interview Deron Miller. He told us that NO ONE has asked him about it since.

The most curious takeaway for me, who were the other bands that CKY was up against that Axl picked them over to open?

Enjoy!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/appetite-for-distortion/id1116569741?mt=2

I saw that tour in Detroit notable for a couple of things.

1) cky got booed off the stage and one of them was still in some sort of altercation with an audience member even after the lights came on. 

2) that's the only time Riad was ever played in North America to my knowledge 

3) Axl was all sorts of mad about something during Patience, threw his mic at the start of the solo and walked off stage. He did come back to sing the outro but then just said goodnight and ended the show. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, soon said:

Cool insights into the changing musical landscape in the era.  Trends and business models were all shifting at once.

I get the sense like he has more info we'd be interested in but it just didn't float to the surface.  

I agree that he might have more info, didn't want to press him. Hoping he comes on again and can find out.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1