Original AFD Artwork Debate

Silent Jay

1 hour ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

It was also said by that UME guy in the super deluxe unboxing video that the true meaning behind the painting was actually an anti-rape message. So apparently that is how they are marketing it now.

Oooooh I did not hear that part! :o

Well.... even lamer.... these people are insulting our intelligence if they believe someone can buy that BS..... actually, it seems they have succeeded because some people here totally believe it :facepalm:

Im more bugged by lies like this than whatever Williams intended with his painting :no:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Maybe he cynically exploited the fact that controversies cause PR and is likely to result in more sales within the young adolescent market segment, or maybe he was just immature and thought it was cool, or maybe he like Dj is addicted to the friction, or maybe he felt that Manson had been unfairly treated, or maybe he just found it funny to juxtapose the famous 'Charlie don't surf' quote from Apocalypse Now with the image of Charlie Manson? Maybe a mix.

He said he wore it because he wanted people to know he's not that guy (or something to that effect). It made no sense to me.

Jaysus Tittyhumping Christ.

Why don't we all light a campfire, sit around it holding hands while singing kumba-fucking-ya.
How well off are we people in the first world that constantly need to find something, anything to be offended by.
Not everything needs to be explained to death, and everything sure as shit does not need to be politically correct (whatever the hell that means).
#thistoo??

3 minutes ago, vempirechrist said:

Why don't we all light a campfire, sit around it holding hands while singing kumba-fucking-ya.
How well off are we people in the first world that constantly need to find something, anything to be offended by.
Not everything needs to be explained to death, and everything sure as shit does not need to be politically correct (whatever the hell that means).
#thistoo??

Anything that can be used to bash Axl is always nice. It's a hobby like any other :)

• Haha 3

AFD 's artwork, the It's So Easy music video, rants, One In A Million, riots, Look At Your Game Girl.

Axl's a provocateur. 

Personally, I don't see how it's a big deal. There are lots of unpleasant things in the world, and artists like Axl, Marilyn Manson, and Kanye are provocateurs. If it wasn't gonna be robot rape, it would've been something else. Look at the unreleased Chinese artwork -- it's chock full of weird, sexual stuff (although I'd love a physical copy of This I Love artwork.)

53 minutes ago, vempirechrist said:

#thistoo??

No one is forcing you or others to read the thread. To many of us these issues aren't just "anything to be offended by".

Edited by Scream of the Butterfly
  • GNFNR 1

57 minutes ago, vempirechrist said:

#thistoo??

1) I dont live in the first world so dont assume things about people in the forum that you dont know at all.

2) Why do you overreact as if Axl was your father? :lol:

Just now, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Any thoughts on this album cover art?

R-3621071-1337694366-3587.jpeg.jpg

wooow :wow:

Who made that? It's fantastic!!

If I had the time and knew how to design I'd totally deconstruct the original painting and own it with a new message or make it even more provocative :ph34r:

39 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Seeing the Manson shirt is being discussed, is it opportune to repeat my theory on Rose getting obsessed with bearded messianic figures circa the year 1992?  

He's got a huge Jesus crucified hanging from his walls...

On 25.6.2018 at 10:21 PM, killuridols said:

1) I dont live in the first world so dont assume things about people in the forum that you dont know at all.

2) Why do you overreact as if Axl was your father? :lol:

Oh my, that has to be the most epic and savage comeback ever served.
Well done sir, well done.

Now please crawl back into your safespace and cry some more.

On 25.6.2018 at 10:15 PM, Scream of the Butterfly said:

No one is forcing you or others to read the thread. To many of us these issues aren't just "anything to be offended by".

yes it is. #youtoo?