GNR Song lyrics you thought you knew but don't

1 hour ago, soon said:

Im surprised people arent mentioning Izzy and Duff. I find them hard to understand. I thought for years that in So Fine Duff sang "Stone me" instead of "Story of a man..."

Yeah I always wondered how that was allowed to remain on the album. It's the most slurred line in a song I have ever heard. But he was perma-drunk at that time so perhaps it was the best he could manage.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

The sheet music/guitar tabs for Oh My God also had the incorrect lyrics

I'm guessing Axl wasn't being cooperative with providing them, so the label just took a guess 

kkdt40S.jpg

An a fan since they blew up on MTV, and therefore completely against the idea of a GnR without Slash, OMG is only song I never bothered to figure out the lyrics to (beliefs that were fashioned? I couldn't understand the word "fashioned" :lol:). In fact, I couldn't even let myself get into the song until the 2006 leaks hit. 

But I have to say, thank you for posting this. The lyrics are actually pretty damn good!

• Like 2

For years I thought the ending to Get in the Ring was “this song is dedicated to all the guns n fucking roses fans who suck willies, you’re all fucking shit”

as for the chap who hears falling heart instead of mind.. I’m fascinated how you even get that lyric to fit into the song. Although I must admit I am absolutely crap at lyrics, I struggle with virtually all songs unless I google them

Misheard lyrics are different IMO to not knowing the lyrics. Having had more time to think my problem is me knowing the lyrics mostly but not being able to get them to fit the actual song(ie the tune and start singing at the right cues). I used to have them all down and I'm shocked no GNR lyrics made it into a college exam question. I don't know how I actually got my degree thinking about it. :lol: