You're Crazy (Acoustic) (Not Sound City or Lies)

I noticed a third acoustic version of Move to the City* included in the set. Not the Lies ‘88 version and not the Sound City demo... but another acoustic demo. The one with mulitple people doing the countdown at the beginning. When was this track recorded? Which studio? Which batch of songs does it go with?

* I meant "You're Crazy"

Edited by nevergotochurch

You talking about the (west coast junkie) version? Well it's on the L&L recording right? So it must be Sound City Sessions. I assumed it was West Arkeen and a bunch buddies singing. Kind of like when they did Drunk Fux. Just a mix of whoever was there.

21 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

You talking about the (west coast junkie) version? Well it's on the L&L recording right? So it must be Sound City Sessions. I assumed it was West Arkeen and a bunch buddies singing. Kind of like when they did Drunk Fux. Just a mix of whoever was there.

My apologies, it's actually the acoustic version of You're Crazy that I'm wondering about. Three versions appear. Sound City 86' Demo, the Lies version, and a version which appears on disc 2, track 6 of the 4-disc set. 

2 minutes ago, nevergotochurch said:

My apologies, it's actually the acoustic version of You're Crazy that I'm wondering about. Three versions appear. Sound City 86' Demo, the Lies version, and a version which appears on disc 2, track 6 of the 4-disc set. 

That was an alt. version that was b-side on the second release of the WTTJ single.

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

That was an alt. version that was b-side on the second release of the WTTJ single.

Oh okay. Do you happen to know during which session it was recorded? Around the same as Lies? Or earlier, like '86? The reason for my confusion is because on disc four, it's sandwiched between the Live like a Suicide and Lies tracks. So I'm guessing it goes with the Lies tracks?

GNR Lies sessions/takes that we know of :

- July 29 1987 - Take One Studio :

' Patience' + 'You're Crazy' [alt. take]

- April 19/20 1988 - Image Studio :

'Used To Love Her' + 'You're Crazy' + 'Move To The City'

- unknown date/studio (probably one of the above) :

'One In A Million' + 'Used To Love Her' [alt. take] + 'Cornchucker' + 'One In A Million' [alt. take]

8 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

GNR Lies sessions/takes that we know of :

- July 29 1987 - Take One Studio :

' Patience' + 'You're Crazy' [alt. take]

- April 19/20 1988 - Image Studio :

'Used To Love Her' + 'You're Crazy' + 'Move To The City'

- unknown date/studio (probably one of the above) :

'One In A Million' + 'Used To Love Her' [alt. take] + 'Cornchucker' + 'One In A Million' [alt. take]

still, there's Rumbo Studios in the original Lies bootleg, so I'd assume that the OIAM album version was recorded there, presumably in January 1988. 

Encartes+(4).jpg

• 2 weeks later...