Who Do You Want in the Rock Hall of Fame Next Year?

BadApples87

On 10/14/2019 at 7:36 PM, The Dissident said:

Rush is already in.

I thought Rush was only in the Canadian Hall of Fame? Well if it's true, they deserve it.

Out of like 15 names, only 5 will get in. I would be surprised if the metal bands get in. They deserve it, but who knows?

Whitney Houston is nominated, so there you go!

I think that overall, while yes the RRHOF is bullshit and meaningless... but for bands that have influenced countless acts or genres as a whole but perhaps don't have the public or monetary recognition such as the stooges (who are in), cheap trick (also in), the MC5 (hopefully in this year) and many others it is sort of a big deal because it gives them the spotlight, if only for a short while and deservedly shines a light on them that otherwise may not have been shined. For big acts like KISS, Maiden, GN'R, etc, it doesn't make a difference if they are in or not.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'll just leave this here if you want to see my take on the RRHOF and who they exclude.

The Same Old Song And Dance - The Hall Of Fame Travesty Continues 

"Of the sixteen acts nominated the female contingency consists of Rufus featuring Chaka Khan, the late Whitney Houston, Pat Benatar and….. well that’s it"

https://bigtakeover.com/essays/TheSameOldSongAndDanceTheHallOfFameTravestyContinues?fbclid=IwAR3m-SafLwvm9x2mlbYSdtXFi9ZVSGCM3eyheRzXknwPWWs3TdjEOJtpgYs

• Haha 1

On 10/15/2019 at 5:01 PM, JONEZY said:

Bay City Rollers, The Monkeeys.   Just kidding, even though I like both.  Anyway, its fun to wonder who should be in.  But its not really up to us fans.  Besides, they will always put in some unknown singer from long ago.  Someone we've never heard of.  And bands that should be in will have to wait til next year.  

The Bay City Rollers. Why are you kidding? Excellent choice. Modern frontrunners for big , boy band or group marketing.  The Monkeys yes. GnR Axl Rose borrowed Davy Jones sway.                          I love, JanetJackson's music. I love and always was a big fan of Whitneys.  The Rock n Roll Hall of Fame needs to be  called The Music Hall of Fame.   It is not a big deal.  Janet and Whitney were not RnR.  Yes, Pop music, yes. RnR is not White boys with guitars. It is rooted from Ryhtm n Blues. How does Little Richard say it?  This RnR Hall of Fame , a joke.  Janet and Whitney are not RnR.  I am huge fans of theirs.  Hey this must be the only genre or award Taylor Swift has not received so put her in just because.                                                   Regarding some unknown singer from long ago.....well, they were  pioneers of RnR. All of Motown should have been put in in the 1990s. All those groups and singers from the 1950s RnR should have been put in during the 1990s. Laura Nylo is in and good because there would not have been Pat Banatar, Heart Ann and Nancy without pioneers like her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amaya said:

The Bay City Rollers. Why are you kidding? Excellent choice. Modern frontrunners for big , boy band or group marketing.  The Monkeys yes. GnR Axl Rose borrowed Davy Jones sway.                          I love, JanetJackson's music. I love and always was a big fan of Whitneys.  The Rock n Roll Hall of Fame needs to be  called The Music Hall of Fame.   It is not a big deal.  Janet and Whitney were not RnR.  Yes, Pop music, yes. RnR is not White boys with guitars. It is rooted from Ryhtm n Blues. How does Little Richard say it?  This RnR Hall of Fame , a joke.  Janet and Whitney are not RnR.  I am huge fans of theirs.  Hey this must be the only genre or award Taylor Swift has not received so put her in just because.                                                   Regarding some unknown singer from long ago.....well, they were  pioneers of RnR. All of Motown should have been put in in the 1990s. All those groups and singers from the 1950s RnR should have been put in during the 1990s. Laura Nylo is in and good because there would not have been Pat Banatar, Heart Ann and Nancy without pioneers like her.

Once they started putting in rappers in is when I said the hall is a joke. The fucking Spin Doctors will probably get in before someone who deserves it.

• Haha 1