GNR Survivor: Tours - Round 2

kingcanyon

2.Second Worst GNR Tour  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Vote out the worst tours first

• The Early Days of Guns N' Roses (85-87)
    • AFD (87-88)
    • Use Your Illusion World Tour (91-93)
    • Chinese Democracy Tour (01/02)
    • Chinese Democracy Tour (06/07)
    • Chinese Democracy Tour (09-2011)
    • Up Close and Personal Tour (2012)
    • Not in This Lifetime... Tour (16-19)
    • We're F'N Back! (2021)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/26/2022 at 07:00 PM

On 5/26/2022 at 10:58 AM, BangoSkank said:

Because while it had Osaka & Tokyo it also had Rock In Rio 2011 & East Rutherford 2011, which I was there for and saw the half filled arena, Axl going on three hours late, a roooough opening act (Asking Alexandria) who had nearly half of the real estate on all promo material, and Axl had to drink from and prominently display a Monster can before November Rain. It was also when the internet seized on the images of him in the raincoat and, I think, cruelly meme'd him because of his weight. 

Whatever happened between December 2010 & October 2011 that caused Axl to lose inspiration is kind of sad enough for me to vote for it. This was also the first tour without Robin. 

That said, I did make Axl laugh from the pit in Rutherford, which I'm pretty proud of. And looking at the setlist for it now I am floored that I apparently saw Shackler's & Madagascar and have no memory of it.

how did you axl laugh?

On 5/26/2022 at 9:58 AM, BangoSkank said:

Because while it had Osaka & Tokyo it also had Rock In Rio 2011 & East Rutherford 2011, which I was there for and saw the half filled arena, Axl going on three hours late, a roooough opening act (Asking Alexandria) who had nearly half of the real estate on all promo material, and Axl had to drink from and prominently display a Monster can before November Rain. It was also when the internet seized on the images of him in the raincoat and, I think, cruelly meme'd him because of his weight. 

Whatever happened between December 2010 & October 2011 that caused Axl to lose inspiration is kind of sad enough for me to vote for it. This was also the first tour without Robin. 

That said, I did make Axl laugh from the pit in Rutherford, which I'm pretty proud of. And looking at the setlist for it now I am floored that I apparently saw Shackler's & Madagascar and have no memory of it.

I get all this. I’d separate 09/10 and 11/12/13/14 as almost two separate eras even. There was a long gap anyways and the quality definitely took a dip

19 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I get all this. I’d separate 09/10 and 11/12/13/14 as almost two separate eras even. There was a long gap anyways and the quality definitely took a dip

Yup - I would love to know just what exactly happened between December '10 and October '11.