who is Daniel Nicholson aka DJ, co-writer of MTTCity

Move To The City  is credited to Stradlin, Weber, Daniel Nicolson (a/k/a D.J.). His name, Daniel Nicolson, is new to me. On my album, it's just "DJ".  I had always thought it was Del James. I remember some old interviews mentioning that the song was written in the Hell House during binges, and that enforced my Del James idea and I just left it at that. 

However, I have just stumbled across some random Adler interview in which he said that the song was co-written by some random "can't even remember his name now, oh, DJ I think it was" guy.  I don't own the AFD box, so I verfied online, and voila, Daniel Nicolson.

So do we know anything about the guy? Any interviews? Anything? The more I think about it, the more interesting it is. Couldn't have been some random after all since he got a credit and a dude like Chris Weber had to fight in court for years to get his.

Edited by whatashame
typo

For years many people thought that the "DJ" who was credited as co-writer of Move To The City in the LLAS liner notes was Del James.

However, Steven said in his autobiography that "DJ" was the bass player for Hollywood Rose when he saw them for the first time. And recently Chris Weber said that DJ was a friend of theirs:

Chris Weber: I just looked at a Live ?!*@ Like A Suicide cassette tape, and on it, “Move to the City” is credited: Stradlin, me, and D.J., which is a fella who was a friend of ours.

https://vwmusicrocks.com/an-interview-with-chris-weber-of-hollywood-rose/

I looked at the site of the US Copyright Office and found out that his real name is Daniel Nicolson (and then I edited the Wikipedia articles for LLAS, Lies and AFD :lol: - I see that the Hollywood Rose article has been now edited, too), but I couldn't find anything more about him.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Ant000 said:

move to tha citaaay

|-x--x--x-x--x---x--x-x-|-12-----------------12--------------------|-12-----------------------------------|
|-x--x--x-x--x---x--x-x-|-12--14-12-14-12-14-12----14-12-14-12-14--|-12----14-12-14-12-14-12--12--12--x-x-|
|-x--x--x-x--x---x--x-x-|-12--14-12-14-12-14-12----14-12-14-12-14--|-12----14-12-14-12-14-12--12--12--x-x-|
|-----------------------|------------------------------------------|--------------------------------------|
|-----------------------|------------------------------------------|--------------------------------------|

• Haha 2