Teachers in Texas

dontdamnmeuyi2015

Abbott is allowing teachers to carry guns in schools now. He doesn't care if they can shoot or not.

This moron will do anything to avoid taking AR 15 and AK 47's out of gun stores.

Texas has lost a lot of teachers due to covid and all the stupid rules Texas has. So of the people teaching the kids aren't even certified nor do we know if they are qualified to teach our kids any subjects.

I doubt many teachers will want to carry guns in the schools. Their job is to teach our kids and now you want them to fight off a shooter and protect the kids with their lives? Do you think this is fair to them? I don't.

Abbott is a moron and yet this damn state voted him in as Gov again. 

This is just shameful.

• Like 1

I am a Texan too and am absolutely disgusted in the stranglehold that Abbot and the Republicans have on our state. 

We had an opportunity to vote these criminals out last week, but did that happen? NOOOO! :vomit:

Of course not. Texas is a nice place to be, but it would be a much better place to live with competent/non-corrupt leadership.

My mom taught in the Texas public school system for over 20 years and retired in 2010.

I am thankful she doesn't have to deal with this Abbot induced bullshit!!:hahafyou:

10 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

It's completely insane, yeah.

Is it true that many democrats from California etc are moving to Texas? Things like the crazy gun laws probably won't change until the demographics change enough.

Yes that is true. However, there are many backwards rural areas in Texas. The people that live in these areas are the voters that Abbot and the Republicans target.

The major cities (Dallas/Houston/San Antonio/Austin) always lean Democratic in elections. 

Unfortunately, we are always outnumbered by rural residents in elections.

Who knows if things in Texas will ever change?

Some people are too dumb to realize that they are voting against their best interests...