Memoir of a Roadie by Joel Miller - 2000 Chinese Democracy era

I searched the forum for posts about this book and was surprised to find no comments about this book.  It’s a great read (or listen, I bought it on Audible).  Beginning on chapter 72, The author talks about his time working for Axl beginning at rehearsals for the Las Vegas  HOB New Year’s show and Rock in Rio in 2000. 

The author gives an interesting behind the scenes insight on how things were back then.   

https://www.amazon.com/Memoir-Roadie-Weiland-Carpenters-Drinks-ebook/dp/B08F78FKY7/ref=nodl_?dplnkId=d7f2719f-6fbc-4947-bcf5-06e905cc5960

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Dean said:

That did appear here shortly after it’s release. Fascinating insight. Axl rehearsing The Blues prior to HOB is one that sticks out

It's first time I hear about this book. Please tell me about The Blues rehearsal, or what stayed in your memory...

Yeah, some cool tidbits in this book, besides his couple of brief interactions with Axl. E.g. Brain's frustration before RIR 3, his descriptions of Tom Mayhue (without naming him), Scott Weiland (pre-VR) asking him what was Axl like, etc.

Here is the old thread about it:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Thanks 1