Top 10 Black Sabbath songs (all eras)

Towelie

11 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

That's good to know, I read alot of fans on YouTube chastise the album with little explanation. And the production is very very poor. Really looking forward to remix/re-release now that iommi has the masters. 

I'll check out the Headless Cross album after Eternal Idol, which is definitely growing on me. Thanks. 

Headless Cross is my 2nd favourite Sabbath album, behind Heaven and Hell. It is a great album.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Im starting to get more into this band, so I’m revising my top 10:

1.Supernaut, 2.Symptom of the Universe, 3.Sabbra Cadabra, 4.Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, 5.Children of the Grave, 6.War Pigs / Luke’s Wall, 7.Paranoid, 8.Iron Man, 9.Jack the Stripper / Fairies Wear Boots, 10.Wheels of Confusion / The Straightener

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

1.Supernaut, 2.Children of the Grave, 3.War Pigs / Luke’s Wall, 4.National Acrobat, 5.Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, 6.Sabra Cadabra, 7.Spiral Architect, 8.Symptom of the Universe, 9.Jack the Stripper / Fairies Wear Boots, 10.Wheels of Confusion / The Straightener, Honorable Mention: Paranoid

The album Sabbath Bloody Sabbath has gotten my attention now, as you can see.

Great list! Did you get to listen to Sabotage? I reckon you’ll like it a lot, too.

4 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

1.Supernaut, 2.Children of the Grave, 3.War Pigs / Luke’s Wall, 4.National Acrobat, 5.Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, 6.Sabra Cadabra, 7.Spiral Architect, 8.Symptom of the Universe, 9.Jack the Stripper / Fairies Wear Boots, 10.Wheels of Confusion / The Straightener, Honorable Mention: Paranoid

The album Sabbath Bloody Sabbath has gotten my attention now, as you can see.

A few good picks in there. Have you given any of the post-Ozzy material a chance yet?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Not yet, no. I’ll get to it, though!

Interested to hear you report back. The other eras of Sabbath sound quite different to the Ozzy era (And quite different to one another), but if you can get past the change in styles (Along with the occasional dodgy production) there is some amazing music in those later albums - especially all of the Dio eras and the first Tony Martin era. 

• Like 1