Axl said "music" not "CHIDEM"

Route66

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw this article fro yesturday:

Sanctuary have confirmed that Guns N'Roses will have recorded their next two albums, when the recording process is complete.

Chinese Democracy, the first of the two releases, is set to be released this year, according to Axl Rose.

http://elsewhere.com/index.php?option=com_...id=73&Itemid=28

Apparently, the record company has comfirmed it...?!

I have no idea how reliable that sourse is, but ithought id post it here anyways.

that site is unreliable,

that site starts the rumors.

(search their archives about a year back to find this 'sanctuary confirms' under 'gossip', but that site tends to remove things so the rumor can't be traced back to them)

I don't mean to sound pesimistic, and i apologize if anyone has mentioned this already, but what does this statement actually mean? Axl didn't say whether CD would be released this year he just says that peole will hear music. This could be a song on a soundtrack or maybe a tour.

I hope that he does mean that CD will be released this year, but a lot of people seem to be getting their hopes up again and will be disppaointed if CD is not released.

Just a thought!

Why can't GNR ever be 100% positive about something?

Stonebird

which means that people will get to hear music this year.

I meant not neccesarily "recorded" music....

It means we'll hear music this year. If Popeye said, "I Yam What I Yam", would you ask him what he is?

Yes,yes i would

which means that people will get to hear music this year.

I meant not neccesarily "recorded" music....

but a few songs unheard of before is a high possibility.

Well i fucking hope so...but i guess he could get away with covering one fucking song from backstreet boys and itll clasify....as painfulk as this is to say...music :shocked:

Come on, let's just say it the way it is: this year the album IS going to be released.

We didn't know what was going on, now we know it's being finished, told by the one who's finishing it. It's simple, he's been silent for years! And now he goes to a party and says this is my goddamn mouth. And that's just the beginning...

Hope an extense interview in... four months or so.

If the rollingstone article was incorrect and Axl wasn't talking about CD, then we'd have heard from merck by now complaining about axl being misquoted. No statement from merck means that the RS article is factual.

He hasnt been misquoted at all so why should Merck be upset.. its like the "reunion" article that popped up. Journalists constantly take exact quotes and put them in the context they would like them to be in.

In this case they were obviously talking about CHIDEM (no doubt about that) and Axl said we will hear "Music".. this could be interpreted as either talking about the release of the full album or just some music. I'm inclined to think the latter as Axl does choose his words carefully.

I really believe if he thought CHIDEM was definitely coming out at the time of this interview he would have said so. At the moment he may not be sure.. but this also doesnt mean it definitely wont come out this year either. Its as if Axl does not want to get fans hopes up.. unlike some journalists...

You know, Slash always said, "Axl is one smart fucking guy" and that also goes for when he talks to the press because Axl knows how to be ambigious so as we(the fans) can intrepret his words to mean just about anything.

There is an old saying I go by. Actions speak A LOT louder than words.

Words are shit without any actions to back them up.

So, I am going to wait until we get an official release date, from an official source (if we ever do) to believe anything regarding any member, past or present, of GNR.

Axl was at a Korn Tour party when he spoke to RS. It was KORNS big moment, yet Axl apparently told RS he was just out looking for something to do? SUUUUUUUUUUURE.

It seems to me that Axl being at Korns tour party caused it to get more publicity. I think Axl had reasons to show up there.........and like Madison stated, you had to RSVP before hand.