"As for a reunion with his former Gn'R mates, that seems unlikely."

neatd99

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright im a newbie so be gentle. If my sources where correct Axl recently commented of the respect he still has for his former bandmates even Slash, and he seems to be urging inside for a possible reunion. I know its unlikely to happen but does anybody think they could put there past behind them and do something for the fans and rock. Pink Floyd members Roger Waters and Dave Gilmour could do it why cant they? ? ? ?

im so confused.... another reunion thread ?? wtf!?!? :question::drevil::book:

If CD is a success then why would Axl want to consider a reunion when things are going well for him. VR will probably continue to be successful so why would they want to ditch their lead singer and hook up with someone from their past?

There probably might be a slim chance that at some point in the future they may get together for some one off event, just for fun.

At the moment we have two good bands instead of one, it's a good deal.

Just worry about what current incarnation of GnR that we have now, because really thats all that matters.

J.Walker

say what??

What!!

J.Walker

how can we really worry about them though? theres more important things than a make-believe band...

Worry about who, and what make beleive band? What are you talking about?

Please Explain. I.........Do...........Not............Comprehend.

J.Walker

:rolleyes:

i cant be bothered to sit here and type a load of crap with someone who has a kid fetish!!

so this conversation is over... :drevil:

http://www.lse.co.uk/ShowbizNews.asp?Code=...oses_to_reunite

now if this isn't a good example of how a journalist twists Axl's words around, I don't know what is.

I think they're just making more of his statement than is really there. Axl said something nice about slash because he was asked about him. This is just an example of a journalist creating a story that doesn't exist.

Sorry Jalp, but I don't think the journalist twisted anything.

Axl had no reason to say these words about Slash unless he wanted to try a reconciliation. :)

ferrari,

i see where you are coming from. But in all honesty, I believe Axl said those words about Slash because Slash said the same thing about Axl just a week before in that radio interview.

So, Axl obviously heard the Slash interview or read what he said online, so he just played the Public relations game as well.

Axl had no reason to say these words about Slash unless he wanted to try a reconciliation. :)

ferrari,

i see where you are coming from. But in all honesty, I believe Axl said those words about Slash because Slash said the same thing about Axl just a week before in that radio interview.

So, Axl obviously heard the Slash interview or read what he said online, so he just played the Public relations game as well.

Axl needs a lead guitar. rock4

ferrari,

I would hope that at the age of almost 44 Axl doesn't feel the need to play games such as 'he said something nice about me, then I'll say something nice about him'. Anyways, not the first time Slash has said something good about Axl.

ferrari,

Axl needs a lead guitar. rock4

This is from 99's convo with loder by phone posted by the good people at htgth.com

http://heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=200

"Rose: We've been working on, I don't know, 70 songs.

Loder: Oh!

Rose: The record will be about, anywhere from 16 to 18 songs, but we recorded at least two albums' worth of material that is solidly recorded. But we are working on a lot more songs than that at the same time... in that way, what we're doing is exploring so, you know, you get a good idea, you save it, and then maybe you come back to it later, or maybe you get a good idea and you go, "That's really cool, but that's not what we're looking for. Okay, let's try something new." You know, basically taking the advance money for the record and actually spending it on the record.

Loder: [Laughs] Not always the case, obviously.

Rose: No, and I don't want to be in a situation again where I have to depend on other people and have [to] start all over. So we have material that we think is too advanced for old Guns fans to hear right now and they would completely hate, because we were exploring the use of computers [along with] everybody really playing their ass off and combining that, but trying to push the envelope a bit. It's like, "Hmm, I have to push the envelope a little too far. We'll wait on that." So we got a list of things.

Loder: Are you involved in computer music yourself? Are you playing guitar now?

Rose:: A little of both, a little of both.

Loder: How's your guitar playing coming along now?

Rose: It's all right. I just wanted to be good enough to be able to contribute what was needed to this main album. It took working on the majority of these things and at least the couple albums' [worth] of material to figure out what should be on the first official Guns album. I wouldn't say it's like, you know, that we recorded a double album, or that we have all of our scraps to be the second one. There is a distinct difference in sound. The second leans probably a little more to aggressive electronica with full guitars, where the first one is definitely more guitar-based."

well, robin or richard could be lead.

Yah, you should look into threapy to get that fix'd. Thats a major problem. I know that someone is you. You should see a doctor. AND, lets not forget that we already finish'd this, so you should get off CHB's dick, and get on with your life.

J.Walker

truth hurts, dont it? ;)

but back on topic...

what i was trying to say *bad obbsession*, was how are we supposed to worry about gnr when we dont know whats going on? i mean sure we got something from axl last week, but the last time that happened was 2 years ago! if anything, the new gnr shouldnt really be anyones concern because in alot of peoples minds, they dont exist!!

a reunion is the only thing on peoples minds that will bring gnr back!

...i think i sort of missed the point with everything i typed, but ohwell! :D

ferrari,

I would hope that at the age of almost 44 Axl doesn't feel the need to play games such as 'he said something nice about me, then I'll say something nice about him'. Anyways, not the first time Slash has said something good about Axl.

he's not 44 yet :tongue2: