"As for a reunion with his former Gn'R mates, that seems unlikely."

neatd99

This is why I say this. Axl has been in the game for so long now. He knows how to work the media. Notice he didn't say that the "album" was coming out this year. He said music...blah blah blah. He didn't mention anything about a tour other than wait and see. And all of a sudden, he's talking to Izzy again?? In other words, Axl knew "reunion" rumors were gonna emerge from his statements. That's why he threw the bone out there. To send a message to Slash, Duff, and Izzy.

I hope you`re right but i doubt it..

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after years of torment ,do you really think Axl is going to tell nu gnr that they are fired?Slash and Duff want a reunion but I'm sure that just means a tour and then they go back to VR.After all the work and what not that they have done with VR they aren't just going to walk away from it. Also none of them will work with Steven ever again .They didn't invite him in VR and if a reunion did ever happen we would be stuck with Jughead aka Sorum.

Peace Out

after years of torment ,do you really think Axl is going to tell nu gnr that they are fired?Slash and Duff want a reunion but I'm sure that just means a tour and then they go back to VR.After all the work and what not that they have done with VR they aren't just going to walk away from it. Also none of them will work with Steven ever again .They didn't invite him in VR and if a reunion did ever happen we would be stuck with Jughead aka Sorum.

Peace Out

Slash n Duff wont do anythin while VR exists. I know Scott is goin back to STP for a one off show, but Slash n Duff goin back to GNR would be worldwide front page news. Its gonna be a while before GNR could seriously get back together.

Grimo.

Peace Out

Slash n Duff wont do anythin while VR exists. I know Scott is goin back to STP for a one off show, but Slash n Duff goin back to GNR would be worldwide front page news. Its gonna be a while before GNR could seriously get back together.

Grimo.

VR could be their side project. :unsure:

after years of torment ,do you really think Axl is going to tell nu gnr that they are fired?

Peace Out

If Axl want`s a reunion i don`t think he would have any problems with kicking them out of the band..

And 99% of the fans would´t mind either.

after years of torment ,do you really think Axl is going to tell nu gnr that they are fired?

Peace Out

If Axl want`s a reunion i don`t think he would have any problems with kicking them out of the band..

And 99% of the fans would´t mind either.

J.T.,

Karri is gonna write you a letter I think.

Axl: "I haven't spoken to Slash in 10 years."

You guys: OMG OMG Reunion!!! Sooner rather than later! I can sense it!

What is wrong with you people? Are you really that out there?

I love you all, but this reunion talk has got to stop. It's just ridiculous. Axl obviously wants to experiment with different styles of music. He wants to do something new and creative. Slash and Duff are obviously just interested in playing their old brand of generic bluesy/traditional hard rock inspired by Aerosmith, Van Halen, ect.

At this point, Axl wouldn't mix well musically with the former gunners. It's like combining Cher and Tommy Lee together. It wont work out and nothing will come out of it. It doesn't make any sense. The only thing it would do is make concert attendance go up. It would not improve the future music. As far as I'm concerned, Axl has reached a creative wall with the old band members. They can't work together on anything new, the collective creativity is over.

We should be more interested in what Axl and his new band have to offer us. Those guys might have elements that weren't present in the old GNR. We should be optimistic for what will be on CD.

That is all, flame me if you wish, but I'm right about this. There will be no reunion and there shouldn't be a reunion.

Word.

We should be more interested in what Axl and his new band have to offer us. Those guys might have elements that weren't present in the old GNR. We should be optimistic for what will be on CD.

That is all, flame me if you wish, but I'm right about this. There will be no reunion and there shouldn't be a reunion.

Only a huge fan could have written that kind of thing... :rolleyes:

There is an element in nugnr that wasn't in the "old GN'R" : the gay factor. Nugnr has no balls. :fuckyou:

Edited by Ferrari

I just get more and more confident of a reunion. they can do it...why wouldn´t they? Give me one reason please....there is no reason. It just that time now, for a reunion. How will the current band members parts do...Just kick them anyway and Slash and Duff can learn their parts and play them and rock again. It´s there... GNR Reunion!!!

New things that Axl's band has? well if you ask me (which i now you didn't but i dont give a fuck) i'd go with GnR's Classic Rock over New Trans-Techno (Silkworms) with Thrash Metal Guitars (Oh My God, even though it is a cool riff its not my weapon of choice) and Light Speed Soloes you can barely appreciate because they just sound like a pig getting slaughtered any day.

This DOESN't mean that i think everything Axl has made is shit, i kinda like the blues and madagascar, but i think its impossible for him to make by his own, something bigger and more musically inspiring and talented than what he did with classic gnr, lets face it guys, some here wont even put Hendrix or Page against Slash and your facing Axl vs Slash, Izzy and Duff, so i think saying 1/5th of the band making something bigger than the WHOLE band is just plain imbecile.

I like VR, and i don't know if Axl can make something I find more musically inspiring and talented than what they have done, up till now, i havn't heard anythin better than say... Headspace coming from Axl, i have faith, and i sure do hope he can do something better cuz it'b be cool to see like a musical race bewteen the two bands, but lets face it, up till now, its just been a couple of songs and a very poorly produced tour.

So if there was a GnR reunion, I'd welcome it with wide open arms, cuz, i guess, thats why 99% of the people are here, because of Classic GnR, Not NuGnR, i sure do have faith on them, but the first reason why im here, is because of songs Like November Rain, Don't Damn Me and Civil War, NOT because of Oh My God, Chinese Democracy (Song) or Silkworms. In my opinion, you should get torched, cuz your really talking outa your ass.

Just a piece of my mind

Edited by Me Scandar

If this is from a GN'R fan, I'm Joseph Ratzinger. :fuckyou:

I agree! This forum should be renamed to "myaxlroseforum.com" Chinese Democracy is not a GNR album,

It's Axl's solo album.

• 1 month later...

Joe Perry & Brad Whitford back in Aerosmith

Ace & Peter back in KISS (for awhile anyhow)

Plant & Page

Sammy & Van Halen (for a summer)

Crue

Waters & Pink Floyd (for a show)

Ozzy & Sabbath

Perry & Journey

The Cult

Bottom Line: WHY NOT?

None of us know for sure....It might only be for a show or a song?

Then again The Beatles never did!!!

Oh well

There is a topic that is about Slash going back or not, where this is already discussed (similar)...

Anyway: anything can happen... Examples of other bands do not really matter cause anything can happen: maybe they be back together, maybe they are never going to be together again...

Lets wait, but I surely prefer the 1 option... The bad part is that if I had to bet my money in one of them I would bet on the 2 one....

Edited by Jmm

hmmmmmm... who wants to go first?

I will.

Fuck all these bullshit ideas of a GNR reunion. The lineup has changed. Deal with it.

Good enough for me :D

Agreed. Well said Santana.

Come on NOT NOW! We are right around the corner from Chinese Democracy. Fuck off with reunion pish!

Hagar and Van Halen? Holy mother load!

When?

Where?

Actually who gives a rats ass, it's not David Lee Roth damn it all!

Now onto the issue at hand. The reunion will happen, I know this for a fact.

How?

The magic 8 ball of course, it knows everything.

And that is your big news for this monday, The Magic 8 Ball says GNR will reunite.

-That is all