"As for a reunion with his former Gn'R mates, that seems unlikely."

neatd99

If Axl and Slash play it out like MEN, a reunion is possible instead of being like a girl, having a bad fight/disagreement and not talking anymore. That's just rediculous. I thought only highschool girls did that.

once Slash is in, Matt and Duff are in...I just feel sorry for Stevie

...I'd also like to see Slash and Robin share the stage

My reunion line-up would then be

Axl

Slash

Robin

Izzy...I don't mind Richard if Izzy doesn't want to

Duff

Matt

Dizzy

A lot of you guys have a problem with Robin, but face it, Robin's guitar parts (even thought its simple) works better than Buckethead in BETTER.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever merged this topic, thank you, you are my hero. :heart:

I propose that we start a pinned topic for the people that still believe that the original lineup of GNR will and should reunite. I also feel that anyone else who brings up these fucking reunion threads should be banned. Not only from the forum, but from life itself. :devil:

Face it people. Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steven are gone. Move on.

Whoever merged this topic, thank you, you are my hero. :heart:

I propose that we start a pinned topic for the people that still believe that the original lineup of GNR will and should reunite. I also feel that anyone else who brings up these fucking reunion threads should be banned. Not only from the forum, but from life itself. :devil:

Face it people. Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steven are gone. Move on.

i wish they would just move on.. after all this time i can't believe there are still slash fans coming here who dont even like the new band.

fuck a reunion :shades:

Axl obviously wants to experiment with different styles of music. He wants to do something new and creative. Slash and Duff are obviously just interested in playing their old brand of generic bluesy/traditional hard rock

Nice subtle dig at Slash & Duff there.

If Axl is making "new and creative" music, he certainly didn't play any of it during the last tour. The Blues sounds like it could easily be from one of the illusion albums. Chinese Democracy is a straightforward 90's rocker. Madagascar is just a very, very simple tune.

Don't get me wrong, I like all of those songs and hope they're on the album, but lets not delude ourselves into thinking they're anything groundbreaking.

Now that you mention it,better is kinda groundbreakingly KICK ASS

We should be more interested in what Axl and his new band have to offer us. Those guys might have elements that weren't present in the old GNR. We should be optimistic for what will be on CD.

That is all, flame me if you wish, but I'm right about this. There will be no reunion and there shouldn't be a reunion.

If this is from a GN'R fan, I'm Joseph Ratzinger. :fuckyou:

hey joey,this is lenin,yeah i swung by to say a bigger revolution's starting again,

THE SECOND GNR REVOLUTION

(ps:estranged,trade brain for matt and we've got an allstar lineup)

Slash and Duff are obviously just interested in playing their old brand of generic bluesy/traditional hard rock inspired by Aerosmith, Van Halen, ect.

Have you not read what Matt Sorum said about making it a more 'danceable' album and wanting to sing with Pharrell Williams? Can you explain to me how that is generic bluesy/traditional hard rock?

Slash and Duff are obviously just interested in playing their old brand of generic bluesy/traditional hard rock inspired by Aerosmith, Van Halen, ect.

Have you not read what Matt Sorum said about making it a more 'danceable' album and wanting to sing with Pharrell Williams? Can you explain to me how that is generic bluesy/traditional hard rock?

Don't take Sorum seriously. The only people that take Matt Sorum seriously are Matt Sorum and well, no one.

Don't take Sorum seriously. The only people that take Matt Sorum seriously are Matt Sorum and well, no one.

your wrong santana,not even matt sorum takes matt sorum seriously....

remember the bondage suspenders in the estranged music video?

A reunion of the original band would have a huge impact on rock & roll.. there's no question about that.

Forget Chinese Democracy..

Give the world Guns N' Roses as it was meant to be..

-Kickingthehabit

The Guns N' Roses you are talking about is dead.

This new incarnation is a whole different band. You either like the new band or not.

But speaking of those two different bands in a same sentence doesn't make much sense. Although I love them both.

Just think that GNR is dead, finished. This is a totally different band with the same name. No relation. There's only the name. Axl deserves to keep it. It's a kind of a legacy thing.

I can't buy into that..

If Robert Plant decided to recreate Led Zeppelin without Page, Bonham, or Jones.. could you accept that?

If Paul McCartney decided to recreate the Beatles without Lennon, Harrison, or Starr.. could you accept that?

It's a matter of respect,.. a matter of principle.

If they are such an incredible band, lead by a musical genius.. why do they survive by using another bands legacy?

Is Rose too much of a coward that he has to use 'Guns N' Roses' as a crutch to give meaning to his project?

Of course, they're two different bands,.. but while one lived by the name -- another treats it like a whore..

Remember,.. this band made profit by calling themselves Guns N' Roses. They made profit by playing the original bands music..

Where's the honor in that?

The Guns N' Roses that I remember are far from dead -- their music has more life in it than anything that pathological egotist could produce on his own.

But, of course.. this board is content with whoever is on the payroll.

It's a sad state we're in..

-Kickingthehabit

your wrong santana,not even matt sorum takes matt sorum seriously....

remember the bondage suspenders in the estranged music video?

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

-Kickingthehabit

no fuckhead, we just accepted the lineup change a long time ago.

'Fuckhead!'

The 25 year old strikes again!

Remember, Axls_Disillusion.. you just embarrass yourself.. :)

-Kickingthehabit

"he's in my ass, thats where slash is, fuckhead, go home!"

Axl Rose at age 42

-Kickingthehabit

'Fuckhead!'

-Kickingthehabit

Axl Rose at age 42

If that doesn't tell you something..

-Kickingthehabit

-Kickingthehabit

'Fuckhead!'

-Kickingthehabit

Axl Rose at age 42

-Kickingthehabit

Its Axl's response to someone who went to a GNR concert to cheer for Slash when Slash wasn't in the band, just some stupid attention seeker who wanted to cause drama. Much like you on this forum. You come here to cheer for something that is gone. and you do it in a way disrespecfully to those who are fans of the band and those who are actually in the band themselves, including Axl. therefore you are a fuckhead.

-Kickingthehabit

'Fuckhead!'

-Kickingthehabit

Axl Rose at age 42

-Kickingthehabit

Its Axl's response to someone who went to a GNR concert to cheer for Slash when Slash wasn't in the band, just some stupid attention seeker who wanted to cause drama. Much like you on this forum. You come here to cheer for something that is gone. and you do it in a way disrespecfully to those who are fans of the band and those who are actually in the band themselves, including Axl. therefore you are a fuckhead.

Unfortunately, none of that will divert the fact that you've just hit puberty..

I understand your hostility,.. and I don't take it to heart. Somethings are just meant to be, kid..

How's Cub Scouts coming along?

-Kickingthehabit

First,

saying the C word on a public board is piggish, tasteless, low class, stupid, and vulgar, on the short list. I'm a man, men know this, grow up, and if I were you I'd apologize to every woman on the board ASAP.

Brainwashed Feminist Cunt.

Second, I think many people are still living in 1991. I would suggest to build a time machine, go back to 1991....then twist the timeloop of the universe so you will always live in 1991.

Problem solved.

Whether a reunion will happen or not in the future is a moot point.

I just can't understand that people DON'T want a reunion of GNR. I don't get it? Are you guys even fans of the band in the first place?

You would rather choose a band that has taken 10 years to record a record and hasn't even been releaseda dn released 1 fucking song and has done a hanful of shows,,,, to a band that is legendary and is the reason why this board even exists.

Don't tell me that the members don't matter and it's still GNR! That's absurd. If that was the case, the 2002 tour would of done much much better then it really did. No one wants to see a third rate cover band with the guitarist from NSync!

And it's a shame that people who call themselves GNR fans want to see that more then the originals who conquered the world and made music that you all love a enjoy to this very day.

Flame away.

I just can't understand that people DON'T want a reunion of GNR. I don't get it? Are you guys even fans of the band in the first place?

You would rather choose a band that has taken 10 years to record a record and hasn't even been releaseda dn released 1 fucking song and has done a hanful of shows,,,, to a band that is legendary and is the reason why this board even exists.

Don't tell me that the members don't matter and it's still GNR! That's absurd. If that was the case, the 2002 tour would of done much much better then it really did. No one wants to see a third rate cover band with the guitarist from NSync!

And it's a shame that people who call themselves GNR fans want to see that more then the originals who conquered the world and made music that you all love a enjoy to this very day.

Flame away.

See my post above yours.

I live in the now, not in 1991. Slash to me sucks now so why would I bother with wanting him in being in GnR?

I liked him on the GnR albums but live......pfffft. Only 1 gig he plays decent and that is Paris 1992, Hippodrome (the only gig which he seems to be sober in).

I watch and listen to old GnR bootlegs and Slash plays offkey half of the songs, missing riffs/chords all over the place and is searching for his shoes while the band-audience waits........because he is on drugs.

He has found his pot of gold in the posers of VR.......RIP, stop crying, move on already.

Flame away.

See my post above yours.

I live in the now, not in 1991. Slash to me sucks now so why would I bother with wanting him in being in GnR?

I liked him on the GnR albums but live......pfffft. Only 1 gig he plays decent and that is Paris 1992, Hippodrome (the only gig which he seems to be sober in).

I watch and listen to old GnR bootlegs and Slash plays offkey half of the songs, missing riffs/chords all over the place and is searching for his shoes while the band-audience waits........because he is on drugs.

He has found his pot of gold in the posers of VR.......RIP, stop crying, move on already.

Don't you get it? Guns n Roses is the band from 1991, not the joke that goes by that name now. This is Axl's solo project shamefully using the name Guns n Roses for financial gains only. And so many people eat it up. Axl is laughing at all of you as we debate this. He suckered you in, and you took the bait.

See my post above yours.

Hahahahahahahaha

So does living in the 'now' mean waiting 10+ years for AXL to release something? The guy hasn't done anything in over ten years, and he is 'current' or something?

The very fact that every single member that was in GNR has released more studio material then AXL since they left, makes them more current then AXL. Even Adler has released more material then AXL, and he has been in the gutter for almost 15 years now!

Kepp on acting like Nu-GNR in 2006 is still a relevant band!! The only thing that will ever make GNR 'current' and relevant ever again would be a reunion.

Whether you like Slash or not is not the point. (I don't understand how someone can be a fan of the band and not like what he did for the music and his part in the band)... but oh well. The whole world disagrees with you.

See my post above yours.

When you become a famous guitarist, play with some of the biggest names in the business, sell who knows how many albums, win awards, have the respect of legends such as B.B. King etc, then and only then can you criticize someone who has already achieved all of the above. Until then, SHUT UP.