"As for a reunion with his former Gn'R mates, that seems unlikely."

neatd99

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean Slash may sound like a De La Hoya, but he's the fuckin Vargas. That's just how it is. And just because he's got a bunch of guys agreeing doesn't mean shit. The truth is that they're a bunch of bad cops and I'm the fuckin Serpico and they can 'suck my dick'! - Axl, Albany 2002

[/thread]

This brings up another point I want to make. Go back to the long statement that Axl made on their official website right before the Asian tour kicked off. When Axl spoke of Slash or former members, you could sense the bitterness and anger that he had with those guys. You can listen to the comments that he made to the crowd during the tour. And now.......after 4 years of self-reflecting, he says, " I love the guy. I wanted the world to know how great he was.". Sounds like he's no longer emotional about it. He's clear headed and makes this "suck-up" statement. AXL WANTS HIS BAND BACK!!!!!

Lol, you got a point da.

People can quote whatever they want from 4-5 years ago, it's no longer relevant.

Since when did Axl say something nice about someone he was mad at? Never. He always spoke from the heart. This time is no different.

GNR never broke up and this has all been a HUGE conspiracy to get lots of american dollars and the release the 2nd best album of all time right behind britney spears greatest hits

that would actually be very funny and the biggest mind fuck to ever go down in music history

It would not suprise me one bit.

GNR never broke up and this has all been a HUGE conspiracy to get lots of american dollars and the release the 2nd best album of all time right behind britney spears greatest hits

that would actually be very funny and the biggest mind fuck to ever go down in music history

that would be a great mind fuck :xmasssanta:, in dizzy's last interview he said duff and slash had been trying to reunite with axl, throw management not directly, read into dizzy's comments as you will.

some people need to get over this, there's never going to be a reunion! Slash, Duff, Matt, Steve are all doing their own things, VR isnt going to break up, Axl has moved on, they'e all moved on, put down the pot guys!

As much as I don't think a reunion's gunna happen soon, I believe if you can get Axl, and Slash somehow in the same room they would be totally cool with one another. Someone would have to stage it through management. Given the amount of money that could be made by promoters, managers, etc., I'm suprised someone hasn't tried already.

Oh, I'd bet others have tried desperately in the past to arrange such closed door meetings. Some with good intentions in trying like hell to get the stubborn dudes talking things out...and others with less pure motives and just trying to cash in on a reunion.

Even though you'd like to think Axl and Slash would be able to work through any personal issues which had arose a decade+ ago, there still is the disagreement over the musical direction for the band. Axl seems intent on more experimentation while Slash wants to stay with the straight-ahead rock he grew up on and does best. That would be the most difficult impasse to resolve IMO...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

This is just wishful thinking. If he wants a reunion he would pick up the phone.

I think Axl is too proud or stubborn to call slash or Duff. Maybe he thinks if he did it would mean he lost and that he's nothing without them.

Edited by axlrose2

Honestly, me neither :lol:

For crying out laud here people......AXL DON'T WANT A REUNION!!!!!

The reason he said those things about slash and the old members is that this time around he won't go out there as the ultimate bad guy. it will affect recordsales etc if the media looks as at him as a stubborn old man. If he can put the ball in the other guys corner it will be a efficient marketing strategy. Becouse they all know that they won't get back togeather.

That is why both slash and Axl is saying nice tings. None of them will be seen as the imature and the one with the problem.

The truth between them is some what harder then they might say now before both records are released.

there still is the disagreement over the musical direction for the band. Axl seems intent on more experimentation while Slash wants to stay with the straight-ahead rock he grew up on and does best. That would be the most difficult impasse to resolve IMO...

Not sure about it. Axl refered to Queen not to NIN...

I think what both Slash and Axl have been doing is down playing down the feud. They just havent spoken to each other. And they don't want to make the same music and Slash seems to want to be in control and get the ball moving quicker. Axl cares a lot about GNR. Most fans would say that if GNR released a few sub par albums and kept on rocking with original band we wouldn't mind. Axl didn't want to take that chance of being mediocre. Is VR good enough to be GNR? Close?

This is hilarious - Axl makes a kind comment toward Slash and mentions that he spoke to Izzy which was relevant to the question that he was asked and now all of a sudden he wants a reunion,he's kissing ass,etc...I don't suppose it's possible for him to just be nice without there being a catch to it???As far as a reunion,did anyone read the rest of the article??? Everything he mentioned had to do with the new material -yeah it really sounds like a guy who wants to scrap everything that he's worked on for the last 10 years so that he can reunite with his old bandmates to play old classic songs.Please.......... :rolleyes::drevil::P

Maybe jamming with Gilby in 2000 was a message to the old band. :rolleyes:

This is just wishful thinking. If he wants a reunion he would pick up the phone. Mentioning that he's spoken with Izzy and that he loves Slash and thinks he's a good guy, but that he doesn't see a reunion happening, is not exactly gonna bring Slash and Duff running back to him. And waiting until VR are close to launching their 2nd album is pretty bad timing.

Sorry, keep hoping.

Not really bad timing, VR dont start recording again.... til MARCH, holy shit!

That's fine, there's still not a shred of evidence in what Axl said that he's trying to lead the others into asking for a reunion. I'd give the man more credit than that. He would be direct and call them, not pussyfoot around the issue and try to fool the others into thinking that they need Axl back.

Im just sayin. If GNR got back together it would be the biggest fucking thing in years, the media would be all over them and maybe it would help get rid of crap bands.

I would love it too, I'm just saying that da illest's argument has not a shred of credible evidence to back it up.

The fact Axl has spoken to Izzy means he wants a reunion? That is what's called jumping to conclusions. They could have talked about anything. Also, how could Slash and Duff tell this is Axl reaching out to them? His comments about new music are unclear but what is clear is that he was talking about Chinese Democracy and the work he's done the past few years. If it's a signal to the others it's not clear, not clear at all. They would need something more definite before asking to come back. They wouldn't do it and risk Axl laughing at them.

AH yes , and talking about Chinese Democracy doesn't seem the best way to attract them to come back .

I mean is talking about something the others didn't work on , and shows he is totally thinking about the future. Somehow is talking about moving on .....the coming of a new phase for GNR .

Plus somehow i dont think Slash or Duff woud want to play something they didnt help to create, we also can't forget VR are working on their album .

This doesn't shows something? well to me it shows that they aren't thinking about a reunion , at least not for now .

Not everything Axl says is a loaded comment. At the mere mention of Slash's name and Izzy's name the "reunion" talk spirals up out of control.

You people want to send your hopes up out of sight, and then you blame Axl when they come crashing back down upon you. Well, you deserve it. If you're not going to take the responsibility to listen, then you're never going to be able to blame anyone but yourselves for feeling cheated or deflated when your mile high expectations don't come to pass.

Let's see how big this balloon will get before it pops <_<

No wonder Axl hasnt talked to Slash for so long, coz if he did everyone would hear about it and be "reunion!! reunion!!!" Just let the guy be. Im not surprised hes talkin to Izzy again, he grew up with him so hes gonna be more inclined to buddy up with him than Slash.

Izzy said in an interview a while back that he went round to Axls house and had a good talk n shit. All these rumours of reunions ALL THE LIVE LONG DAY wont make anyone ring anyone else any sooner to talk about reunion so just let them all be and maybe, jusy maybe they could get back together one day.

Grimo.

yeah it really sounds like a guy who wants to scrap everything that he's worked on for the last 10 years so that he can reunite with his old bandmates to play old classic songs.Please.......... :rolleyes::drevil::P

The "new band" also played the "old classic songs" in 2002... And I bet it will keep on doing the same in the future.

That makes me think of something else... Songs like OMG, Silkworms or Chin dem can't be played with the old songs on stage. It doesn't work. The styles are too different. I attended 2 shows (Leeds and London) in 2002 : the new songs (except perhaps the Blues and Madagascar) don't fit with the GN'R repertoire.

That's an issue for the coherence of the next concerts.

PS: you're right ssiscool, nobody should close the door to anything...

I really laughed out loud when I read "It's a very complex album". When your ideas are clear about something, nothing is complex. Axl's position in the biz is actually very delicate. Maybe he got confused...

Edited by Ferrari

This is just wishful thinking. If he wants a reunion he would pick up the phone.

I think Axl is too proud or stubborn to call slash or Duff. Maybe he thinks if he did it would mean he lost and that he's nothing without them.

True............but now you can see that pride breaking. Put on your psychology hats folks.

Axl wont call Slash while hes workin on CD, and Slash wont call Axl while hes in VR. So long as they are into their own projects as they are now, they wont be any reason for them to contact each other and they're not gonna do it for the sake of it.

Grimo.

This is why I say this. Axl has been in the game for so long now. He knows how to work the media. Notice he didn't say that the "album" was coming out this year. He said music...blah blah blah. He didn't mention anything about a tour other than wait and see. And all of a sudden, he's talking to Izzy again?? In other words, Axl knew "reunion" rumors were gonna emerge from his statements. That's why he threw the bone out there. To send a message to Slash, Duff, and Izzy.

I agree with some of that stuff, but i dont think he wanted to send a message to the other guys.