"As for a reunion with his former Gn'R mates, that seems unlikely."

neatd99

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are u talkin about! Hey i luv axl but gnr will always be remembred w/ da old members! as da greatest rock band ever!!!!!!!! and for that sake there should be a reunion at least - those guys should jus make their peace n have successful memories of their "live era"

Axl is very low-profile and has been for a while - while slash n duff have continued to rock the charts

JUS FOR ALL GNR FANS DER SHOULD BE A REUNION AND ALSO FOR DA ORIGINAL BAND MEMBERS

Axl think about it!!!

They can all getback to together and hi five each other on stage in front of 200,000 people. But I think they would be bored, we would be bored. At moment there's VR and GNR making music which great. I favor Axl's stuff but VR has some merit. Combined they would be good also.

Keep on living in the past, it has changed you guys into cynical, bitter little thingies, while I am very excited about the leaks and the album which will blow everything away :xmasssanta:

Ghost of the past is calling you :xmasschef2:

See my post above yours.

I live in the now, not in 1991. Slash to me sucks now so why would I bother with wanting him in being in GnR?

I liked him on the GnR albums but live......pfffft. Only 1 gig he plays decent and that is Paris 1992, Hippodrome (the only gig which he seems to be sober in).

I watch and listen to old GnR bootlegs and Slash plays offkey half of the songs, missing riffs/chords all over the place and is searching for his shoes while the band-audience waits........because he is on drugs.

He has found his pot of gold in the posers of VR.......RIP, stop crying, move on already.

When you become a famous guitarist, play with some of the biggest names in the business, sell who knows how many albums, win awards, have the respect of legends such as B.B. King etc, then and only then can you criticize someone who has already achieved all of the above. Until then, SHUT UP.

That only means he is your average industry whore, nothing more....industry whores get praised by the industry and the other whores. According to your theory Mariah Carey is an amazing musician too, because she has done all the above and more too.

Slash has also played with hiphop acts, rappers like puff daddy, done some latino pop crap, played for jacko, appeared in tv-shows and sitcoms all over the world....he is a joke who does anything to get some attention and money...in fact check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybowzWCiogs&search=slash

No, GnR doesn't need him.

Keep on living in the past, it has changed you guys into cynical, bitter little thingies, while I am very excited about the leaks and the album which will blow everything away :xmasssanta:

See my post above yours.

I live in the now, not in 1991. Slash to me sucks now so why would I bother with wanting him in being in GnR?

I liked him on the GnR albums but live......pfffft. Only 1 gig he plays decent and that is Paris 1992, Hippodrome (the only gig which he seems to be sober in).

I watch and listen to old GnR bootlegs and Slash plays offkey half of the songs, missing riffs/chords all over the place and is searching for his shoes while the band-audience waits........because he is on drugs.

He has found his pot of gold in the posers of VR.......RIP, stop crying, move on already.

When you become a famous guitarist, play with some of the biggest names in the business, sell who knows how many albums, win awards, have the respect of legends such as B.B. King etc, then and only then can you criticize someone who has already achieved all of the above. Until then, SHUT UP.

That only means he is your average industry whore, nothing more....industry whores get praised by the industry and the other whores. According to your theory Mariah Carey is an amazing musician too, because she has done all the above and more too.

Slash has also played with hiphop acts, rappers like puff daddy, done some latino pop crap, played for jacko, appeared in tv-shows and sitcoms all over the world....he is a joke who does anything to get some attention and money...in fact check this out:

Seeing as how Mariah doesn't play any musical instruments, no, I do NOT think she is an amazing musician. She is however, an amazing vocalist; even though I can't stand her new music.

Most industry "whores" are not considered legends. Puffy is an industry whore. Britney is an industry whore. Slash is nowhere close to being an industry whore. How many world famous solos have you done? Is anyone beating down your door for you to play with them? Nope, I didn't think so.

So what if Slash played with hip-hop or rap groups? Do you not recall Aerosmith & Run-DMC?

See my post above yours.

LOL, that is pretty sad. Yeah Slash does some of this gay ass shit but I take nothing away from his talent.

He is undeniably a guitar god.

I really like Slash's guitar. But I will have to agree that he was a useless junkie live. Listen to one of the old GN'R bootlegs or watch one of them, and tell me that the new lineup doesn't play AFD/UYI songs live better or as well as the original lineup...

I really hope Fortus will play lead at least sometimes this tour. They can switch around Finck and 4tus as lead guitar. Both are quite capable guitarists.

Oh by the way. All those people who say. "SLASH IS GOD, NOBODY CAN MATCH SCOM". The guy was opposed to that great song from the start.

Edited by adnan

I've never considered Slash to be one of the "greats." He's achieved pop-icon status with his hat, though.

Listen to Contraband, there's nothing really memorable on there. I'm pretty sure he only came up with the good solos while on drugs and while Axl was pushing him.

I really like Slash's guitar. But I will have to agree that he was a useless junkie live. Listen to one of the old GN'R bootlegs or watch one of them, and tell me that the new lineup doesn't play AFD/UYI songs live better or as well as the original lineup...

I really hope Fortus will play lead at least sometimes this tour. They can switch around Finck and 4tus as lead guitar. Both are quite capable guitarists.

Oh by the way. All those people who say. "SLASH IS GOD, NOBODY CAN MATCH SCOM". The guy was opposed to that great song from the start.

and now he is fond of it.

SO what if he hates the fucking song? He still created a memorable riff for it. Jesus christ, just because you hate your work means you have to forfeit its success? :rolleyes:

Slash didn't create anything memorable in VR? When was the last time Van Halen did anything worth a damn? He's still a guitar god and so is Slash. How many guitarists can write memorable riffs one after the other today? None of em. Can anyone claim to have the most recognizeable riff of all time twice in a top 10 list? Slash can, and thats off one fuckin album!

Yeah Slash was wasted while playing, Finck can't play worth shit when he's sober, whats his excuse? Sounds like a whole lot of bullshit excuses to write off Slash's talent because some of you lot are too far up Axl's ass. You don't see any Slash fans saying Axl is talentless, but you morons go the extra step towards stupidity by dragging Slash's name through the mud... <_<

Face the facts, the world will never accept this lineup as Guns N Roses. You see all the shit Axl is getting just from these bootlegs? Watch the shit hit the fan once the album releases. He's set himself up for this by using the guns name.

This thought just occured to me... what if these latest leaks are meant for Slash to hear? If Axl really wants him back in the band, and I know that might open a can of worms because if Slash comes back I'm sure Duff would be a package deal, could this be an attempt to get Slash to say "Hey, this stuff sounds pretty good and something I'd like to be doing". Then, before you know it, Slash is back in camp.

I don't know how I'd feel about such a scenario. I feel like these new guys have worked so hard and put a lot of effort into the new songs that it almost wouldn't be fair to replace any of them. I can only see Slash coming back by himself to make it work. I don't think it would be fair to can anyone else just for the sake of bringing back some old components.

If that is the case, and Slash does come back, that means re-recording all of the lead parts. Duff, all the bass. If they tour first a bit, that means work won't begin until after the touring... or at least some here and there meaning even more delays.

I wish Axl/Merck/Sanctuary/Geffen would release some sort of statement giving us some solid news about what's going on. We pay their salaries, it's the least they could do.

Thoughts?

I wish Axl/Merck/Sanctuary/Geffen would release some sort of statement giving us some solid news about what's going on. We pay their salaries, it's the least they could do.

Don't think that the leaks were intentional for slash and others to hear, I think they are from disgruntled people around Axl who can't help noticing how terribly he tends to treat his fans - walking out of shows, last minute cancellations, 10-year recording projects ... they were bound to leak. I am still pissed that a dj at some strip bar in NYC got a listen before fans - tell me that isn't insulting. <_<

Don't think that the leaks were intentional for slash and others to hear, I think they are from disgruntled people around Axl who can't help noticing how terribly he tends to treat his fans - walking out of shows, last minute cancellations, 10-year recording projects ... they were bound to leak. I am still pissed that a dj at some strip bar in NYC got a listen before fans - tell me that isn't insulting. <_<

Well said!

SO what if he hates the fucking song? He still created a memorable riff for it. Jesus christ, just because you hate your work means you have to forfeit its success? :rolleyes:

Slash didn't create anything memorable in VR? When was the last time Van Halen did anything worth a damn? He's still a guitar god and so is Slash. How many guitarists can write memorable riffs one after the other today? None of em. Can anyone claim to have the most recognizeable riff of all time twice in a top 10 list? Slash can, and thats off one fuckin album!

Yeah Slash was wasted while playing, Finck can't play worth shit when he's sober, whats his excuse? Sounds like a whole lot of bullshit excuses to write off Slash's talent because some of you lot are too far up Axl's ass. You don't see any Slash fans saying Axl is talentless, but you morons go the extra step towards stupidity by dragging Slash's name through the mud... <_<

Face the facts, the world will never accept this lineup as Guns N Roses. You see all the shit Axl is getting just from these bootlegs? Watch the shit hit the fan once the album releases. He's set himself up for this by using the guns name.

Very good..

-Kickingthehabit

everyone has been doubting that gnr will reunite

but im just saying this out of a slight chance

1. Slash is all up on axls ass on interviews

2. Slash said he would rejoin gnr if axl would just ask

3. gnr are down on a guitarist

4. axl mentions talking to izzy (small chance it could be about rejoining)

5. steven adler suddenly says good stuff about axl in an interview

6. slash is giving dates for cd when he hates axl but now hes nice

7. rumours of slash leaving gnr

could this be gnr rejoining or a few members rejoining?

Slash = No Guitarist in GNR Currently

Steven Adler = Current Drummer said he doesnt know if hes taking part in download festival

IZZY - could be a chance:P

this is just a thought?

what do you think?

Izzy and Steven will not rejoin.

Slash will not leave VR, as they are currently working on their 2nd album.

For Slash to come back now, Axl would basically have to admit that he cannot be succesful without Slash. That most certainly will not happen.

But, never say never.

This is not the first time Im writting this because there are allot of similar posts but here it goes:

it is unlikely that Izzy, AXl, Steven, Slash or Duff play together again!!! It is possible, but everything is fucking possible...

Dream on and wait some more time.... We ll see what happens

Slash = No Guitarist in GNR Currently

Steven Adler = Current Drummer said he doesnt know if hes taking part in download festival

this is just a thought?

what do you think?

I think no and would hope not after all the current members have put into the CD. If the reunite later that would be cool...

still, curious where did you see that Adler was talking nice about Axl..I miss an interview?

Where did Slash say he would rejoin if asked?