"As for a reunion with his former Gn'R mates, that seems unlikely."

neatd99

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this Ferrari dude really as dumb as it appears? Is it worth even acknowledging his stupidity?

He has the IQ of a mud fence, but he drew his avatar himself! :) You have to acknowledge that kind of talent.

WOW! :o I dont care about his views on GNR anymore... Tony Heart eat your heart out!

Grimo.

http://www.lse.co.uk/ShowbizNews.asp?Code=...oses_to_reunite

now if this isn't a good example of how a journalist twists Axl's words around, I don't know what is.

Best read of the last 10 years !!! content-fier-lfdpn-003.gif

aww fuck it.

ferrari, move over. i am jumping on your GNR reunion bandwagon.

long live the original GNR!!! rock2

We have Jalp on our side...

Asor loser.

divers-lfdpn-039.gif

I've merged the two "reunion" threads.

Ferrari, Im sorry it took you over one week to interpet the article in RS.

Well, I guess for some people it's easier when someone else explains and devides the article into smaller parts... :)

http://www.lse.co.uk/ShowbizNews.asp?Code=...album_this_year

now if this isn't a good example of how a journalist twists Axl's words around, I don't know what is.

aww fuck it.

Asor loser.

divers-lfdpn-039.gif

actually ferrari, no one is a loser at all. you are entitled to want a reunion...that is your opinion and it's what you'd like to see happening.

ASOR is actually a very smart and nice guy so don't insult him.

i decided to jump on the reunion bandwagon too because to me, the only GNR will be Axl and Slash and Izzy and Duff and on drums....prob won't be Steven........or Matt so they could use Brain.

But if Axl and Izzy and Axl and Slash ever play together again and throw in Duff......that is pretty much a reunion anyway.

aww fuck it.

Asor loser.

divers-lfdpn-039.gif

actually ferrari, no one is a loser at all. you are entitled to want a reunion...that is your opinion and it's what you'd like to see happening.

ASOR is actually a very smart and nice guy so don't insult him.

i decided to jump on the reunion bandwagon too because to me, the only GNR will be Axl and Slash and Izzy and Duff and on drums....prob won't be Steven........or Matt so they could use Brain.

But if Axl and Izzy and Axl and Slash ever play together again and throw in Duff......that is pretty much a reunion anyway.

I wonder what Axl and Izzy talked about on the phone... that has me interested.

We know that Izzy regularly talks to Slash, Duff, Matt and even Steven..

I wonder what Axl and Izzy talked about on the phone... that has me interested.

Axl apologized to Izzy for not allowing him in his house...(?)

I'd bet money that if CD does come out, Izzy is credited for song writing.

Good call. now that would be cool.

This is why I say this. Axl has been in the game for so long now. He knows how to work the media. Notice he didn't say that the "album" was coming out this year. He said music...blah blah blah. He didn't mention anything about a tour other than wait and see. And all of a sudden, he's talking to Izzy again?? In other words, Axl knew "reunion" rumors were gonna emerge from his statements. That's why he threw the bone out there. To send a message to Slash, Duff, and Izzy.

This is why I say this. Axl has been in the game for so long now. He knows how to work the media. Notice he didn't say that the "album" was coming out this year. He said music...blah blah blah. He didn't mention anything about a tour other than wait and see. And all of a sudden, he's talking to Izzy again?? In other words, Axl knew "reunion" rumors were gonna emerge from his statements. That's why he threw the bone out there. To send a message to Slash, Duff, and Izzy.

doubt it

some people need to get over this, there's never going to be a reunion! Slash, Duff, Matt, Steve are all doing their own things, VR isnt going to break up, Axl has moved on, they'e all moved on, put down the pot guys!

Maybe jamming with Gilby in 2000 was a message to the old band. :rolleyes:

This is just wishful thinking. If he wants a reunion he would pick up the phone. Mentioning that he's spoken with Izzy and that he loves Slash and thinks he's a good guy, but that he doesn't see a reunion happening, is not exactly gonna bring Slash and Duff running back to him. And waiting until VR are close to launching their 2nd album is pretty bad timing.

Sorry, keep hoping.

some people need to get over this, there's never going to be a reunion! Slash, Duff, Matt, Steve are all doing their own things, VR isnt going to break up, Axl has moved on, they'e all moved on, put down the pot guys!

As much as I don't think a reunion's gunna happen soon, I believe if you can get Axl, and Slash somehow in the same room they would be totally cool with one another. Someone would have to stage it through management. Given the amount of money that could be made by promoters, managers, etc., I'm suprised someone hasn't tried already.

This is just wishful thinking. If he wants a reunion he would pick up the phone. Mentioning that he's spoken with Izzy and that he loves Slash and thinks he's a good guy, but that he doesn't see a reunion happening, is not exactly gonna bring Slash and Duff running back to him. And waiting until VR are close to launching their 2nd album is pretty bad timing.

Sorry, keep hoping.

Not really bad timing, VR dont start recording again.... til MARCH, holy shit!

Sorry, keep hoping.

That's fine, there's still not a shred of evidence in what Axl said that he's trying to lead the others into asking for a reunion. I'd give the man more credit than that. He would be direct and call them, not pussyfoot around the issue and try to fool the others into thinking that they need Axl back.

Sorry, keep hoping.

That's fine, there's still not a shred of evidence in what Axl said that he's trying to lead the others into asking for a reunion. I'd give the man more credit than that. He would be direct and call them, not pussyfoot around the issue and try to fool the others into thinking that they need Axl back.

Im just sayin. If GNR got back together it would be the biggest fucking thing in years, the media would be all over them and maybe it would help get rid of crap bands.

I mean Slash may sound like a De La Hoya, but he's the fuckin Vargas. That's just how it is. And just because he's got a bunch of guys agreeing doesn't mean shit. The truth is that they're a bunch of bad cops and I'm the fuckin Serpico and they can 'suck my dick'! - Axl, Albany 2002

[/thread]

This brings up another point I want to make. Go back to the long statement that Axl made on their official website right before the Asian tour kicked off. When Axl spoke of Slash or former members, you could sense the bitterness and anger that he had with those guys. You can listen to the comments that he made to the crowd during the tour. And now.......after 4 years of self-reflecting, he says, " I love the guy. I wanted the world to know how great he was.". Sounds like he's no longer emotional about it. He's clear headed and makes this "suck-up" statement. AXL WANTS HIS BAND BACK!!!!!

Edited by da_illest_in_402

Sorry, keep hoping.

Im just sayin. If GNR got back together it would be the biggest fucking thing in years, the media would be all over them and maybe it would help get rid of crap bands.

I would love it too, I'm just saying that da illest's argument has not a shred of credible evidence to back it up.

The fact Axl has spoken to Izzy means he wants a reunion? That is what's called jumping to conclusions. They could have talked about anything. Also, how could Slash and Duff tell this is Axl reaching out to them? His comments about new music are unclear but what is clear is that he was talking about Chinese Democracy and the work he's done the past few years. If it's a signal to the others it's not clear, not clear at all. They would need something more definite before asking to come back. They wouldn't do it and risk Axl laughing at them.

Edited by KBear