Queen Official Admin "GNR Heading Download"

Waters

ignore Silvester stallon coments at all cost......the biggest Slashhole you will ever meet on GNR forums!

wash your butthole with his opinions!

Warchild: ROCK ON YOU CRAZY DIAMOND! rock2

HIYA BONER...........APPRECIATE THE BACKUP!

His opinions might give my sphincter a disease though

been up tooooo long

Nighters, Nocturnal

Glad Ta Know Ya

W~~

I totally believe GH2 is whats coming next month or April....

The catch is that it will contain 2-3 new songs as a teaser for CD.

They will probably be the songs we know- CD, Blues, Madagascar- done live.

I wouldn't count on a greatest hits......the greatest hits will be on Chinese D tho...I like to think so anyways.

Brian May Rocks my Socks

Edited by Dont Try Me

I LIKE how they needed to explain Guns N' Roses as "Axl and Friends"!

:lol:

Guns N Roses has always been Axl and friends. whats new?

No matter how many times you repeat a lie it's not going to become true.

Axl & friends deserve 3rd billing to Metallica and AC/DC. The Original Guns N Fuckin Roses would be headlining if they were still together. THATS what's new.

Ahem......it IS GUNS N' FUCKING ROSES.........

How bour "original Metallica" with Cliff and Jason

or "Original AC/DC with Bon Scott ressurected???

THINGS CHANGE.......THEY EVOLVE....OR DIE.......

Why do I argue with this rectal itch?.......Fuck It!

The Warfuck gone to nap...........

nighters board

Bon Scott was replaced by Brian Johnson, a man who sounded identical to him, AcDc sounded exactly the same and their ethos was maintained.

Cliff Burton an unbelievably savage bass player, his loss was felt by all however being not one of the major song writing components of the band and being only one man, the band continued more or less the same, for Jason Newstead this is especially true.

Axl rose was not and is not the full entity that is Guns and roses, merely a component of it (albeit a large one). The band's tracks that fall under that name now, bear little resemplance to the original band (maybe with the exception of the blues to some extent) and to be fair how could they?

A band is a band so long as the original songwriters are a part of it, or a majority of members with the general ethos maintained (providing one of the main songwriters is there or its just a live band), it can be a contentious issue in alot cases granted, but certainly not in this one, (1 original member, 1 original "sub-member", 2 new guitarists, 1 new bassist, 1 new keybordist, 1 new drummer, a complete make over and a new style of music)

I support the "new Roses" as I call them and am looking forward to their new releases, but they are in no way the same band that died in the last decade.

To call someone a "rectal itch" just because they are not weird fan boy blind to reason is retarded, your entitled to your beliefs but remember thats all they are

also did no one hear the guy yabbering on about the new master of the IRS track?

Edited by Mr Estranged

Axl & friends deserve 3rd billing to Metallica and AC/DC. The Original Guns N Fuckin Roses would be headlining if they were still together. THATS what's new.

nighters board

Bon Scott was replaced by Brian Johnson, a man who sounded identical to him, AcDc sounded exactly the same and their ethos was maintained.

I support the "new Roses" as I call them and am looking forward to their new releases, but they are in no way the same band that died in the last decade.

To call someone a "rectal itch" just because they are not weird fan boy blind to reason is retarded, your entitled to your beliefs but remember thats all they are

also did no one hear the guy yabbering on about the new master of the IRS track?

brian johnson doesn't sound remotely close to bon scott, not in 58239015 years.

and "new roses" as you call them, are guns n' roses if you like it or not.

yes... true.. agree.. :book:

the ACTUAL line up its been toghether for almost the same years as the old line up

Agustin.

nighters board

nighters board

I'm afraid on that we'll disagree, brian johnson may not be as good as Bon scott but he does sound like him and ACDC's sound did not change (which was my original point)

as for the other, mere legalities, Guns and Roses is legally Axl's property whether I like or not true (the name that is), but the band thats another matter, Guns N Roses are the band that wrote all those songs these new guys played on their 2002 tour, I look forward to chinese democracy the same as anyone else but I refuse to be forced to acknowledge this band as the same band that wrote some of my favourite music when their clearly not due to mere legalities.

Edited by Mr Estranged

I'm afraid on that we'll disagree, brian johnson may not be as good as Bon scott but he does sound like him and ACDC's sound did not change (which was my original point)

Brian Johnson sounds nothing like Bon Scott -- and AC/DC's sound went a little heavier and darker after Bon's death. The style of music was essentially the same, but it got a bit heavier.

AC/DC won't be at Download. There's absolutley no substance to the Download rumours for AC/DC. It's similar speculation to the Gn'R situation - no official word, just people talking about 'possibilities' - and frankly, I don't see it as a possibility at all. People that are 'in' on the AC/DC scene have said the same thing.

On the side -- i'd be surprised if AC/DC were second to Metallica on the bill, seeing as last time they played together, AC/DC headlined over Metallica (early 90's, Monsters of Rock festival).

Greatest Hits 2 <_< Not that again for fuck sake.

Personally I don't think Guns N' Roses should be 3rd to Metallica and AC/DC. Both are good bands but if you ask me Guns N' Roses are better.

i agree for 1000 percent!..and we don't need a fuckin greatest hits 2! hopefully that's not true..

Yeah i agree with both of ye!

Greatest Hits 2.. for fucks sake!!!!!!!!!

LOOK GUNS N ROSES ARE THE BEST OUT OF THOSE THREE!!

If Greatest Hits 2 is released before Chinese Democracy, I will eat my shoe. ;)

:rofl-lol: yEaH yOu n' w. AxL KeV cAn MeEt Up AnD eAt EaCh OtHeRs ClOtHeS!

Edited by AxlRox

Compare Bon Scott's era with songs like "Whole Lotta Rosie" and "Let There Be Rock" and even "Highway to Hell", and you'll see that they had an oldskool 50's rock n' roll feel to them. When Brian came in he turned the band into just a hard rock/ light metal band. I feel that they've been going downhill since then. Back in Black was already written by Bon before he died, and I despise the so called Brian-era hits like "Thunderstruck". I do however acknowledge that they continued making good music after Bon died, and that Brian does indeed have a nice voice.

Compare Bon Scott's era with songs like "Whole Lotta Rosie" and "Let There Be Rock" and even "Highway to Hell", and you'll see that they had an oldskool 50's rock n' roll feel to them. When Brian came in he turned the band into just a hard rock/ light metal band. I feel that they've been going downhill since then. Back in Black was already written by Bon before he died, and I despise the so called Brian-era hits like "Thunderstruck". I do however acknowledge that they continued making good music after Bon died, and that Brian does indeed have a nice voice.

I could have sworn i read, saw or heard that Bon died the night before he and the rest of the band got together with any of their writing ideas for the back in black album, meaning that brian wrote all the lyrics

I could have sworn i read, saw or heard that Bon died the night before he and the rest of the band got together with any of their writing ideas for the back in black album, meaning that brian wrote all the lyrics

much of the Back in Black material was written before Bon died, however Brian did change a few of the lyrics and some of the actual music.

Conspiracy theorists would have you think otherwise, but supposedly, none of Bon's material was used for Back In Black.

Bon isn't credited at all on the album for any of the lyrics or music.

I should really let this go but...

if you want to argue that Acdc changed fine

this was not and is not my point merely an example.

please read again

I least this rehash may make abit of a dent into all those new track topics