Discuss your thoughts of the leaked CD tracks ...

gunsguy

I hope the first single is something that we haven't heard yet. I think that the demos are just more of a gift to tide us whiney brats over rather than being a stolen gem stone worthy of being put on a pedestal. They're probably just a blink of an eye in the CD field of vision. I can only hope though. I want some shock factor when I see and hear the first offically released single. But "demo" means incomplete and unpolished. So who knows what we're in for.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of the songs heard so far, I like 'The Blues' for a first single. But given the shitty attention span of the average listener, 'Better' would be a better bet. More accessible. Kick ass song too... - :ph34r:

I agree with everything you said about The Blues and Better being a kiss ass song, but I'll add that for all we know Better could be a 12 minute track so it's a bit early to say it is more accessible. :P

'Kick ass' not 'Kiss ass'. - Anyway I hope you're right about 'Better'. - :)

I don't think it's good enough to be listed with those songs. That song has potential but Axl has blown it so far with that song in the demos that we have. The chorus is horrendous, and needs a lot of work before it can be listed with those songs. If any song were to be an extension of that trilogy, it would probably be the rumoured "This I Love".

I think 'Better" is the best of the three leaked tracks so I would vote for that as the first single. On the other hand, I think people are right that it may be too different from classic GnR to start with it.

Anyway, speculation is rather pointless about this. We'll just have to wait and see -- the only question is whether we'll be waiting weeks, months, years or forever. :(

I think 'Better" is the best of the three leaked tracks so I would vote for that as the first single. On the other hand, I think people are right that it may be too different from classic GnR to start with it.

Anyway, speculation is rather pointless about this. We'll just have to wait and see -- the only question is whether we'll be waiting weeks, months, years or forever. :(

Anyone hear the full version yet, and want to comment on it?

Not releasing a single would be a pretty bad business decision. Nobody would know about CD's release other than the diehard fans. The mass public wouldn't even know it's out there. That's like giving Stevie Wonder a 60 inch TV for a birthday present... It would be stupid and pointless.

I'm not a massive fan of IRS, i think it's alright but nothing great, i much prefer TWAT & Better, but why i started this thread is to say how awful axl's moaning is at the start of IRS, i played it to a mate of mine who isn't really into G n R and she laughed her head off at it saying it put you in thw wrong mood for the song, well not in the wrong mood but she took the piss out of it...

...The moaning makes me cringe every time i hear it and axl has clearly gotta bin this off of the studio version as stern's already bashed him over it.

Any Thoughts?

Edited by Keith Moon

I don't think it's good enough to be listed with those songs. That song has potential but Axl has blown it so far with that song in the demos that we have. The chorus is horrendous, and needs a lot of work before it can be listed with those songs. If any song were to be an extension of that trilogy, it would probably be the rumoured "This I Love".

I agree about the chorus.... very weak.

Lets call it what it is

IRS is good but T.W.A.T. and Better may have to grow on me, and thats being kind.

And songs dont get "leaked" unless somebody wants them "leaked".

which may explain the diversity of the three tunes.

IRS is a vintage catchy lyrics, hard rockin

That Axl's voice was meant for.

T.W.A.T. is the all over the place ballad / hard riff changing direction epic kind of confusing tune

and Better has that techno pop shit we heard was coming with the package.

Im hoping after the feedback, which I think is what the "leak" is all about,

he will shelve the techno shit and mix it up with the IRS batch of stuff in the cache

along with a few ballads mixed in.

JMO

Lets call it what it is

IRS DEMO - ok, but feels like a filler song.

TWAT DEMO - an epic in the making, too many ideas in there, hopefully the final version is tighter.

BETTER DEMO - will be a radio friendly hit, and will top the charts, thus ensuring that CD hits nr1 and stays there for months.