All the new songs we've heard so far?

JAC185

No - the new song don't suck, i agree they are differnt, but in no way suck, There was a time is growing on me, and IRS,... well is IRS, it's not bad, but better, has got something, and without having a pop at VR, Better is better than anything on Contraband IMO.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay, everyone can stop pretending now, the hype is over now!!

the songs do NOT rule, they suck!!

why the hell are you always so negative about new material every post u make is negative

not negative, realistic!!

call it what u want 2 but the fact is i along with many other people think these songs rock especially twat and better although i will admit i like you because you are outspoken and at least speak your mind unlike a lot of people on here who just go along with what other people are saying :D

The album will be magnificent!!

There was a time is one of the strongest tracks ever made by any band!

IRS and Better are great songs, and The blues and Madagascar are fantastic (even better with the real orchestra + +)

Chinese Democracy is a great, great rock song also..

And we have potential killer tracks like Catcher in the rye, General, Seven, Leave me alone etc.. rock1

why the hell are you always so negative about new material every post u make is negative

call it what u want 2 but the fact is i along with many other people think these songs rock especially twat and better although i will admit i like you because you are outspoken and at least speak your mind unlike a lot of people on here who just go along with what other people are saying :D

thank you dude, i really appreciate that and respect you for telling me... :)

thank you dude, i really appreciate that and respect you for telling me... :)

Yeah Charlies a good guy

I think there's a good chance IRS won't be on the album.

That will be a big disappointment....that song fucking ROCKS as a Demo...imagine studio version of that?!

rock3

Hey are you an imposter, or did u loose all your post cout??? I taught you were well up the 3000 mark, not that it matters...

I was always planning on buying Chi Dem when it came out, even though to be brutally honest my expectations were not particularly high. I had fears of 13 tracks of Oh My God and My World.

But as long as it was as good as 15 by Buckcherry or as good as VR's Contraband I'd be happy.

Now I'm feeling like it's going to rip the head off Contraband and shit down its throat. I think it's going to be outstanding.

So no - my plans haven't changed, I was always going to buy it.

What about you?

Edited by Howard2k

Better than I thought stilll got more tracks to look forword to ie prostitue ,general

I love the track Better there is this cool head bobing beat to it which is undescribable I don't think it could be made any better but then again its only a demo so i wonder how or if uncle axl will improve this already extrodanary masterpeice

Edited by EliteAxl

Now I'm feeling like it's going to rip the head off Contraband and shit down its throat.

Yes it will! rock3

i cant listen to contraband because i dont like scotts vocals' why not sebastian bach??????????????

anything can be better than listening to scott

cd will blow it away'

Edited by lawrence

Now I'm feeling like it's going to rip the head off Contraband and shit down its throat.

Yes it will! rock3

i cant listen to contraband because i dont like scotts vocals' why not sebastian bach??????????????

I agree with you lawrence S.B. would have been much better IMO...and me too I don't like Scott's vocals that much... <_<

And for the thread....It didn't change anything I will but as many copy I can rock3

Yes, there's one small change:

I was always going to buy it the day it was released, but now I'm going to buy it the morning it's released with a friend, just to feel like some of you felt back then in 91.

:)

I going to buy it, just how I planned it, so the leaks hasn't changed my thoughts about buying the CD.

However, the leaks has set my expectation higher because the songs are great. IRS I liked from the beginning and Better is getting more beautiful after each time I listen to it. TWAT is not one of favourite songs although the guitars sound great.

mr.Q

Edited by mr.Q

i've always had faith in Axl and what he could do. But the truth is, even with the demo's if you listen you can tell that he reall put his heart and soul into them, even if their singles. So it hasn't changed any of my plans for the "CD". I will still get 2 of the CD...:) rock1

BTW: i love all the Demo's that where leaked

Edited by Mister_Smiley

First things first - I REALLY LIKE THESE SONGS/CLIPS.... and i think that they have to potential to be big successes, but I think people are really bigging them up too much... to say that these songs are better than GnR classics like Estranged and NR is a little bit over zealous... nothing really sticks out from these tunes in the same way that the old tunes had big hooks. There's the odd moment here and there, and i must reiterate that i think these songs are good and i like them... so here comes my point...

I think people have already persuaded themselves that they're gonna like these songs no matter what, kinda like they'd be cheating themselves if they'd waited this long and then not found it to their liking. People are so afraid that Axl won't deliver, that they percieve everything that we hear as being a piece of musical genious purely to avoid disappointment.

Now again I must say that I like what I've heard from these leaks, but I see a lot of people saying that these songs are gonna/have already blown away what we've heard on AFD/UYI I+II/Lies etc and I can only see this as a defence mechanism to hold off the disappointment that this album might not be all they've built it up to be.

I sincerely hope that I'm wrong and that the fully finished songs and rest of the album have that killer bite to them the GNR and Axl are famous for, but I think people are championing these songs a little too much IMO.

I don't want to start a shit storm, but I feel a serious flaming coming on, although I think a lot of people here will agree with me.

And please don't reply with the lame ass emoticons and 'Fuck you's that we're seeing so much of at the moment. Proper constructive arguements please, I've not called people names and been rude in this post, so I see no reason for people to do so in their replies. I hope this proves to be a well debated topic.

PEACE OUT GN'R COMMUNITY xxx rock1 rock1

First things first - I REALLY LIKE THESE SONGS/CLIPS.... and i think that they have to potential to be big successes, but I think people are really bigging them up too much... to say that these songs are better than GnR classics like Estranged and NR is a little bit over zealous... nothing really sticks out from these tunes in the same way that the old tunes had big hooks. There's the odd moment here and there, and i must reiterate that i think these songs are good and i like them... so here comes my point...

I think people have already persuaded themselves that they're gonna like these songs no matter what, kinda like they'd be cheating themselves if they'd waited this long and then not found it to their liking. People are so afraid that Axl won't deliver, that they percieve everything that we hear as being a piece of musical genious purely to avoid disappointment.

Now again I must say that I like what I've heard from these leaks, but I see a lot of people saying that these songs are gonna/have already blown away what we've heard on AFD/UYI I+II/Lies etc and I can only see this as a defence mechanism to hold off the disappointment that this album might not be all they've built it up to be.

I sincerely hope that I'm wrong and that the fully finished songs and rest of the album have that killer bite to them the GNR and Axl are famous for, but I think people are championing these songs a little too much IMO.

I don't want to start a shit storm, but I feel a serious flaming coming on, although I think a lot of people here will agree with me.

And please don't reply with the lame ass emoticons and 'Fuck you's that we're seeing so much of at the moment. Proper constructive arguements please, I've not called people names and been rude in this post, so I see no reason for people to do so in their replies. I hope this proves to be a well debated topic.

I actually agree with you, on some level. I was thinking, are these songs worth waiting so long for. My answer, of course, was yes, but with all this excitement, it's hard to think straight!

andy-robertson, i agree with you 100%...

peoples credibillity of these song out of proportion, they are not that good...in fact a couple of them are poor...

I agree....

they ARE Demos, so you know, they could be a bit different. I mean, I do like them... but I don't LOVE them. They're ok rock songs. They are not genius. This is not the best music ever created. This is not better than Estranged. This is some stuff of which some of it might have potential to be a decent radio hit or might end up on a Best Of album 20 years from now.

Everybody is just so excited about it that they cannot judge it properly. TWAT is a pretty good song though, and a pretty good Gn'R song. The best ever? Hell no.

I'll always be going back to my Nightrain and Rocket Queen. These are songs that were written in 15 minutes in a shitty apartment, while drunk, with an acoustic guitar and bongos.

the other things were written with gazillions of dollars and ample time.

I think that the best songs are made when you're not in a position to be greedy about things like equipment and the top gear for this and the most expensive that. The best music comes out of desperation and actually living the life that you are singing about (at the time you actually write it).

I was sceptical I admit, i thought that he had brought out the big guns for the 2002 tour, and that maddy and the blues would be the big songs, the rest would be like OMG, silkworms and my world. However even at that level i would have still bought it. And it would have been the best studio album for some years probably. Then along rolled this song IRS in aweful quality it still rocked. Is till couldnt believe that that was the 10th strongest song.

then over the last week with the new demos i am finally starting to think that this might be an almightyalbum. certainly it will be better than contraband, and any other around at the moment.

And I have changed my plans, I am buying two copies of the album instead of one.