All the new songs we've heard so far?

JAC185

I was sceptical I admit, i thought that he had brought out the big guns for the 2002 tour, and that maddy and the blues would be the big songs, the rest would be like OMG, silkworms and my world. However even at that level i would have still bought it. And it would have been the best studio album for some years probably. Then along rolled this song IRS in aweful quality it still rocked. Is till couldnt believe that that was the 10th strongest song.

then over the last week with the new demos i am finally starting to think that this might be an almightyalbum. certainly it will be better than contraband, and any other around at the moment.

And I have changed my plans, I am buying two copies of the album instead of one.

Haha nice one! - remember you'll have to buy the digi pak version, the slip case version, Dual Layer version (with bonus music vids on the DVD side) as well as the normal version

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've heard from the leaks, it really has raised my expectations of what to expect on this album. IRS, the Better demo and TWAT are really the sort of thing I wanted to hear on this album. If this album comes out next month or even this year I am going to run to my local HMV and wait outside it hours before it opens just to get it. The track leaks have hyped me up so much and it really changed my mind of what to expect, because I expected it to be all 'Oh My God' and 'Silkworms' which would have been a let down to me.

Yes! Even my friend who says Axl 'pisses him off' and said that CD would be a crap album because Axl only makes good music with Slash & vice-versa, well he downloaded the fuzzy version of IRS, told me it was well good, asked me for the good version...then I gave him Better and TWAT, he said their really good & class and CD will be a 'pretty good' album lol

Songs OMG, CD, R&B, not to mention Silkoworms are all very, very bad songs.

I.R.S is very good, Madagascar (Maddy is a a crappy nick) should be an interesting song in a final version,

TWAT is great, Better is great and The Blues is a masterpiece. Thats as honest as I can get and its truly realistic.

I'll rate the tracks one by one;

Madagascar: Excellent emotional track. I love the clips and speeches in the middle. I long to hear that on Chinese Democracy.

The Blues: I am beginning to really like this song. I wasn't too sure about it. I thought it was really cheesey at first. But I think the studio version will be great. I want to know if Axl has a raspy voice or a high voice on the record.

IRS: Great track. I love the acoustic intro and I think the riff is offensively sweet and clever. I like the solo and it has a really good chorus to it. The only suggestion that I might make is that they bring Axl's voice out of the mix. Let us hear him. It is similar to Oh My God how you can't really hear what he sings.

Chinese Democracy: That's a cool song. On the tour clip for 2002 Axl sounded good. I think just polishing up the vocals for the album will make this a great song. I don't like the chorus when they sang it live. It was too grungy. I think it was because Finck sang over Axl.

Better: I am on the half that love the intro. I've only heard the 1:20 version of it and I think that is the perfect way to enter the song. The lyrics are fantastic and it sounds like it has a good chorus. I look forward to that song on the album.

Riahd and Bedouins: I think if they take away the dance beat in the background this song is awesome. I love Axl's screaming in it.

There Was A Time: Wonderful. Truly a masterpiece. Axl sings great in it, the outro is emmense. I wasn't sure the first time but I know it's epic. I rate it well above Estranged.

I never rated Silkworms or Oh My God because 1) They are shite 2) They ain't expected to be on the album. Dizzy said so! Well at least for Silkworms. :D

Anyway those are my thoughts.

Edited by W. Axl Kev

I'd rank them this way:

1. Better (by far - I love this song. It has "hit" written all over it)

2. Madagascar or Twat (depending on how the final mix on Twat turns out) I've always thought Madagascar was the epic power ballad on this album - but the Twat demo reminds me of Estranged and could actually beat out Madagascar, depending on how the final mix goes.

3. I.R.S.

4. The Blues

5. Silkworms (yes, I like Silkworms. Just felt it needed more work)

6. Chinese Democracy

And I hope Rhyad doesn't even make the cut because it's my least favorite of the new songs.

Here's my rankings.

1. The Blues - quite possibly one of the best songs by GnR in my opinion.

2. Madagascar - plain old good stuff

3. Rhiad and the Benwkrenfwgs - another good one imo

4. TWAT - eh, average

5. Better - see above

6. Chinese Democracy/IRS

never really gave silkworms a good listen, so don't know on that one.

This is really hard, but right now I would say

1. The Blues

2. There Was A Time

3. Madagascar

4. Better

5. I.R.S

6. Chinese Demacracy

Although the only one out of that list that I dont think is great, is CD. All the others I love so much.

Also, has the full version of Better leaked yet?? Just wondering.

I've heard all the new tunes played live and the ones leaked.

1. I was possessed to write just now because hearing Better for probably the 50th time...I'd have to say it fuckin rocks. The best NEWgnr song i've heard so far.

2. Not so fond of IRS, like some other guy said the lyrics are really cheesey...

3. TWAT is bloated, too long and is a failed attempt at trying to reclaim the magic of Nov. Rain....

4. Love Blues, CD and Mad...

5.The other new ones that have been played live, aren't that great either. Rhiad is ok.

But if CD has more rockers on it like Better...with a fuller, stronger Axl voice...I'll give the album a thumbs up.

I'd rank them this way:

1. Better (by far - I love this song. It has "hit" written all over it)

2. Madagascar or Twat (depending on how the final mix on Twat turns out) I've always thought Madagascar was the epic power ballad on this album - but the Twat demo reminds me of Estranged and could actually beat out Madagascar, depending on how the final mix goes.

3. I.R.S.

4. The Blues

5. Silkworms (yes, I like Silkworms. Just felt it needed more work)

6. Chinese Democracy

And I hope Rhyad doesn't even make the cut because it's my least favorite of the new songs.

Mines almost the same.... TWAT reminds me of estranged also... theres a part when the guitar kicks in that sounds very similar. But yeah i don't like it that much.. but i found myself singing it when i walked downstairs so i think its going to be one of those songs that grows on you.... catchy.

BETTER WILL BE MASSIVE! Yes!

EDIT: Check out how high Axl screams at the end of TWAT.... 'i would do anything for you' - ahhhh fuckn awesome

Edited by Stupid_Moron

I'd rate them as follows:

1. There Was A Time - This song hit me as being something special straight off. I wasn't in the best of moods on first listen, and it managed to strike a chord with me and I fell in love with the thing. This song is going to be big -- people will mention it in the same vein as Estranged one day.

2. Better - Fun, catchy - it's going to be a hit. Lyrically one of Axl's best moments, plus it's got one of those "chugging" riffs which I enjoy seeing from guns. I also think the intro is something a little bolder, and makes the track stand out. Just kept growing and growing and growing and growing....

3. The Blues - Always had a soft spot for The Blues. It's a throwback to the Guns of old, great solo (one I could see Slash playing) -- just a really good song overall.

4. IRS/Madagascar - These songs tied. At the moment, I like Madagascar more, but i'm willing to give IRS the benefit of the doubt because it's still a demo. IRS is clearly unfinished, it sounds a bit empty to me and really sounds like it had a lot of work to be done on it. Madagascar was one of the better Guns epics i've heard, but the horns at the start always get to me.

5. Oh My God - Great rocker, Axl's 'test run' into industrial music. Production was shit on this one which really lets it down - it could have been a lot better. Drumming is great, and the vocals are new-Axl at his raspiest (save maybe Better) so i'm a fan. It's one to crank the stereo to.

6. Chinese Democracy - Bloody Roses' remaster really brought this song to life for me. It was average at best, but after listening to his touched up version, I saw the potential for a really good track. It's got a bit to go, but you can tell that once the main riff is layered, it's going to sound fat and beefy. Awesome.

7. Silkworms - Interesting concept, but not as well executed as it could have been. The lyrics are a little much for me at times, and i'm not huge on the whole techno vibe. I don't think it translates as well live as it could in the studio - so again, benefit of the doubt here.

8. Rhiad/Riyadh and the Bedouins - Never did anything for me. Axl's wails were pretty bad on this live IMO, and it just doesn't strike me as anything worthy of being released on an album.

So yeah, there's my take on the new songs.

TWAT reminds me of estranged also... theres a part when the guitar kicks in that sounds very similar.

I had the exact same thing here

3. The Blues - Always had a soft spot for The Blues. It's a throwback to the Guns of old, great solo (one I could see Slash playing) -- just a really good song overall.

And I also had the exact same thing here

:laugh:

Didn't read your post Ron. ;)