NIN -- And Chinese Democracy?

madison

holy shit, look you got her started now :lol::D

:rofl-lol:

Sorry, but I have a hard time just picking one or two tracks.

It's the same with GNR -- you can never just recommend one or two songs to people who haven't heard the music before.

i feel your pain i have the same problem :no:

add all the love in the world and march of the pigs to that list

it is weird it was posted on the official site like that :question:

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And guys, it doesn't matter if the sign is photoshopped, because it was posted on the offical site. It changes nothing! :huh:

Exactly!

It was posted on the official site that way. Somebody didn't just photoshop it into the pic after it was posted. It was there when it was posted.

Doesn't mean it has any real significance though. Hard for me to get excited over this. I say they are just screwing around. Besides, Chi Dem is obviously nearly upon us. We can stop desperately looking for signs.

Someone said it could be Trent challenging Axl to take his throne. LOL. Hey, it could be. But then Trent must have a pretty high opinion of himself to compare himself to Axl Fuckin' Rose and NIN to Guns N' Fuckin' Roses. There is no comparison when it comes to quality, legacy, rock stardom, etc. GN'R wins that contest by a landslide. Chi Dem could be an abject failure and it still wouldn't be close.

Edited by KBear

If you want to listen to NIN in all it's glory, 'The Downward Spiral' aside, listen to the album 'Broken'. It will chew you up and spit you out while you beg for more when it's done.

I don't know a lot about NIN. Can anyone reccomend some songs that rock?

I would listen to entire albums. And if you can, go check out a show. I think I NIN show would instantly turn a hater into a lover.

I saw NIN this year. I wasn't a hater, but it changed me from indifferent to a lover. Mindblowing show. - :ph34r:

What's the title of the hidden track #99 on the Broken EP ?

That's my favorite NIN's record. I like this band very much, they sound apocalyptic. Very cool.

But I really think Trent Reznor despises Axl. :( More or less like Kurt Cobain used to (for the same reasons)...

Edited by Alan Niveen

What's the title of the hidden track #99 on the Broken EP ?

That's my favorite NIN's record. I like this band very much, they sound apocalyptic. Very cool.

But I really think Trent Reznor despises Axl. :( More or less like Kurt Cobain used to (for the same reasons)...

You do know that NIN opened for GN'R in '91, right?

Bonus songs on "Broken" are "Physical" and "Suck."

Trent just wants to steal GNR fan's attention away from GNR and into NIN

What a faq :fuckyou:

I dont think NIN need to steal fans but opinions like these are just plain fun to me, so keep them coming. I cant for the life of me get how people get overprotected for the music they like? Who gives a fuck about what other people think or like when it comes down to music? For all we know this is an inside joke between NIN and Finck or maybe even NIN and GNR. Maybe we´ll never get it? :D

Edited by Lukin

True. Unfortunately, the shows were overseas, where NIN wasn't that well known back then. As a result, the audience booed them off the stage.

I think it would be different if they toured together this time around.

True. Unfortunately, the shows were overseas, where NIN wasn't that well known back then. As a result, the audience booed them off the stage.

I think it would be different if they toured together this time around.

Didn't Trent say that that was the only time where he was booed off stage?

Looks like Reznor's competing in the Luke Wilson look-a-like contest this year. I don't mind NIN, but most of them look like they just went to the stag shop to find outfits for each other.

Edited by Zeppelin

Haha. Was always funny seeing Axl bring in these great bands to open for them, only to have the bogan GnR fans treat them with such disdain.

I remember someone telling me that they booed Soundgarden, too. The only time they cheered was when they played Big Dumb Sex, which Cornell must have found quite ironic. :lol:

I saw NIN support GNR in 91. Izzy's last show. NIN were booed off stage. but it was 1 in the afternoon and it was just like song after song of drum machine plus some bald guy playing really fast and trent screaming. Iron Maiden fans didnt dig that stuff. I had that head like a hole ep so I could recognize a few songs. But NIN have gone to be a great rock band with ballads and stuff. Back then it was all about S&M and punk. A nasty dish best not served at 1 in the afternoon. Oh, Axl was late on stage. Perfect Crime was stunning.

The "other stars", although I like them a lot, just look like a bunch of washed-up loosers and even the best material they produced can't even compare to the worst demo put on by Axl and co (I dig VR, but they're definitely not in the same league as Guns).

well said Bach... :) we wouldn't have songs like "Better" and "TWAT" if the so called (Stars from the past) were in GNR today!....their in to that Bluesy toned down stuff......<<< Nothing wrong with that,... but to be honest...I get bored to death when I hear another solo coming from Slash's outdated Guitar sound.