NYC Warmup Shows 15 & 17 May.

W. Axl Kev

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kinda actually worried now,

can axl pull this tour off,

unlike 2002 mtv awards, he was out of breathe in the 4th line of WTTJ.

he looks in good shape.

only time will tell to be honest mate.

He's still got the studio voice, as the demos tell us. He's never been good live though at all. Bits of rock in rio, especially WTTJ were scintillating, but all too often he fails to consistently keep that brilliant scream up.

Will Digital Roses be able to pull off somewhat intelligent posts in the near future?

He'll do fine... <_<

im a noob, what else can i do

I'm just joking man :D anyway, like Leigh said, he couldn't hear himself at the VMA's

yeah.. but he's voiced couldn't take the whole ( :) ) ten minute show?! Really, when he ran around a little, it's not enough to blame it on a bad monitorsystem. He need to be in better shape, have his voice more fit to be able to pull of a full show reasonably good. But, in his defence, during the tour he sang much better then during the VMA's so I'm not really worried.

He was alright, he just couldn't hear himself. Try holding a note if you can't hear what it sounds like...

Rubbish, it's his prerogative to make sure that he can hear himself. The bugger was late to rehearsal, didn't do much when he got to rehearsal, and the band has obviously not rehearsed for very long prior to the MTV date. At the moment we're seeing something very similar apparently - Axl refusing to show for rehearsal.

And BTW, stop making excuses for the VMA performance. Let's take some things into consideration: -

1. He was desperately out of shape. Not being able to hear yourself does not make you pant. A lack of aerobic fitness makes you pant.

2. Not being able to hear yourself doesn't make you sing the outro to Paradise City completely out of key.

3. Axl complained throughout the 2001/2002 dates about not being able to hear himself. Anybody ever actually considered that he might have been using it as a good excuse because he knew that his live voice just wasn't up to it anymore. The more he screamed at technicians, fiddled with his transmittor, angrily fiddled with his earpiece meant that the more likely it would be that his army of apologists would pick up on it.

On a positive note, I think he looks in good shape. His voice has hopefully repaired. And hopefully he'll drop some of the songs that he just, let's be honest here, isn;t capable of singing anymore: - "Rocket Queen", "You Could Be Mine", "It's So Easy", "Nightrain", etc. But he has to rehearse with the new band and he can't afford to be over-confident.

He was alright, he just couldn't hear himself. Try holding a note if you can't hear what it sounds like...

He dident use ear"thing" back in the days...so thats none excuse

Rubbish, it's his prerogative to make sure that he can hear himself. The bugger was late to rehearsal, didn't do much when he got to rehearsal, and the band has obviously not rehearsed for very long prior to the MTV date. At the moment we're seeing something very similar apparently - Axl refusing to show for rehearsal.

And BTW, stop making excuses for the VMA performance. Let's take some things into consideration: -

1. He was desperately out of shape. Not being able to hear yourself does not make you pant. A lack of aerobic fitness makes you pant.

2. Not being able to hear yourself doesn't make you sing the outro to Paradise City completely out of key.

3. Axl complained throughout the 2001/2002 dates about not being able to hear himself. Anybody ever actually considered that he might have been using it as a good excuse because he knew that his live voice just wasn't up to it anymore. The more he screamed at technicians, fiddled with his transmittor, angrily fiddled with his earpiece meant that the more likely it would be that his army of apologists would pick up on it.

On a positive note, I think he looks in good shape. His voice has hopefully repaired. And hopefully he'll drop some of the songs that he just, let's be honest here, isn;t capable of singing anymore: - "Rocket Queen", "You Could Be Mine", "It's So Easy", "Nightrain", etc. But he has to rehearse with the new band and he can't afford to be over-confident.

He can very well sing its so easy...

I challenge you to find one video/audio from 2002 (or Rock in Rio) in which It's So Easy doesn't sound like it's being sung by a cat that's in the process of being strangled!

he is axl

he can pull of anything

need i say more?

Well, anything except for releasing a quality album in the past 14 years. And showing up on time for concerts. And keeping his fans informed of the progress he's making. And keeping the lines of communication open with his band members so that they actually know what's going on.

Other than that, I guess he can pretty much pull off anything.

I challenge you to find one video/audio from 2002 (or Rock in Rio) in which It's So Easy doesn't sound like it's being sung by a cat that's in the process of being strangled!

Well listen to ISE from rock rio 3 one more time punk...Awsome rock3

he is axl

he can pull of anything

need i say more?

Well, anything except for releasing a quality album in the past 14 years. And showing up on time for concerts. And keeping his fans informed of the progress he's making. And keeping the lines of communication open with his band members so that they actually know what's going on.

Other than that, I guess he can pretty much pull off anything.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol: LMAO :unsure: :xmassrudolph:

the forum members are getting the first dibs on tickets. the majority of the people at these first two gigs are going to be the diehard fans.

axl is rewarding us...those who have waited and supported the band for so long now.

the true fans will be the first to hear the new material, and the first to see the third guitarist. hell, with the way things are going axl might even give the details of the album (release date, song information, recording information, etc...) away.

axl is doing with this with his fans in mind. he's showing his appreciation, and what better way than this?

the forum members are getting the first dibs on tickets. the majority of the people at these first two gigs are going to be the diehard fans.

axl is rewarding us...those who have waited and supported the band for so long now.

the true fans will be the first to hear the new material, and the first to see the third guitarist. hell, with the way things are going axl might even give the details of the album (release date, song information, recording information, etc...) away.

axl is doing with this with his fans in mind. he's showing his appreciation, and what better way than this?

I hope ur right. I just better be able to get tix.

AS the topic states, can or will W. Axl Rose be able to tour or will he crap out again? I see he really likes doing the big money in 3 day gigs, but once he has to hit the road and get back into the dirt and hell of touring he just quits because he can't take the strain of living on the road, unlike the Hell tour back in the 80's where he had to move about in a stationwagon from gig to gig to make just enough money to get a bottle of night train and a couple gallons of gas (and maby a small bag of Mr. Brownstone) to make it home to his one room shit apartment, he has grand tour buses with all the comforts of a Hilton hotel full of servents and what ever it takes to make him comfy while endurning the hassels and pressure of long days and nights driving (being driven) around the country. Yeah, it's getting close to the release of his Master piece and I'm sure it will be all that we hoped for and more from our Rock n Roll God, but will us little folk be able to see him perform or will it all be money made by special venue only? cuz I sure as hell can't afford to go to Itly or Roam or even to the fucking gas station up the road from my house. I support Axl and his efforts have since day 1 of AFD. but is Axls ego to big for his Fans???? I guess we'll waite and see. Rock on friends. :anger: