NYC Warmup Shows 15 & 17 May.

W. Axl Kev

Yea well i live in Australia so come on down under Axl it will be fun, if u need a place to stay u can crash on the sofa in my living room. we need u down here Axl, even Simple Plan has toured to Australia and i dont know why the f!k any1 would buy tickets for those queers but there is heaps of die hard fans down in australia

Edited by Vogstar90_G'N'R

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GNR In NYC

Updated 17:35 PDT Fri, Apr 14 2006

Guns N' Roses has booked two nights at New York City's Hammerstein Ballroom to precede the group's European summer dates.

The shows, set for May 15 and 17, will be the first U.S. performances for the Axl Rose-led outfit since late 2002, when the band played nearly a month of arena dates before calling off the remainder of its tour.

There's been no word on who will be joining Rose onstage, although it's safe to say Slash and Duff McKagan won't be involved: The former GNR members' feud with Rose has escalated in the last year, with both sides filing lawsuits against one another.

GNR is booked to play Portugal's Rock In Rio - Lisbon festival May 27, followed by the U.K.'s Download Festival and arena dates in seven European countries through early July.

And the long-awaited Chinese Democracy album? Still in the works, apparently.

http://www.pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=6825

eMpTVee...bout' time..........

MTV is the laughingstock on television

On topic: I'm glad they are playing warm up gigs in America. Too bad I have senior exams on those dates. :(

I don't think two is enough though....

For example, I'm a very big person on momentum. Axl obviously wants the band to have momentum heading into the REAL thing(Rock In Rio V). It's like the Colts not playing well to end the season and then losing in the playoffs.

Axl would of never scheduled these venues unless he thought it was important to have momentum heading into the tour. With that said, what if they play these two shows poorly in their eyes or the media's eyes? They would then be going on bad momentum heading into the tour, which could hurt them at the start and harm ticket sales for the later part of the tour if people think they suck.

Why not schedule about 4 or 5 warm up gigs, in the US or London or fucking australia for all I care. Play in front of about four or five or even six crowds, all small venues as a warm up. That way you have enough time to make sure that you get AT LEAST one good performance, hopefully the last gig or the last two gigs being solid shows. This will give the band confidence in heading into the tour and knowing they can play a kick ass show like they did a few times in 2002. This will also give leeway if the first two shows arent as good and won't have the band heading into the tour on a bad note with no momentum.

Just my thoughts. I'm kind of worried that if they don't play well in these warm up gigs then they won't play well for the first few shows in Europe which will hamr ticket sales later on and overall perception. Warm up gigs shouldn't be taken as nothing, they can be very meaningful for the future of the tour.

Ok that was confusing as I read back over it, but OH THE FUCK WELL! :xmasssanta:

From mstclaire of HTGTH...

Downtown club snags Axl Rose

Trevis R. Badeaux

tbadeaux@theadvertiser.com

Honeytribe featuring Devon Allman - yes, that Allman family - is set to bring its own brand of sweet, abrasive, soulful, down home bluesy rock to 307 Downtown at 8 p.m. Monday. The show features special guest, local artist Jackson Scott.

Tickets are $10. But what could possibly make seeing Gregg Allman's son carry on the family tradition while cutting a new niche for himself in the music industry any sweeter? How about a chance to score tickets to a May 26 concert at 307 featuring Axl Rose performing Guns N' Roses hits before they go on sale May 6?

No, it's not a joke, according to Chad Fouquier, 307 entertainment coordinator. The club booked the special performance with Rose on Friday. Tickets are $35 and only will be sold at the Honeytribe show before May 6.

True Gn'R fans out there, at this point, are probably coming down off the extreme buzz of a potential Axl Rose show as memories of Rose's fiascoes in Canada and other notorious mishaps come flooding back. Rose is guaranteed to perform this time, Fouquier said. The contract is strict and will be enforced.

"The way the contract is worded, it protects the show from any bad incidents," he said. "If Axl doesn't show, if he drinks, if he doesn't play for any reason, he owes us what we paid to get him here, what we paid to put on the show, plus interest."

Guns N' Roses exploded onto the heavy metal, hard rock, popular and other music scenes with a vengeance in 1986 backed by the ferocious attack of its debut single, Welcome to the Jungle, a little ditty about drug addiction. Other singles from the debut disc, Appetite for Destruction, including Paradise City and Sweet Child of Mine, launched the Los Angeles-based rockers to a level of superstardom few bands ever achieve.

The hype from Appetite barely had time to fizzle before the boys followed it up with Lies, which included the power-packed acoustic single Patience, and the dual-disc masterpiece, Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II, which included the hit tracks November Rain, Live and Let Die, Don't Cry, Civil War, Yesterdays and You Could Be Mine.

Infighting, drug addiction, alcohol and Rose's infamous inflated ego led to the band's eventual demise in the 1990s before the band could finish, record and release Chinese Democracy, the disc that was intended to catapult the group back to into the superstar ether.

On Aug. 30, 2002, Rose reappeared after years out of the limelight. He gave what was supposed to amount to his official comeback at the MTV Video Music Awards. Guitarist Slash, bassist Duff McKagen and the rest of the original Gn'R line-up were not in the revamped group, which featured renowned guitarist Buckethead.

But, the performance only harbored more of the same from Rose. Scheduled Gn'R tour dates that followed the Radio City Music Hall comeback were canceled because Rose either didn't show up or refused to perform.

Fouquier said Rose requested the Lafayette performance because he wants to perform in front of a small crowd (the bar holds about 250 to 300), hang out, take pictures and sign autographs. Keep your fingers crossed.

I don't know how well most of the songs would tranlate to solo arrangements, but it could be really cool if this happens. I imagine he'd accompany himself on guitar as well as piano, and I have a feeling he's gotten really good on guitar.

The day before Rio though? Guess we'll have to wait and see. But it sounds like bull.

Exactly. Could perhaps have been true if the supposed date would be sometime in early May, but never one day before GN'R take the stage in Lissabon, Portugal, Europe. I'd like to see this thread closed for obvious bullshitting.

Coincidence or not.How many of you have noticed when G N' R did their warm up gigs back in 1991. Yes,it was also in May.

05.09.91 - Warfield Theatre, San Francisco, CA

05.11.91 - Pantages Theatre, Los Angeles, CA

05.16.91 - The Ritz, New York, NY

So maybe the rumours about the september release aren't that bad after all.

I will be taking the train from penn station back home that and the last train leaves at like 1:30am . Forpeople who have seen GNR before what do you expect the start time of the show to be. Is there any chance in hell that they will take the stage before 10?

I will be taking the train from penn station back home that and the last train leaves at like 1:30am . Forpeople who have seen GNR before what do you expect the start time of the show to be. Is there any chance in hell that they will take the stage before 10?

LIVE NATION PRESENTS

GUNS N' ROSES

NO CAMERAS / NO RE-ENTRY

HAMMERSTEIN BALLROOM

311 W.34TH STREET, NYC

MON MAY 15,'06 DRS 7:30PM

ON STAGE@ 9:00 PM

SEEYA THERE!!!!!!!!!!