NYC Warmup Shows 15 & 17 May.

W. Axl Kev

Well I think that people in general should be considerate and get a ticket to at least one show, even though they want to see both, Just so there can be enough tickets for everyone who wants to, I mean that doesnt mean tix will be easy to get, but the chances are better, and all GnR fans are happy they got to see at least one of the two warm up shows

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The nearest Warchild, Axls_Disillusion and Kaneda will get to the gig is reading Madison's review of it the next day.. :rofl-lol:

warchild said he's gonna be at almost all the gigs, including the NYC one :book:

Of course he is - every single, forty something, pseudo-muso who wears Charlie Manson T-Shirts will be at almost all of the gigs... they'll even be on stage dancing next to Axl! :P:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::P

Well I think that people in general should be considerate and get a ticket to at least one show, even though they want to see both, Just so there can be enough tickets for everyone who wants to, I mean that doesnt mean tix will be easy to get, but the chances are better, and all GnR fans are happy they got to see at least one of the two warm up shows

thats what im doing, im only ordering 2 tickets to the 17th

Edited by fridayfan13

How big is this place?.....this will sell out in no time......am afraid we may not be able to find a ticket!

Tix go on sale 10am on ticketmaster.com april 21st...any word on a potential pre-sale? probably not, right? hammerstein is a great venue. very popular and trendy. these shows should sell out VERY quickly in NYC....pre-sale?

2006-05-15 Hammerstein Ballroom, New York City

2006-05-17 Hammerstein Ballroom, New York City

2006-05-27 Rock in Rio, Portugal

2006-05-28 Madrid, Spain

2006-05-31 Budapest Sportarena

2006-06-02 Rock Am Ring

2006-06-04 Gods Of Metal Festival, Italy

2006-06-09 RDS Arena, Ireland

2006-06-11 Download Festival, Donnington Park

2006-06-13 Prague, Czech Republic Sazka Arena

2006-06-15 Poland Warszawa Stadium

2006-06-17 Nova Rock, Austria

2006-06-20 POPB Arena Paris, France

2006-06-24 Graspop Metal Meeting

2006-06-26 Globen Stockholm, Sweden

2006-06-28 Oslo, Norway

2006-06-29 Roskilde Festival Denmark

2006-07-02 Netherlands Goffertpark, Nijmegen

2006-07-05 Helsinki, Finland

2006-07-06 Helsinki, Finland

2006-07-08 Oslo, Norway

Ah great, i work a block a way from hammerstein. This will be a very difficult buy, ebay is going to go insane with 1000 dollar tickets.

Not even HOB tix on New Years Eve at a smaller venue with one show didn't go for that much. But yeah, they'll be expensive.

yeah why not, everyone but australia gets a damn show :anger::P, enjoy if it's true,
Yea well i live in Australia so come on down under Axl it will be fun, if u need a place to stay u can crash on the sofa in my living room. we need u down here Axl, even Simple Plan has toured to Australia and i dont know why the f!k any1 would buy tickets for those queers but there is heaps of die hard fans down in australia

they could also drop by in india for a few gigs if theyre gonna make a trip down under..

:( we ve been starved of any great bands comin down here

joe satriani toured here last year and sometime before that we had the rolling stones but other than that its been practically nothin (dont think i should really take into account the bryan adams concerts over here :P )

Rolling Stone Website

Just back to say Rolling Stone have a short article on Guns N' Roses return to New York. Includes a cool picture of Axl Rose from 2002.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Axl's crew to perform in U.S. for first time in three years When Axl Rose told Rolling Stone in January that he'd have new music for Guns N' Roses fans this year, he wasn't kidding. After a decade of working on Chinese Democracy, the follow-up to 1993's platinum-selling The Spaghetti Incident, and three years away from American stages, GN'R are ready to play New York next month. Tickets for May 15th and 17th at the Hammerstein Ballroom, go on sale April 21st.

While there's no definite word as to what music Axl and his current GN'R lineup will play live, the notoriously reclusive rocker told Rolling Stone of his new songs, "I'm trying to do something different. Some people are going to say, 'It doesn't sound like Axl Rose, it doesn't sound like Guns N' Roses.'"

Thirty-two songs -- including the Axl faves "Better," "There Was a Time" and "The Blues" -- are in the works for the new album, to be narrowed down to thirteen. Versions of "Better" and "There Was a Time" were among the tracks leaked online -- and, briefly, to radio -- in February.

After these two U.S. dates, GN'R are also slated to play a string of dates in Europe, starting May 27th in Lisbon, Portugal.

An official release date for the now-mythical Chinese Democracy has yet to be announced.

------------------------------------------------

Cya guys.

Can you like camp out anywhere to get first dibs on tickets.

I never really understood how that works. Like people would camp out overnight for wrestlemania at All state arena yet the event sold out in 10 min.

It seems like they reserved tickets for people who camped out.

Is there gonna be anythin like that for these? Well I'll try ticketmaster at 10AM on Friday but seems like no chance.

Plus I can only make the 15th since I have a graduation banquet on the 17th. Oh hell with it, I'll go if i get the 17th.

you guys think that it would be beneficial to instead lineup outside Hammerstein Ballroom and wait for tickets as opposed to trying to get it online at 10am?

Thats what I'm asking. Will they sell tickets at Hammerstein? If they do thats probably the best bet. They must hold x number of tickets for people who line up there wouldn't they?

Hammerstein should have certain amount of tickets reserved for people who are buying them outside. When I purchase tickets for WWE shows I usually line up early at the Continental Airlines Arena, which box office opens at 12. I remember thinking, how are good seats going to be availible if online ticket sales start at 10 am and us here at the arena will have to wait another 2 hours, but we were able to get some good floor seats. So Im pretty sure the Hammerstein ballroom will be selling and have some reserved, best bet is to call a rep and find out

Sitting outside, calling them etc... Is pointless.

They use the same system to purchase tickets as any online user does. The first person on the line will probably be the only person to get tickets if even. These tickets will sell out in a nanosecond, your best bet is online.